✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-06-01] Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Germany

stephen

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, In My Place.

Except AROBTTH, so far their selection of the requested songs has been too much of a "comfort zone"-choice.

At this point, im missing some real surprises like the often mentioned Gravity or I Ran Away.

But hey, no offense, just my point of view ;)

AND: Why the hell they dont bring back Politik into their set? Is it too much of a "serious" song to be played in a basically happy show ?!

I agree with you on the comfort zone choices, but then again, maybe we just want too much? They have played songs like The Hardest Part (full band), A Message and A Rush Of Blood To The Head as requests. And songs like See You Soon and Don't Panic seem to appear on a more regular basis. Although I would love for songs like Life In Technicolor ii, I Ran Away, One I Love, Strawberry Swing etc. But too much out of their comfort zone perhaps...

I'm ded

It was amazing though. LiJ was an epic surprise. My friend got an "Air " Kiss from Chris (how the Frick is this called in English LMAO), I touched Jonny's fingertip aaand BUCKIN happened. Will tell more tomorrow when I'm less dead

• Like 8

So Cheetaz, how long did they play,more than two hours?

How was the audience compared to others you might have seen before?

I would say close to 2 hours if not exactly 2 hours. Gig ended at 11:07.

Audience was probably pretty basic, nothing special, nice singalongs where they belong.

This was only my 2. stadium show and the first one was 4 years ago. So i don't have anything to compare it to.

Sent via Tapatalk

anyone knows what truly happened with the piano?

Not sure. I think even Chris and the tech guys weren't sure about what the problem is.

It all sounded normal to me until Chris stopped and said something wasn't working.

Sent via Tapatalk

• Like 1

They played longer than I had expected them to. And yes, they played Amazing Day, Don't panic and the requested song was in my place. Did not understand that choice as the request video was...let me say not good. No offense to the guy, but...:eek:

When the piano did not work, Chris told the soccer joke, then they played LIJ first and when they had exchanged the piano (poor stressed roadies!) went back to Everglow.

And to the C-stage they walked down the steps at the end of the runway(where we stood:)) and through a cordoned off corridor through the audience.

• Like 2

I think even Chris and the tech guys weren't sure about what the problem is. It all sounded normal to me until Chris stopped and said something wasn't working.

oh I thought it was something physically broken, pedals and such.... probably was something electrical, plugs or cables

I'm glad it did happen cause they played Lovers in Japan while it was being fixed!

u all were so lucky, this was the 1st concert in a long time with 2 Viva songs :omgomg:

hoping to see them doing this more often

*for those who do not know the soccer joke:

"What did the manager do when England won the World cup? -Switched off the playstation."

LMAO :laugh4:

maybe we just want too muc

Yes and no, I think. I love the request feature, but I do wish they'd at least mix it up with non-acoustic renditions. Some songs just wouldn't work as acoustic and others would be just amazing to hear as a full band again. (Like with See You Soon the other day.)

• Like 1

So they played LiJ because the piano broke but the song was on the printed setlist? hmm...

They played longer than I had expected them to. And yes, they played Amazing Day, Don't panic and the requested song was in my place. Did not understand that choice as the request video was...let me say not good. No offense to the guy, but...:eek:

I have a theory that they just play whatever they feel like as the request song and pick a random instagram video with the song requested

• Like 1

So they played LiJ because the piano broke but the song was on the printed setlist?

No, Chris broke off Everglow and after it became clear that it was nothing that could be fixed quickly he said, ok then let's play the next song first- which was LiJ.

Don't Panic is missing on the setlist, but it was the first song on the C-stage.

• Like 3

No, Chris broke off Everglow and after it became clear that it was nothing that could be fixed quickly he said, ok then let's play the next song first- which was LiJ.

Don't Panic is missing on the setlist, but it was the first song on the C-stage.

At don't panic, C did the typical stop when J starts to sing?