✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Worst Coldplay Songs Ever!

Sheikwonder

Guest diogo_sg
A Spell A Rebel Yell is fresh in it's experimentation and quite intense and psychedelic. Mark my words, if Coldplay made an album in that experimental vein similar to this and Chinese Sleep Chant there's no doubt it would be the best received Coldplay album since Viva. They need to get back to this. Only heard such expansion and ambition in one one song during the last album with Midnight, the best song they've done over the last two albums. They're clearly brilliant at being innovative and different yet we only see glimpses of it here and there. Why they can't make that leap into a full album of such material is anyone's guess. Lack of confidence? Lack of ambition? Obsessing over commercial sounds rather than artistic sounds? A full album will only satisfy and it depresses me that the next album will most likely contain zilch ambition or experimentation.

They are the only band in the world who can command such a popular platform. U2 can't even do it anymore on a new music/new album front so it's their right and responsibility to guide those listeners and take them down a strange, mysterious and intriguing road. They've gained many new and young fans - treat these guys to something they wouldn't normally here on the charts.

Continuing to pander to mainstream sensibilities, as they will probably do so with AHFOD, is utterly redundant of all purpose and relevance.

I say to Coldplay - LEAD YOUR FANS, DON'T BE LED BY THEM! YOU'VE GOT THE TALENT, VISION AND THE SKILL TO DO SOMETHING GREAT - USE IT!

Maybe that's what they intend to do after LP7. Maybe that's the "different mindset" Guy was talking about to Jo Whiley on that GS interview.

Perhaps LP7 is the completion of something AND the start of a fully experimental Coldplay. That seems really cool to me!

"I live to see the world"

A spell a rebel yell is great and I think this sequence of three notes is the best thing about it !

And it's really good to know no one haes Politik.

I can't follow your reasoning, Sheikwonder, is there anything to suggest the Adversary is older ?? But now I'm really curious as to the Adversary's age, so hope he comes here and comments :lol:

A Spell A Rebel Yell. I have hated some other songs b4 but I got used to them. But I could never get into the song.

I agree with you I always skip it. I think there's something missing that I can't describe. The escapist could be included in this list but I listen to it because it matches perfectly with LiT and the whole album.

I agree with you I always skip it. I think there's something missing that I can't describe. The escapist could be included in this list but I listen to it because it matches perfectly with LiT and the whole album.

Yeah IKR. I always thought it needed something more. This was indeed an experimentation. It just felt like it was directed at a different genre.

A Spell A Rebel Yell is fresh in it's experimentation and quite intense and psychedelic. Mark my words, if Coldplay made an album in that experimental vein similar to this and Chinese Sleep Chant there's no doubt it would be the best received Coldplay album since Viva. They need to get back to this. Only heard such expansion and ambition in one one song during the last album with Midnight, the best song they've done over the last two albums. They're clearly brilliant at being innovative and different yet we only see glimpses of it here and there. Why they can't make that leap into a full album of such material is anyone's guess. Lack of confidence? Lack of ambition? Obsessing over commercial sounds rather than artistic sounds? A full album will only satisfy and it depresses me that the next album will most likely contain zilch ambition or experimentation.

They are the only band in the world who can command such a popular platform. U2 can't even do it anymore on a new music/new album front so it's their right and responsibility to guide those listeners and take them down a strange, mysterious and intriguing road. They've gained many new and young fans - treat these guys to something they wouldn't normally here on the charts.

Continuing to pander to mainstream sensibilities, as they will probably do so with AHFOD, is utterly redundant of all purpose and relevance.

I say to Coldplay - LEAD YOUR FANS, DON'T BE LED BY THEM! YOU'VE GOT THE TALENT, VISION AND THE SKILL TO DO SOMETHING GREAT - USE IT!

Midnight, to me, was just Chris singing and Jon Hopkin's work layered over. Indeed, it was quite different, but not very innovative. Also, AHFOD being poppy, to me, is unlikely. Just becaouse MX was poppy doesn't any future albums will be. Remember, every album CP makes is different.

Guest diogo_sg
Midnight, to me, was just Chris singing and Jon Hopkin's work layered over. Indeed, it was quite different, but not very innovative. Also, AHFOD being poppy, to me, is unlikely. Just becaouse MX was poppy doesn't any future albums will be. Remember, every album CP makes is different.

I hope you're right about AHFOD [emoji1]

Guest howyousawtheworld

Innovation can come from the simplest of marriages and that one works and is far more experimental than tripe like A Sky Full Of Stars.

With Stargate on hand to produce I think you'll find yourself disappointed with the next album. Being Stargate it's not pop...it's shit pop. I seriously doubt they're going to influence an ambient or artistic piece of music. To be honest I'm bracing myself for the worst over this album. I mean come on - the title itself is a bad start.

Innovation can come from the simplest of marriages and that one works and is far more experimental than tripe like A Sky Full Of Stars.

With Stargate on hand to produce I think you'll find yourself disappointed with the next album. Being Stargate it's not pop...it's shit pop. I seriously doubt they're going to influence an ambient or artistic piece of music. To be honest I'm bracing myself for the worst over this album. I mean come on - the title itself is a bad start.

Nah, Midnight was just a darker "The Escapist." On the other hand, it hasn't been confirmed that Stargate are the producers. There could be other Norwegian producers. Stargate may have actually just been offered by Angelina Jolie to work with Coldplay when they did Miracles. We just have to wait and see what the album will turn out to be.

I share these fears...

Guest diogo_sg
A Sky Full Of Stars...

A Head Full Of Dreams...

Or A Band Full Of Crap???

I begin to doubt if you actually like Coldplay

@diogo & @ov3la: The question is rhetorical really...

Remember when I started this thread,the idea was to poll and find out what Coldplay songs were least liked among fans.I generally assumed that most people would tow the same line and go for similar songs.Turns out there are folks who don't like:

-A Sky Full Of Stars

-Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

-Princess Of China

-High Speed

-Charlie Brown

-Major Minus

-Ink

-O

-Magic

-A Message

-Amsterdam

-Spies

-Twisted Logic

-X&Y etc...

I'm not making this up.Just run through this thread again and check for yourself.I'm sure I missed out on a huge list of songs in fact...

Even going by some comments listed here,there seems to be a consensus that the next album will be worse,in terms of quality and lyrics,than the preceding albums.From what I gather,Coldplay has been on the "decline" since X&Y.

This bothers me because my best Coldplay songs are post the "decline",and if Oldplayers here think otherwise then that says a lot about my taste in music....

@diogo & @ov3la: The question is rhetorical really...

Remember when I started this thread,the idea was to poll and find out what Coldplay songs were least liked among fans.I generally assumed that most people would tow the same line and go for similar songs.Turns out there are folks who don't like:

-A Sky Full Of Stars

-Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

-Princess Of China

-High Speed

-Charlie Brown

-Major Minus

-Ink

-O

-Magic

-A Message

-Amsterdam

-Spies

-Twisted Logic

-X&Y etc...

I'm not making this up.Just run through this thread again and check for yourself.I'm sure I missed out on a huge list of songs in fact...

Even going by some comments listed here,there seems to be a consensus that the next album will be worse,in terms of quality and lyrics,than the preceding albums.From what I gather,Coldplay has been on the "decline" since X&Y.

This bothers me because my best Coldplay songs are post the "decline",and if Oldplayers here think otherwise then that says a lot about my taste in music....

I don't think they can do worse than GS. How can u say that next album will be worse when we don't even know what it will sound like? The uplifting theme that chris has said he wants for a head full of dreams makes me positive that it will be better than GS or MX. Sure they have different producers but it'll be interesting to see what they have done with the new album.

So,if all these songs which I fancy are considered "crap" by most,then you can understand my trouble in trying to strike a balance as to what is generally considered "Coldplayish".

Which is why I when I hear a post-AROBTTH song branded as sub-par,I tend to assume that such comments are from older fans who have probably observed the "decline".

I know I may not be considered a "true fan" by most.I only recently started listening to Coldplay intensively,I have never been to a show and I have never bought an album-thanks to the world wide web,where you can get anything free.I never even knew that "Violet Hill" was a society themed songs[tips hat to "i ran away" and another who I can't remember],I don't what "B-Side" actually means,as well as the difference between EP and LP.I don't know who or what Stargate is,and from what has been bandied about here,they don't sound likable...

My point is,I'm a novice who just loves Coldplay for good or ill,all the analysis in the world won't change that...

Peace!

Guest diogo_sg
So,if all these songs which I fancy are considered "crap" by most,then you can understand my trouble in trying to strike a balance as to what is generally considered "Coldplayish".

Which is why I when I hear a post-AROBTTH song branded as sub-par,I tend to assume that such comments are from older fans who have probably observed the "decline".

I know I may not be considered a "true fan" by most.I only recently started listening to Coldplay intensively,I have never been to a show and I have never bought an album-thanks to the world wide web,where you can get anything free.I never even knew that "Violet Hill" was a society themed songs[tips hat to "i ran away" and another who I can't remember],I don't what "B-Side" actually means,as well as the difference between EP and LP.I don't know who or what Stargate is,and from what has been bandied about here,they don't sound likable...

My point is,I'm a novice who just loves Coldplay for good or ill,all the analysis in the world won't change that...

Peace!

Hey, I only said you didn't sound like a Coldplay fan. You basicly said the band was crap a couple posts ago!! Idk if you were joking or not bc it's hard to understand that through writing.

Besides, I too am a new Coldplayer. I've said so many times here!! That's not why I said you weren't a true fan! A true fan can be someone who started listening to Coldplay right now!! That's not the point. The point is that you said that the band was "crap" and that just doesn't seem something a fan would say. I ain't judging anyone here!

That's all, bud!! [emoji1][emoji111]

Guest diogo_sg
I don't think they can do worse than GS. How can u say that next album will be worse when we don't even know what it will sound like? The uplifting theme that chris has said he wants for a head full of dreams makes me positive that it will be better than GS or MX. Sure they have different producers but it'll be interesting to see what they have done with the new album.

I think GS is nice. It isn't their best album (duh) but it is certainly not terrible. The lyrics and the melodies perfectly match the concept. I would love it more if the lyrics were deeper, but it's good the way it is. It's Coldplay, so I'm kinda forced to love it [emoji4]

Guest diogo_sg
I've compiled the responses from everyone and have made a Top 5 countdown list.

Check it out

Is there a top 5 best CP music videos?

Hi!

I'm new here,so pardon any gaffes.

I love Coldplay a lot,I've listened to about 90 of their songs.Sometimes though,some of their tracks may be a little off though that's rare.

Anyway,I just wanted to poll and find out your 5 least liked Coldplay songs.I'll start.

- Shiver: I never did get the craze behind it,don't like it,sorry.

- Death And All His Friends: I think the song title is apt.It's a dirge at best...

- Trouble: Most "hardcore" fans love this song.If liking this song is what it takes to be a true fan,then i'm in trouble!

- A Whisper: It's best not to even make a fuss about it.A waste if you ask me...

- I Bloom Blaum: Almost sounds like Chris wrote this song in a state of inebriation.The less said,the better...

Feel free to add yours...

I need to ask, why do you not like trouble?

I honestly think it's one of their greatest.

Maybe I'm an "old player" too

I do think their best albums are parachutes, Rush, viva and mylo

X and y and ghost stories are by no means great. (But both have some tunes, fix u, talk, magic, oceans)

Id say the new album will be big sounding record, stadium style. I think they will pull it off.

My top 5 least favourite

Speed of sound

Another's arms

Always in my head

What if

We never change