✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-05-24] Stade Charles-Ehrmann, Nice, France

stephen

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just that. I genuinely think the set is a bit lacklustre. It's just too orchestrated.

The best thing about the MX tour (especially the 2011 shows) was that they had a great balance between orchestration / fanfare and actually playing as a band. For the most part, I'm not feeling the latter right now. Seriously, if I want to hear Hymn For The Weekend I'll listen to the record. I'm not that bothered about seeing that kind of fanfare frenzy live. IMHO, it's time the band actually start playing the songs that got them where they are. I.e., the fan favourites. Trouble, Talk, Daylight, GPASUYF, ETNL, et al. Long overdue.

Are you not forgetting the sole purpose of the tour is for the new songs? Stop living in the past,they obviously enjoy playing the new ones right now

• Like 1

I remember seeing that in Maracanã's concert too :thinking:

I can't believe I missed that. I went to two concerts in Mexico City and I didn't payed attention to the sides of the stage. I've just watched a video on YouTube from those days and I saw there was fire too.

I can't believe I missed that. I went to two concerts in Mexico City and I didn't payed attention to the sides of the stage. I've just watched a video on YouTube from those days and I saw there was fire too.

LOL I know, Coldplay's concerts can be so overwhelming.

at Rock In Rio 2011, I didn't notice Chris falling, it was hilarious :awesome:

u can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=SU1HrTOzcnk;m=2;s=1

• Like 1

LOL I know, Coldplay's concerts can be so overwhelming.

at Rock In Rio 2011, I didn't notice Chris falling, it was hilarious :awesome:

u can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=X0DAzVQLxYM;m=7;s=15

I've seen it before and it's so funny :D

Yes, Coldplay concerts are full of energy that we might missed some things but at the same time we have great new memories :)

• Like 1

i'm one of those people who really want to see more of the deep cuts being played. but you have to admit, since probably viva, coldplay are actually playing very rarely played songs. also, coldplay are the ones who have to play these songs, and they are the ones who may have weird relationships with these songs. they have said how certain songs/albums they don't like (playing) much because they relate more negative things to them.

and the portion of people who really are yearning for these songs is very little when it comes down to it. the south/central american crowds were the exception. but at least here in america, people wouldn't even know violet hill, let alone some obscure song. looks like the european crowds may not be a lot better going by the calmer crowd today. these are mostly casual listeners. and the band is playing the show for the whole spectrum.

i'm saying that this tour has better variety already than it was in the mx written-in-stone playlist. at least we have that. but they really should include some rockier songs! just the band rocking out, without any backing tracks.

what i am more interested in, is the playlist at glasto. they always deliver there. and they have always favored the older songs there. anyway, we can look forward to a relatively new setlist (i hope). that's the norm anyway.

• Like 2

that's why GPASUYF and IMP need to come back

don't care much for IMP. GPASUYF, violet hill and/or politik would be great. major minus is a great song too. but more backing tracks there.

• Like 1

...but, but...the true fans, those who made Coldplay what they are... :-/

pretty sure a lot fell by the wayside. longevity by changing one's sound is a double-edged sword.

don't care much for IMP. GPASUYF, violet hill and/or politik would be great. major minus is a great song too. but more backing tracks there.

Major Minus is great but it should stay in MXtour, Violet Hill was overplayed during the years but it might come back later the tour (maybe Asian leg)... Another rockier song that would be nice hearing again is Lovers In Japan

Major Minus is great but it should stay in MXtour, Violet Hill was overplayed during the years but it might come back later the tour (maybe Asian leg)... Another rockier song that would be nice hearing again is Lovers In Japan

not necessarily rocky, but that would be nice to hear :) what i'd LOVE to hear is glass of water! that is one magnificent song!

• Like 1

I agree with what someone said about european and north american concerts being filled with mostly casual listeners of the band. I mean, it's a stadium show after all. That's why I don't think they're gonna change the setlist so much from now on.

To me, it seems like they're saving One I Love for Glasto. Last time there they did Shiver and Everything's Not Lost after a very long absence.

Uh oh, why do these commente ALWAYS need to have this tone

Because it's annoying how many annoyed Coldplay fans there are now. Yes,I love politiks,God put a smile,violet hill etc more than the new songs but people need to accept that this tour isn't going to feature a lot of classics, they've had over 700 shows with them... it's not always going to remain the same.

If I went to this show and someone asked me how it was, I'd say it was a nice show

I didn't look back in depth on the posts, so I don't know if someone already posted this nice pun

I see you made a Nice joke there :D

• Like 1