✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-12-03] BBC Radio 1 Special Show at St John’s Hackney Church, London

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diogo_sg
Thankyou to all those who waited at the front with us, from 7am. A truly unbeatable experience - and we met chris!

+ I sang end of ASFOS with him!

Wow! Congrats, you lucky Coldplayer! :D

I'll do a longer review soon. My favourite parts were:

- The Lasers / Effects during 'A Head Full Of Dreams'. Looked stunning and very surreal

- Chris made the whole crowd crouch to the floor during Charlie Brown!! I've never seen anything like it, it was crazy. All of us on the front row were peeking over the top slightly. Madness!

- Chris gave me the eyes during Charlie Brown I think :P

- He then spotted me filming during Hymn For The Weekend and was singing directly at the phone camera (Don't know if you noticed that on Periscope)

- Chris also had a moment with Mayurshikotra (next to me) during AOAL. Chris pointed, Mayur pointed to himself as to ask "You pointing at me", Chris nodded and Mayur did that beat drop sign with Chris! :D

A Head Full Of Dreams, Charlie Brown and A Sky Full Of Stars were the best moments of the night :D

• Like 2

I listened to the show tonight on the radio, I particularly enjoyed 'Hymn for the Weekend' and 'Up and Up', they are two incredible songs. I love how HFTW has so many different components to it. Nice to hear a lot of the classics as well.

I enjoyed listening in to the show and have just watched footage of the live lounge, which was quite revealing. I thought that AOAL (sans backing track fanfare) was v. good indeed. As far as I'm concerned, the argument for having automated playback in most songs is more or less nullified when they can pull arrangements like that out of the bag. Also, look at how Jonny missed his cue to deactivate them at the end of CL...(and then Chris took the blame for it).

I'll do a longer review soon. My favourite parts were:

- The Lasers / Effects during 'A Head Full Of Dreams'. Looked stunning and very surreal

- Chris made the whole crowd crouch to the floor during Charlie Brown!! I've never seen anything like it, it was crazy. All of us on the front row were peeking over the top slightly. Madness!

- Chris gave me the eyes during Charlie Brown I think :p

- He then spotted me filming during Hymn For The Weekend and was singing directly at the phone camera (Don't know if you noticed that on Periscope)

- Chris also had a moment with Mayurshikotra (next to me) during AOAL. Chris pointed, Mayur pointed to himself as to ask "You pointing at me", Chris nodded and Mayur did that beat drop sign with Chris! :D

A Head Full Of Dreams, Charlie Brown and A Sky Full Of Stars were the best moments of the night :D

lasers in closed arena or places are really amazing because you can see how the light rebounds, and that efect most of cameras doesn't handle it... the power of the human eye makes the things better.

They were brilliant. Was expecting much better than last year's Ghost Stories concert and it exceeded that by much more than I thought. For the 'jumping' songs, everyone joined in and it was great :D Overall, the left side by Jonny were slightly better, a few statues around the right side :p

Everything got a brilliant response, apart from HFTW which hasn't gone down popular with everyone but it was it's live debut so once people get used to the live version, it will be better.

The very best was the end of Charlie Brown but that was because everyone joined in with the crouching. Hopefully we'll see it on the iPlayer tomorrow!