✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-05-24] Stade Charles-Ehrmann, Nice, France

stephen

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only asked whether he was ill because I saw on twitter someone say that he was ill. I thought I'd ask here because some of the people here might have better knowledge. Cant I comment in the setlist party as it goes along? It was just my reaction to the show as it was happening. Whether his voice was good is entirely subjective.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Coldplaying mobile app

if you were in the

stadium the show was incredible. later with calmed mind you can say that south american shows were more equlibrated en bwtter. too much mx and ahfod yesterday. i loved the acoustic version of ink... was amazing. i got setlist and i can say that were two printed setlist the one that played and other that had printed see you soon (not played) between UAGTW and Amazing Grace. i got two of the first and a little girl next to me got the second one. hope they can play it soon. great show as always166ac75c5247151ea37661b25a93e73e.jpg

Sent from my X5 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 5

Are you not forgetting the sole purpose of the tour is for the new songs? Stop living in the past,they obviously enjoy playing the new ones right now

As I Ran Away asks, why does Coldplay try so hard to "eclipse the grandeur" of their earlier years?

I think that's a relevant question.

• Like 1

Setlist:

01.A Head Full of Dreams

02.Yellow

03.Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall

04.The Scientist

05.Birds

06.Paradise

B-stage:

07.Everglow

08.Magic

09.Army of One

A-stage:

10.Clocks

11.Midnight

12.Charlie Brown

13.Hymn for the Weekend

14.Fix You

15."Heroes" (David Bowie cover)

16.Viva la Vida

17.Adventure of a Lifetime

C-stage:

18.Kaleidoscope (extended)

19.Ink

20.Us Against the World

A-stage:

21.Amazing Day

22.A Sky Full of Stars

23.Up&Up

• Like 2

As I Ran Away asks, why does Coldplay try so hard to "eclipse the grandeur" of their earlier years?

I think that's a relevant question.

honestly, i'm getting pretty tired of this 'superiority' complex of the fans (fgs). it's their work. it's them playing it. as many artists have said before, do you think they will keep releasing music if they thought the new music was the poor man's choice of earlier music? (of course, it may not be true to the fans' thinking). artists create and obviously they want to celebrate their latest work. fans may live in the past (i think this is a valid point) and hang on to favorite eras (i definitely do), but obviously an artist still creating and evolving does not. if they are, i would question the authenticity and motives behind new work.

and the setlist being too heavy on ahfod is a moot point, with this being ahfod tour.

• Like 3

if you were in the

stadium the show was incredible. later with calmed mind you can say that south american shows were more equlibrated en bwtter. too much mx and ahfod yesterday. i loved the acoustic version of ink... was amazing. i got setlist and i can say that were two printed setlist the one that played and other that had printed see you soon (not played) between UAGTW and Amazing Grace. i got two of the first and a little girl next to me got the second one. hope they can play it soon. great show as always166ac75c5247151ea37661b25a93e73e.jpg

Sent from my X5 using Coldplaying mobile app

Nice! How did u get the white xylo, they work with the new ones?

Those were from South American gigs and that one in Miami (i guess)

Nice! How did u get the white xylo, they work with the new ones?

Those were from South American gigs and that one in Miami (i guess)

hi, yeah from south american gigs, all my friends got one, i think they have a lot of them yet. Was a random picking. Maybe you also can get one of this.

hi, yeah from south american gigs, all my friends got one, i think they have a lot of them yet. Was a random picking. Maybe you also can get one of this.

so ur saying they are distributing both xylos? :shocked2:

interesting, seems like they wanna get rid of the old ones

honestly, i'm getting pretty tired of this 'superiority' complex of the fans (fgs). it's their work. it's them playing it. as many artists have said before, do you think they will keep releasing music if they thought the new music was the poor man's choice of earlier music? (of course, it may not be true to the fans' thinking). artists create and obviously they want to celebrate their latest work. fans may live in the past (i think this is a valid point) and hang on to favorite eras (i definitely do), but obviously an artist still creating and evolving does not. if they are, i would question the authenticity and motives behind new work.

and the setlist being too heavy on ahfod is a moot point, with this being ahfod tour.

See, now that's where you're mistaken. I personally think such favoritism is narrow-minded, so that's not where I'm coming from. I've been listening to Coldplay for over a decade yet some of my favourite ever songs can be found on AHFOD, in fact. Fans pay a lot of money for tickets, so I think they're entitled to want to see the band play quality shows that surpass previous tours rather than a showy orchestration of hits.

• Like 1

See, now that's where you're mistaken. I personally think such favoritism is narrow-minded, so that's not where I'm coming from. I've been listening to Coldplay for over a decade yet some of my favourite ever songs can be found on AHFOD, in fact. Fans pay a lot of money for tickets, so I think they're entitled to want to see the band play quality shows that surpass previous tours rather than a showy orchestration of hits.

That's completely different to asking them to play older songs. That's a whole different topic. And again, most of the concert goers are looking for the hits. Not deep cuts. By that estimation, the band is playing to the audience.

That said, I agree with you about relying too much on bells and whistles. Some sections make you wonder where the organic band went.

• Like 1