✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Worst Coldplay Songs Ever!

Sheikwonder

@ov3la and @i ran away,can you guys explain why you hate a.s.f.o.s? I get that you hate midnight-i hate it too. But a.s.f.o.s? I liked the video-even though the concept was not original...

@ov3la,also why would u hate princess of china? granted it's a deviation from the coldplay norm,but i thought it had a surreal feel to it when i first heard it...

i don't hate Princess of China. just say: the synths is terrible.

Guest diogo_sg
i don't hate Princess of China. just say: the synths is terrible.

Imo the synths make the song incredible!!

"I live to see the world"

I wouldn't say there are Coldplay songs I "hate" so to speak, Just ones I don't have much interest in listening to.

Princess of China is one. It just doesn't appeal to me in any way. The synths sound like they were produced on Windows 97 and Rihanna :cry: It's not that I detest the song musically, it's just that it signifies everything about the pop direction Coldplay has taken in the last few albums and that saddens me.

Another one is True Love. Jonny's guitar solo is good but it's completely ruined by unnecessary synth sounds. The lyrics while personal to Chris, are a complete deviation to what we got before on previous records. The music video is also completely ridiculous and I believe this is where the majority of my ire for the song comes from. Very superficial, lazy and clearly marketed towards teenagers. You would never had such a video during ANY of the other eras.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say there are Coldplay songs I "hate" so to speak, Just ones I don't have much interest in listening to.

Princess of China is one. It just doesn't appeal to me in any way. The synths sound like they were produced on Windows 97 and Rihanna :cry: It's not that I detest the song musically, it's just that it signifies everything about the pop direction Coldplay has taken in the last few albums and that saddens me.

Another one is True Love. Jonny's guitar solo is good but it's completely ruined by unnecessary synth sounds. The lyrics while personal to Chris, are a complete deviation to what we got before on previous records. The music video is also completely ridiculous and I believe this is where the majority of my ire for the song comes from. Very superficial, lazy and clearly marketed towards teenagers. You would never had such a video during ANY of the other eras.

POC is [emoji37] but True Love is a beautiful song! What about the music video for life in technicolor 2? It's a little childish, it's clearly marketed towards children with its puppetry. [emoji23]

@batman,if you think "Reign of love" is bad,how about "Chinese sleep chant"?

uh, those are two completely different sounding songs...I don't think she hates the song just because it's a hidden track unless i'm missing your point....

@The Adversary: apparently u've been a fan for long.The 1st coldplay song I ever heard was 'in my place',through a friend.It was nice but I didn't pay it much attention.Then several years later,i heard princess of china,and i luvd it.Then came paradise,major minus,every teardrop...etc. Soon I decided to focus on Coldplay.I was originally a big Kanye fan,but he did stuff dat got me tired of him.

Anyways i heard other songs like talk,low,speed of sound,amsterdam,yellow,the scientist,etc and i became a fan.But the point to note is that all this happened,thanks to the much derided 'princess of china'. If not for that song,i'd never have been a coldplay fan.So while coldplay may have 'deviated',i still think that changing times call for changing measures,and these flexibility is what has endeared millions of fans around the world to coldplay.

@Sheikwonder: Interesting. Do you like Homecoming, then ? :)

And don't get me wrong, I love the lyrics on Amsterdam and the final crescendo but somehow the slow half of it doesn't work for me melody-wise. I don't hate it, I just think it's overrated.

@a2iel: i think the key to some coldplay songs is in the title...'death will never conquer','death and all his friends' e.t.c...here the keyword is 'death' so expect to be bored to death...

"Til kingdom come" is one song i partly like.The reason is,after i listen repeatedly to the more likeable coldplay songs,i hook up with it so i don't get constipated on the good songs. e.g after listening to amsterdam,ink,a message like 10 times...i then switch to 'til kingdom come'...

But I actually like Death and all his Friends :P

@ov3la:I've never actually seen the music video of "life in technicolour ii" and from what you're saying,maybe I never will...

However the ending of that song still rings in my ears:

"Gravity release me and don't ever hold me down

Now my feet won't touch the ground"

Paradise. It's not that I can't stand it but I find it very 'meh'

Princess Of China, but just because I don't like Rihanna's voice

X&Y, never got that one

Based on what i've observed so far,I think Mylo Xyloto is the least liked Coldplay album.X&Y is a song I like because it's kind of bland and yet awesome in an uncanny way.I know it sounds paradoxical,but that's my honest assessment of it...

@ov3la:I've never actually seen the music video of "life in technicolour ii" and from what you're saying,maybe I never will...

However the ending of that song still rings in my ears:

"Gravity release me and don't ever hold me down

Now my feet won't touch the ground"

It's a funny video, you should watch it. [emoji2][emoji106]

@jc90:I thought twisted logic was awesome the 1st time I heard it.As a matter of fact I always imagine i'm in an Orwellian world only this time,big brother is replaced by A.I and super robots or super computers who pry on everything you do.I think twisted logic and major minus are somewhat related in meaning,though I stand corrected...

@jc90:I thought twisted logic was awesome the 1st time I heard it.As a matter of fact I always imagine i'm in an Orwellian world only this time,big brother is replaced by A.I and super robots or super computers who pry on everything you do.I think twisted logic and major minus are somewhat related in meaning,though I stand corrected...

It means whatever you want it to :) Spies was always my orwellian Coldplay track :)

Talking about least liked songs,I once disliked "Moving To Mars".I think the intro where Chris comes in with a deep tone and low pitch made me dislike it,so I always skipped it on my playlist.

One day however,I was listening to my playlist while my hands were busy typing.I was too busy to skip the song so I just let it play on.Turned out that the song wasn't as hopeless as I imagined.I still listen to it to this day...

Talking about least liked songs,I once disliked "Moving To Mars".I think the intro where Chris comes in with a deep tone and low pitch made me dislike it,so I always skipped it on my playlist.

One day however,I was listening to my playlist while my hands were busy typing.I was too busy to skip the song so I just let it play on.Turned out that the song wasn't as hopeless as I imagined.I still listen to it to this day...

I love chris's low voice! It sounds awesome! He went lower on 42, which is nuts.