✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-12-03] BBC Radio 1 Special Show at St John’s Hackney Church, London

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched this amazing show on BBCiplayer. Apart from it all being wonderful, I noted a couple of particularly nice bits:-

...... when Chris played a wrong note (or 2) on the piano in' Paradise' - Jonny seemed to move across in front of him, almost to protect him in case it all went pear-shaped - Awwwww.

.......In 'Magic' Chris looked heart-broken again and the look he gave Jonny - Oh !

....... and another nice moment in ASFOS - Chris singing 'I give you my heart' was deffo sung at His best mate again.

........ and....... I though it was 'sitting with the boys, takes away the pain' - almost seems a better word than 'poison' as I'm sure those mates all helped Chris when he was down.

Gawwwwwd ! I wish I'd been able to get a ticket !!!!!!

• Like 1

Really nice meeting some of you on Thursday - was so stoked to be able to help Alizée get in after she travelled all the way from Southern France without a ticket. Thanks for letting us enter where she'd been queuing and not making us go to the back like I'd been expecting! Thanks to Frida and Laura for being so cool.

Great show though. Very relaxed, genuinely appreciative crowd, lots of energy. I'm not sold on some of the new record (typical old-school fan, I know) but also thought it sounded fantastic live. Incredible production too... With all the projections on the back wall, I was wondering if they'll do something similar at Wembley/stadia/Glastonbury onto the stage(s)?

One more note... There's still something very strange about seeing the band and not hearing Yellow!

• Like 1

Just watched this amazing show on BBCiplayer. Apart from it all being wonderful, I noted a couple of particularly nice bits:-

...... when Chris played a wrong note (or 2) on the piano in' Paradise' - Jonny seemed to move across in front of him, almost to protect him in case it all went pear-shaped - Awwwww.

.......In 'Magic' Chris looked heart-broken again and the look he gave Jonny - Oh !

....... and another nice moment in ASFOS - Chris singing 'I give you my heart' was deffo sung at His best mate again.

........ and....... I though it was 'sitting with the boys, takes away the pain' - almost seems a better word than 'poison' as I'm sure those mates all helped Chris when he was down.

Gawwwwwd ! I wish I'd been able to get a ticket !!!!!!

Haha I also understood

"Sitting with the BOYS takes away the pain"

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wasn't such a huge fan of the album but watching the show on iplayer and songs like Up & Up and Everglow are just a million times better live.

I even like HFTW better live. It's a little more pop rock and a little less hip hop. The other new songs are amazing live and the older additions to the set, especially Charlie Brown, were great. Chris was off during Fix You but the rest of the set was simply awesome. The visuals were all breathtaking, I can only imagine those filling an entire stadium...

• 4 months later...
What it means to me:

That when something bad happens to you, if you sit with it, if you accept it and surrender, it takes away the pain, it gets easier to get through it. Resistance causes more pain, so if you can "sit with the poison" you might actually find out that it might turn into a blessing...the alchemizing Chris often speaks of in the interviews :)

This is one of the best things Coldplay's lyrics have learned me. We are still egoistical creatures I think, and therefore we have it easy to choose the easiest way and running away from things, but if we're trying to alchemize stuff, we really can come through so much hard stuff. <3

• 4 years later...