✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Worst Coldplay Songs Ever!

Sheikwonder

Hi!

I'm new here,so pardon any gaffes.

I love Coldplay a lot,I've listened to about 90 of their songs.Sometimes though,some of their tracks may be a little off though that's rare.

Anyway,I just wanted to poll and find out your 5 least liked Coldplay songs.I'll start.

- Shiver: I never did get the craze behind it,don't like it,sorry.

- Death And All His Friends: I think the song title is apt.It's a dirge at best...

- Trouble: Most "hardcore" fans love this song.If liking this song is what it takes to be a true fan,then i'm in trouble!

- A Whisper: It's best not to even make a fuss about it.A waste if you ask me...

- I Bloom Blaum: Almost sounds like Chris wrote this song in a state of inebriation.The less said,the better...

Feel free to add yours...

Let's see, why I'm such a Coldplay fan is because I thought they could never write something I'd deslike.. but actually they have. But there's a couple I actually skip and never cared for

1. Death Will Never Conquer - (not a fan of country, even if Chris sang this one, I still wouldnt like it)

2. Till Kingdom Come - (not sure if it counts as a true Coldplay song since it was written with Cash in mind, but again, not my style)

3. Anothers Arms - (boring as hell except for the bridge guitar. Since I heard it at the iTunes fest always disliked the melody, sounds like mediocre song trying to survive with production tricks)

There's others that I don't care much for, but wouldn't say I dislike them like the above..

@ov3la and @i ran away,can you guys explain why you hate a.s.f.o.s? I get that you hate midnight-i hate it too. But a.s.f.o.s? I liked the video-even though the concept was not original...

@ov3la,also why would u hate princess of china? granted it's a deviation from the coldplay norm,but i thought it had a surreal feel to it when i first heard it...

Guest diogo_sg
@ov3la and @i ran away,can you guys explain why you hate a.s.f.o.s? I get that you hate midnight-i hate it too. But a.s.f.o.s? I liked the video-even though the concept was not original...

@ov3la,also why would u hate princess of china? granted it's a deviation from the coldplay norm,but i thought it had a surreal feel to it when i first heard it...

And how can you hate Midnight?! It feels like a surreal journey to me!! Specially when I listen to it when it's night

"I live to see the world"

@a2iel: i think the key to some coldplay songs is in the title...'death will never conquer','death and all his friends' e.t.c...here the keyword is 'death' so expect to be bored to death...

"Til kingdom come" is one song i partly like.The reason is,after i listen repeatedly to the more likeable coldplay songs,i hook up with it so i don't get constipated on the good songs. e.g after listening to amsterdam,ink,a message like 10 times...i then switch to 'til kingdom come'...

I don't really dislike any of their songs but in terms of my least favourite :

1) High Speed - a bit boring, doesn't do much for me.

2) I Bloom Blaum - their least interesting B-side.

3) Green Eyes - the studio version anyway. Same as High Speed.

4) Princess Of China - I think this is more for what it could of been (Rock Im Park version). Hearing Rihanna sing most of the vocals has always made me think, "what a waste".

5) Another's Arms - An experiment which just didn't come off. The riff near the end is great but should of been more overstated, like the live version. I liked it at the start but has really faded off after many listens.

Well, ASFOS is very repetitive, Avicii-EDM style (which I dislike and also believe doesn't suit Coldplay), the instrumentation, the overall SOUND...

While Midnight is a very weird and electronic song and doesn't sound like Coldplay either, even Midnight has more atmosphere and uniqueness to me and thus is not among my most disliked Coldplay songs. I listen to it rarely, but I do.

By the way, Another's Arms, High Speed, Death will never conquer also would go on my list... Except the first 20 seconds of High Speed which contain a really great instrumental.

Also, I never understood while people like Amsterdam that much.

Asfos is edm, which i'm not a fan of. Poc is drowning in sythesizers, it's a weird song. Too electronic for me.

And how can you hate Midnight?! It feels like a surreal journey to me!! Specially when I listen to it when it's night

Midnight's a weird song, too much electronic sounds, also the rest of the band aren't even in the song itself just chris.

Guest diogo_sg
@diogo: i guess it's different strokes for different folks,maybe i'l like midnight 10 years from now...

@sparky: i absolutely love high speed,how dare you!!!

i agree with you about the rest though...

I guess so

@i ran away: What? Amsterdam??? That's song is in my top 5 greatest coldplay songs.Admittedly the song has little to do with Amsterdam except for the fact that it was where Chris wrote it.Also the beginning of the song is kinda slow,but that's the beauty of it.It crescendoes to a lovely finale at the end:

"Stuck on the end of this ball and chain

I'm on my way back down again

Stood on the edge tied to a noose

Sick to the stomach

You can say what you mean

But it won't change a thing

I'm of the secrets

Stood on the edge,tied to a noose

You came along and you cut me loose"

What A Song!!!