✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-06-01] Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Germany

stephen

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, 100%! :cheesy:

I could try to tranlsate it if anyone cares, but it might take some time since the wording is very... artistic :sweatdrop:

I understand a little bit of your language

(It is the 3th language in Belgium).

Nice article, and a funny description of Chris and Jonny, also known as the man with the green trousers. [emoji1]

• Like 1

Update on my voice: Today it's gone, just plain gone. I literally can't talk. Not one word.

Sent via Tapatalk

I was afraid mine would be gone as well because I was screaming and singing like a crazy person all the time, but surprisingly I'm fine, my throat hurts a little bit but not bad at all...

So I want to share my experience of my first concert ever.

I was kind of worried at first that I arrived a bit late (around 5pm) because of the traffic and having school in the morning, but it turned out all right, we got spots almost at the front of our category. Sadly the FOS2 left was anything but at the front of the stage (idk about FOS2 right...?), which disappointed me a little, especially since the price seemed to be the same as FOS1... I couldn't see the B- and C-Stage, but the view at the main stage was actually rather good, so it was alright. I had actually hoped to be a little closer to the guys, it was so awesome to actually see them in real life after spending all this time just watching videos, it overwhelmed me a little at the beginning[emoji12]

With the addition of Lovers in Japan the setlist was perfect imo. They played songs that made you want to dance, but also a few older songs on the C-Stage (Don't Panic, In My Place, See You Soon), all in all I appreciate so much that they're trying to make it great for everyone, playing their hits, newer more dancey songs and also a few songs that are older and just about the music, not the show. I was also quite happy with In My Place for the request.

One of my highlights defenitly was when they played Lovers in Japan, I even thought of requesting this song before I decided for Gravity. I was kind if surprised that I seemed to be one of the only ones who screamed when Chris announced Lovers in Japan.

The audience generally sometimes seemed a bit boring, of course they were singing and screaming and also dancing at some points, but I hardly saw people jumping, or really freaking out... however, that didn't stop me from singing, dancing, screaming and jumping like a crazy person haha[emoji23]

Lol I was sweating a lot, especially since I wore the CP shirt I bought on top of my other shirt!

I kind of would have liked to be covered in confetti lol, but not so much of it reached me (nor the balloons)...

I love how they make everyone feel like a part of the show with the xylobands or Chris asking to turn the lights on so he can see us. Singing the viva chant together with the rest of the audience was such an awesome feeling...

There was also a little buckin every now and then

I just kind of hoped Chris would try to describe the band members in German, like he did in Spanish, that would have been funny af[emoji23]

I loved how Chris announced Jonny would be singing during Don't Panic, he's so cute...

Even though it was over pretty quickly, I still had the feeling like they were playing many songs, the 2 hours they did were perfect imo.

I think Up&Up is the perfect closer, it's so beautiful that the last thing they giving us on our way is their ultimate message, BELIEVE IN LOVE!

And it was also really beautiful that they played the awesome video in the background...

All in all, as I already said, it was one of the best (probably the best) experience in my life! I hope I get to see them again soon!

Even though I'm kind of sad it's over now I feel like Coldplay left this little spark in me[emoji4]

(Sorry for spamming this thread with this long post about my experience haha[emoji12] )

It is a beautiful re-telling of an experience that deeply moved you! [emoji81]That could never be called spam.

• Like 1

There are amazing videos on YouTube which cover the whole concert.

Amazing work, great to watch, high quality in picture and sound , but I ask myself if the moviemaker have seen the show only on their small camera screen [emoji15]?

• Like 1

As Batman said - the language in the review from WAZ is rather artistic. But I am willing to try to translate the article. Then Batman can add a few things. I will be back a little later.

I translated the first paragraphs and then had to go. When I came back I saw Batman's awesome translation.

My attempt at translation of the first paragraphs / the first column:

TRANLATION OF WAZ REVIEW OF COLDPLAY CONCERT IN GELSENKIRCHEN ON 1 JUNE 2016

SO BIG, SO COLOURFUL, SO BEAUTIFUL

Second-to-none (i.e. the show can hardly be surpassed by others) : Coldplay conquers the Schalke-Arena with Watt and Heart in the Storm (it was bad weather with stormy winds and lightning). And pays a (humble) tribute to the late David Bowie with “Heroes”

Article written by Jens Dirksen / translated by Nancy Boysen

Gelsenkirchen. When already the third song of the evening brings a heavy rain of confetti and the first rockets rise into the arena’s sky, then you ask yourself: How can this level continue until the end? How can they outdo themselves? – Almost 2 hours later these sorrows are gone like so many others. A little dizzy like after a happiness-tickling party ecstasy, 55,000 people are leaving the area heading home. And 4 mature lads from Great Britain have guided them home: To them, to the good, the true, the Beautiful.

It is Coldplay, and the “Head Full of Dreams”-tour attracts the fans, because they have something in common that otherwise only applies to bands like the Rolling Stones: Go to a Coldplay concert as long as Coldplay exists. Chris Martin had compared the band’s seventh album to the last Harry Potter book and thus not for the first time triggered dark speculations as to the future of Coldplay.

• Like 1

As Batman said - the language in the review from WAZ is rather artistic. But I am willing to try to translate the article. Then Batman can add a few things. I will be back a little later.

awesome, thanks!

Jesus CHRIST this text was a pain to translate :dead: Here's the WAZ Newspaper in English:

picturegallery-546292-2006903.jpg

Singer, guitarist, keys-man and big child: Coldplay-head Chris Martin in front of 55 000 fans at the Arena on Schalke.

So big, so colorful, so beautiful

Hardly increasable: Coldplay conquered the Schalke Arena with Watt and heart by storm. And bows to David Bowie with "Heroes"

Gelsenkirchen.

If the third song of the evening is already bringing dense confetti showers and the first fireworks are starting in the arena-sky, the question comes up: How are they're going to keep this momentum going until the end? Perhaps even increase? Nearly two hours later, these worries will be scattered like so many others. A little dazed, like after a happiness-bubbling party rush, 55 000 people are floating from the Schalke Arena homewards. And four mature boys from UK have shown them their way back home: to themselves, to Good, the True, Beauty. It is Coldplay, and the “Head Full of Dreams” tour lets the fans surge, because it's located under the headline that's usually reserved for bands from the calibre of the Rolling Stones: Go see them, as long as they still exist. Chris Martin compared the seventh album of the band to the last Harry Potter book and therefore, not for the first time, triggered dark speculation about the future of Coldplay ...

But all that is blown away by the first sounds, Chris Martin has a German flag hanging in his waistband, as in Barcelona where he was flying over the stage with a Spanish flag. On Schalke though he praises the German desire to sing- even though these songs are basically made of refrain and with which they have sold over 60 million albums, they don't resist vehemently against the desire to be sung along en-masse.

At the end Chris Martin will praise: „We're coming to Germany for 16 years, but this time it's the best!“ Martin also introduces the man in the green pants, as if anyone in the arena wouldn't know that Jonny Buckland is playing the guitar in Coldplay. Martin, from time to time swaying, jumping, running across the stage with a sticker covered travel-guitar like a hippie child, seems like a lanky student that has accidentally ended up on the great rock-stage. He embodies, with even 39 years old, the dream of eternal youth, that's not made of unlined-ness but disposition, a question of mentality, of Spirit. Which sparks plenty this night. Even though halogen thunderstorms, laser-weaves, stroboscopic flashes:

For the usual gigantomaniac lightshow far more watts are fired into the arena than for volume. Even brighter on this evening are the people beaming in the 55 000 standing places - on the seats it doesn't keep the people down for too long. "A great family," Martin says eventually, but no one here feels like the parents. For that there is too much kids birthday and party in the air, not only since at the end hundreds of smartie coloured large balloons float into the audience, rising up and falling down as play things. For "Hymn For The Weekend" flames, high as a house, shoot up and dance ballet, one more time the air is full of confetti shreds. "The Scientist", "Magic", "Viva la vida", "Kaleidoscope" - hardly a hit is skipped. Definite emotional highlight of the evening is the moment when they sing in memory of their pioneer David Bowie "Heroes", as if it were a Coldplay song. And then, when during "Sky Full of Stars" in the encore-part the well-known wristbands glitter-flicker-sparkle, the cheers and applause storms are deafening. Hard to imagine that they can still top the next time. If there is a next time ....

• Like 9

Guest diogo_sg
Jesus CHRIST this text was a pain to translate :dead: Here's the WAZ Newspaper in English:

Singer, guitarist, keys-man and big child: Coldplay-head Chris Martin in front of 55 000 fans at the Arena on Schalke.

So big, so colorful, so beautiful

Hardly increasable: Coldplay conquered the Schalke Arena with Watt and heart by storm. And bows to David Bowie with"Heroes"

Gelsenkirchen.

If the third song of the evening is already bringing dense confetti showers and the first fireworks are starting in the arena-sky, the question comes up: How are they're going to keep this momentum going until the end? Perhaps even increase? Nearly two hours later, these worries will be scattered like so many others. A little dazed, like after happiness-bubbling party rush, 55 000 people are floating from the Schalke Arena homewards. And four mature boys from UK have them shown their way back home: to themselves, to Good, the True, Beauty.It is Coldplay, and the “Head Full of Dreams” tour lets the fans surge, because it's located under the headline that's usually reserved for bands from the calibre of the Rolling Stones: Go see them, as long as they still exists. Chris Martin compared the seventh album of the band to the last Harry Potter book and therefore, not for the first time, triggered dark speculation about the future of Coldplay ...

But all that is blown away by the first sounds, Chris Martin has a German flag hanging in his waistband, as in Barcelona where he was flying over the stage with a Spanish flag. On Schalke though he praises the German desire to sing- even though these songs are basically made of refrain and with which they have sold over 60 million albums, they don't resist vehemently against the desire to be sung along en-masse.

At the end Chris Martin will praise: „We're coming to Germany for 16 years, but this time it's the best!“ Martin also introduces the man in the green pants, as if anyone in the arena wouldn't know that Jonny Buckland is playing the guitar in Coldplay. Martin, from time to time swaying, jumping, running across the stage with a sticker covered travel-guitar like a hippie child, seems like a lanky student that has accidentally ended up on the great rock-stage. He embodies, with even 39 years old, the dream of eternal youth, that's not made of unlined-ness but disposition, a question of mentality, of Spirit. Which sparks plenty this night. Even though halogen thunderstorms, laser-weaves, stroboscopic flashes:

For the usual gigantomaniac lightshow far more watts are fired into the arena than for volume. Even brighter on this evening are the people beaming in the 55 000 standing places - on the seats it doesn't keep the people down for too long. "A great family," Martin says eventually, but no one here feels like the parents. For that there is too much kids birthday and party in the air, not only since at the end hundreds of smartie coloured large balloons float into the audience, rising up and falling down as play things. For "Hymn For The Weekend" flames, high as a house, shoot up and dance ballet, one more time the air is full of confetti shreds. "The Scientist", "Magic", "Viva la vida", "Kaleidoscope" - hardly a hit is skipped. Definite emotional highlight of the evening is the moment when they sing in memory of their pioneer David Bowie "Heroes", as if it were a Coldplay song. And then, when during "Sky Full of Stars in addition part" in the encore-part the well-known wristbands glitter-flicker-sparkle, the cheers and applause storms are deafening. Hard to imagine that they can still top the next time. If there is a next time ....

Great read. Thank you so so much for translating! You're amazing [emoji1]

PS: it's kind of curious that they define Kaleidoscope as a hit [emoji12]

I've also recorded most of the show. But no, I didn't watch it through that screen - our seats weren't the "best", but right in front of us was the railing. We just put our phones on that railing and could enjoy the whole show without really worrying about our cameras. :)

I recommend watching it on youtube rather than embedded - I added timestamps to every song. :) Enjoy. :)

• Like 12

Great read. Thank you so so much for translating! You're amazing [emoji1]

PS: it's kind of curious that they define Kaleidoscope as a hit [emoji12]

you're welcome!

Yeah I wondered the same... I fear they wrote down the wrong song title! :lol:

Thank you so much for your translation, Batman. The text was indeed difficult - and I only managed the first column before having to do something for a neighbour. And when coming back, I saw your awesome translation. I was relieved, as I have to have lunch and then one hour later I have to go again.

As said before - you are second-to-none (great interview with Coldplay, great reviews and great translations). You're a DIAMOND taking shape.

• Like 4

Thank you so much for your translation, Batman. The text was indeed difficult - and I only managed the first column before having to do something for a neighbour. And when coming back, I saw your awesome translation. I was relieved, as I have to have lunch and then one hour later I have to go again.

As said before - you are second-to-none (great interview with Coldplay, great reviews and great translations). You're a DIAMOND taking shape.

tumblr_m6vdy9HYwQ1r3zat8.gif

t-thank :bigcry:

• Like 1

I've also recorded most of the show. But no, I didn't watch it through that screen - our seats weren't the "best", but right in front of us was the railing. We just put our phones on that railing and could enjoy the whole show without really worrying about our cameras. :)

I recommend watching it on youtube rather than embedded - I added timestamps to every song. :) Enjoy. :)

Thank you! Can i ask you with whitch phone you recorded this video? The audio is great!

Thank you! Can i ask you with whitch phone you recorded this video? The audio is great!

Both my friend and I own an iPhone 6s (steady clips = me; clips where you can sometimes see some of the crowd = friend) :)

And indeed, the sound ist pretty good - I tried to enhance the sound (little bit more bass etc.) but in the end I didn't want to spoil anything - despite that my enhancements did resolve in overdrive or other things that would have made the quality worse. :o

• Like 1