✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Worst Coldplay Songs Ever!

Sheikwonder

@diogo: You misconstrue the "crap" comment wasn't about "dissing" coldplay.Like I said,it was rhetorical and was meant to show a connection between coldplay at present "a sky full of stars",the future "a head full of dreams" and the general perception on how most Coldplay hits are considered "crap"...

@paa1988: Let's just say the only part I can manage in "Trouble" is "they spun a web for me"...

I have tried to listen to it over and over again,I just don't like it.Sometimes I wonder why Gatorade ever wanted to use that song in their advert...

By the way,why do you dislike "Speed Of Sound"? I consider that song as one of their finest...

I think GS is nice. It isn't their best album (duh) but it is certainly not terrible. The lyrics and the melodies perfectly match the concept. I would love it more if the lyrics were deeper, but it's good the way it is. It's Coldplay, so I'm kinda forced to love it [emoji4]

"I live to see the world"

It's not terrible at all. It's certainly better than all the crap that plays on the radio. It's good but in the line of coldplay albums, it's my least favorite.

I need to ask, why do you not like trouble?

I honestly think it's one of their greatest.

Maybe I'm an "old player" too

I do think their best albums are parachutes, Rush, viva and mylo

X and y and ghost stories are by no means great. (But both have some tunes, fix u, talk, magic, oceans)

Id say the new album will be big sounding record, stadium style. I think they will pull it off.

My top 5 least favourite

Speed of sound

Another's arms

Always in my head

What if

We never change

What if is one of coldplay's greatest songs.

Speed of sound just reminds me of the band trying to become U2 more so than before. To be honest I know it's a good track and they do a cracking live version on how we saw the world.

But like trouble for you I guess this song just bugs me. I wasn't keen on Coldplay around that x&y period. I just felt overall they were trying to hard.

What if, is just the lyrics. Don't relate to them and don't think Chris tried too hard to write them.

I think Coldplay overall are more melodic that lyrical. Chris admits he's not the best lyrical.

Even though on some of the concept albums the lyrics are quality (viva la vida)

But mostly he is a generic lyricist. Which I do like as everyone can relate to it. (Fix u, trouble, magic, yellow, clocks, God put a smile)

But when you keep doing the generic lyrics, some songs come out sounding to simple or plain (another's arms, we never change, a whisper, what if, lost)

But all this aside, no artist is perfect and I really to love them and connect with their tunes.

P.s listen to trouble again (try a live version [emoji108][emoji2]

Guest diogo_sg
@diogo: You misconstrue the "crap" comment wasn't about "dissing" coldplay.Like I said,it was rhetorical and was meant to show a connection between coldplay at present "a sky full of stars",the future "a head full of dreams" and the general perception on how most Coldplay hits are considered "crap"...

@paa1988: Let's just say the only part I can manage in "Trouble" is "they spun a web for me"...

I have tried to listen to it over and over again,I just don't like it.Sometimes I wonder why Gatorade ever wanted to use that song in their advert...

By the way,why do you dislike "Speed Of Sound"? I consider that song as one of their finest...

I'm sorry, then [emoji6]

Guest diogo_sg
It's not terrible at all. It's certainly better than all the crap that plays on the radio. It's good but in the line of coldplay albums, it's my least favorite.

I agree [emoji111]

So,if all these songs which I fancy are considered "crap" by most,then you can understand my trouble in trying to strike a balance as to what is generally considered "Coldplayish".

Which is why I when I hear a post-AROBTTH song branded as sub-par,I tend to assume that such comments are from older fans who have probably observed the "decline".

I know I may not be considered a "true fan" by most.I only recently started listening to Coldplay intensively,I have never been to a show and I have never bought an album-thanks to the world wide web,where you can get anything free.I never even knew that "Violet Hill" was a society themed songs[tips hat to "i ran away" and another who I can't remember],I don't what "B-Side" actually means,as well as the difference between EP and LP.I don't know who or what Stargate is,and from what has been bandied about here,they don't sound likable...

My point is,I'm a novice who just loves Coldplay for good or ill,all the analysis in the world won't change that...

Peace!

That "crap" comment was thoroughly misunderstood, but I know what you meant to say. Let me reassure you that for all I know you are a true fan. I consider myself a true fan. And I only know them since 2012. As I said I am not old but still love the earliest Coldplay works the most. Never been to a show. Never bought any album "new" from them, just a couple of old used ones to have the CD form and also downloaded the rest. When i started getting into Coldplay, I didn't know what Violet Hill or any other song was about either. A B-Side is a kind of bonus song (used to be on the flip side of a vinyl) accompanying a single. EP=extended play, several songs but not the length of an entire album. LP= long play, full album with many songs. Stargate=Norwegian producer duo who produced Miracles and are rumored to be involved in producing AHFOD, to the dismay of many fans because they are mainly known for producing shitty pop (Rihanna, Beyonce etc.)

btw, i agree with ov3la that What If is one of the best Coldplay songs, and I'd say Speed of Sound is, too

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
Speed of sound just reminds me of the band trying to become U2 more so than before. To be honest I know it's a good track and they do a cracking live version on how we saw the world.

But like trouble for you I guess this song just bugs me. I wasn't keen on Coldplay around that x&y period. I just felt overall they were trying to hard.

What if, is just the lyrics. Don't relate to them and don't think Chris tried too hard to write them.

I think Coldplay overall are more melodic that lyrical. Chris admits he's not the best lyrical.

Even though on some of the concept albums the lyrics are quality (viva la vida)

But mostly he is a generic lyricist. Which I do like as everyone can relate to it. (Fix u, trouble, magic, yellow, clocks, God put a smile)

But when you keep doing the generic lyrics, some songs come out sounding to simple or plain (another's arms, we never change, a whisper, what if, lost)

But all this aside, no artist is perfect and I really to love them and connect with their tunes.

P.s listen to trouble again (try a live version [emoji108][emoji2]

C'mon!! You can't call GPASUYF "generic"!! The lyrics are everything but generic!! I agree with you with *some* other songs you mentioned (I love them all btw) but definitely not with this one!!

Guest diogo_sg
What if is one of coldplay's greatest songs.

Oooohhhhh, that's riiiiiiiight...

Guest diogo_sg
@diogo: we are cool,i know you've got my back...

@I ran away: I opened my mouth wide agape as I read through your post... Only four words come to mind...

"Thank You Very Much"....

[emoji6] [emoji111]

C'mon!! You can't call GPASUYF "generic"!! The lyrics are everything but generic!! I agree with you with *some* other songs you mentioned (I love them all btw) but definitely not with this one!!

You are right and I do take it back for God put a smile as it is a tune lyrically (I admit I was wrong with these song)

But I'm glad you see my point [emoji111]️

Guest diogo_sg
You are right and I do take it back for God put a smile as it is a tune lyrically (I admit I was wrong with these song)

But I'm glad you see my point [emoji111]️

It's ok. I'm glad we share the same opinion [emoji6]

@paa1988: I will listen to "Trouble" again before I sleep tonight,but you've got to promise that you'll give "Speed Of Sound" another listen...

"All that noise and all that sound,

All those places I got found..."

I will do, I'd better listen to what if again by the looks of thing lol.

Listen to trouble when your feeling down about something or if you have had a fight with a friend,family,girlfriend,boyfriend etc

That's the time to listen to trouble.

In a way, it's actually a very uplifting tune [emoji106]

The 2011 version pinkpop festival on YouTube is great. They rarely play it live now which makes it special too.

Guest diogo_sg
I will do, I'd better listen to what if again by the looks of thing lol.

Listen to trouble when your feeling down about something or if you have had a fight with a friend,family,girlfriend,boyfriend etc

That's the time to listen to trouble.

In a way, it's actually a very uplifting tune [emoji106]

The 2011 version pinkpop festival on YouTube is great. They rarely play it live now which makes it special too.

I listen to Trouble whenever I want, not just when I'm feeling Low!! It's a song that gets really close to perfection imho

Trouble is a special song to me because in my mind, I dedicate it to someone who has a not-so-good opinion on me because I messed up a lot and hurt her, despite her kindness. I realized only very late what I had in her (...and thought of all the stupid things I'd said). And she has no clue that I appreciate her and everything she has done for me very much. (Oh, no I never meant to do you wrong). :(

Speed of Sound not only has a great melody, but also very cool lyrics, I think. Just read this:

Look up, I look up at night

Planets are moving at the speed of light

Climb up, up in the trees

Every chance that you get

Is a chance you seize

How long am I gonna stand

With my head stuck under the sand ?

I'll start before I can stop

Or before I see things the right way up

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
Trouble is a special song to me because in my mind, I dedicate it to someone who has a not-so-good opinion on me because I messed up a lot and hurt her, despite her kindness. I realized only very late what I had in her (...and thought of all the stupid things I'd said). And she has no clue that I appreciate her and everything she has done for me very much. (Oh, no I never meant to do you wrong). :(

Speed of Sound not only has a great melody, but also very cool lyrics, I think. Just read this:

Look up, I look up at night

Planets are moving at the speed of light

Climb up, up in the trees

Every chance that you get

Is a chance you seize

How long am I gonna stand

With my head stuck under the sand ?

I'll start before I can stop

Or before I see things the right way up

That first paragraph made me sad for you [emoji22]

Yeah, SOS is an astounding song

Guest diogo_sg
SOS just gets a bad rap from the band and the critics.

I don't understand why!! I think I'll never understand why!!