✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up&Up - Lyrics Decryption

jc90

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this sounds plausible. holy random batman!

Fixing up a car to drive in it again, Searching for the water, hoping for the rain, up and up, up and up

Down upon a canvas, working with a wheel waiting on a chance to pick your orange peel up and up up and up

See a performer, Diamond in the rough, see a bird soaring high above the flood its in your blood its in your blood

Underneath the storm an umbrella is saying, sitting with the poison takes away the pain up and up up and up

We’re gonna get it, get it together, I know we’re gonna get it, get it together somehow, We’re gonna get it, get it together and flower, oooh

We’re gonna get it, get it together I know, we’re gonna get it, get it together and flow

We’re gonna get it, get it together and oh up & up & up

Drowning in the study emptying the moon, trying to empty out the ocean with a spoon, up and up, up and up

How can people suffer how can people part, how can people struggle how can people break your heart, break your heart

Yes I wanna know show me how to feel Yes I wanna know show me how to heal it up, heal it up

I’m trying to see the forest staring at every seed, angels in the marble waiting to be freed, just need love, just need love when the going is rough saying

(Chorus)

We’re gonna get it, get it together, I know we’re gonna get it, get it together somehow, We’re gonna get it, get it together and flower, oooh

We’re gonna get it, get it together, I know we’re gonna get it, get it together and flow

We’re gonna get it, get it together and oh up

Cause you can say what is, power through it, close your mind, clench your fist, you can change minds, take the risk, or see each soul like happiness

(Solo)

We’re gonna get it, get it together, I know we’re gonna get it, get it together somehow,

We’re gonna get it, get it together and flower, oooh

We’re gonna get it, get it together I know, we’re gonna get it, get it together and flow

We’re gonna get it, get it together and oh up & up

Fixing up a car to drive in it again when you’re in pain when you think you’ve had enough, don’t ever give up, believe in love

x

this sounds plausible. holy random batman!

:

Quote:Fixing up a car to drive in it again, Searching for the water, hoping for the rain, up and up, up and up

Down upon a canvas, working with a wheel waiting on a chance to pick your orange peel up and up up and up

See a performer, Diamond in the rough, see a bird soaring high above the flood its in your blood its in your blood

Underneath the storm an umbrella is saying, sitting with the poison takes away the pain up and up up and up

Drowning in the study emptying the moon, trying to empty out the ocean with a spoon, up and up, up and up

How can people suffer how can people part, how can people struggle how can people break your heart, break your heart

Yes I wanna know show me how to feel Yes I wanna know show me how to heal it up, heal it up

I’m trying to see the forest staring at every seed, angels in the marble waiting to be freed, just need love, just need love when the going is rough saying

(Chorus)

We’re gonna get it, get it together, I know we’re gonna get it, get it together and flow

We’re gonna get it, get it together and oh up

Cause you can say what is, power through it, close your mind, clench your fist, you can change minds, take the risk, or see each soul like happiness

(Solo)

We’re gonna get it, get it together, I know we’re gonna get it, get it together somehow,

We’re gonna get it, get it together and flower, oooh

We’re gonna get it, get it together and oh up & up

Fixing up a car to drive in it again when you’re in pain when you think you’ve had enough, don’t ever give up, believe in love

x

This sounds definitely less awkward than the first guesses.

Some more incremental changes: bolded parts are the most tough ones imo.

Fixing up a car and driving it again

Searching for the water, hoping for the rain

Up & Up

Up & Up

Down upon a canvas working in a mill

Waiting for a chance to pick your orange field

Up & Up

Up & Up

See your bird form a diamond in a rough

See your bird soaring high above the flood

It's in your blood

It's in your blood

Underneath the storm, an umbrella is sane

Sitting with the poison takes away the pain

Up & Up

Up & Up

We're saying...

We're going to get it, get it together

I know we're going to get it, get it together somehow

We're going get it together and flower

I know we're going to get it, get it together and flow

We're going get it together and oh

and Up & Up & Up

Drama in the study

Emptying the moon

Trying to empty out the ocean with a spoon

Up & Up

Up & Up

How can people suffer?

How can people part?

How can people struggle?

How can people break your heart?

Break your heart?

Yes I want to know

Show me how to feel

Yes I want to know

Show me how to heal it up

I'll heal it up

Trying to see the forest, live in every sea

Angels in the marble waiting to be freed

Just need love

Just need love

When the going gets rough singing

We're going get it, get it together and flower

We're going get it, get it together

Up & Up & Up

She can say what is

happening

Close your mind

unclench your fist

You can say its my

happiness

See the sun light out your day

and Up & Up & Up

and Up & Up & Up

Ohhhhh

Ohhhhh

Ohhhhh

Ohhhhh

Fixing up a car and driving it again

When you are in pain

When you think you had enough

Don't ever give up

Don't ever give up

Just believe in love

Can you please explain this metaphor I don't really get it haha... ^^

Well, there's a couple of lines that stood out for me in this "metaphor," and they all have to do with the creation or repairing of something. "Fixing up a car..." "Down upon a canvas, working for a meal" "See your bird form, a diamond in the rough" "Angels in the marble..." etc.

To me, the lyrical progression of the song sounds like an artist of some sort struggling to make their art known or make their way in the world. They're struggling, but they're hopeful (the "up & up" part). They go through all these processes and nothing seems to be working. Then inspiration strikes (beginning with "How can people suffer...") and everything starts rolling. It's a direct lead-in to the chorus and everything just keeps building as this "inspiration" continue to grow and change their lives and their work. You can see the influence of everything they have ever done coming through in the big choir singalong as everything continues to get bigger and better for them. Finally, at the end of all this, the return to the original stanza symbolizes that this artist never forgot where they came from, and that original influence will continue to play a big part in their life, wherever it may lead. Kinda symbolic of Coldplay's journey :awesome:

Disclaimer: I've listened to this song a grand total of 1 time so you all can think I'm totally nuts if you want to :lol:

Well, there's a couple of lines that stood out for me in this "metaphor," and they all have to do with the creation or repairing of something. "Fixing up a car..." "Down upon a canvas, working for a meal" "See your bird form, a diamond in the rough" "Angels in the marble..." etc.

To me, the lyrical progression of the song sounds like an artist of some sort struggling to make their art known or make their way in the world. They're struggling, but they're hopeful (the "up & up" part). They go through all these processes and nothing seems to be working. Then inspiration strikes (beginning with "How can people suffer...") and everything starts rolling. It's a direct lead-in to the chorus and everything just keeps building as this "inspiration" continue to grow and change their lives and their work. You can see the influence of everything they have ever done coming through in the big choir singalong as everything continues to get bigger and better for them. Finally, at the end of all this, the return to the original stanza symbolizes that this artist never forgot where they came from, and that original influence will continue to play a big part in their life, wherever it may lead. Kinda symbolic of Coldplay's journey :awesome:

Disclaimer: I've listened to this song a grand total of 1 time so you all can think I'm totally nuts if you want to :lol:

Wow interesting interpretation! I definitely think it must be more than random lyrics thrown together, and your explanation makes sense!!

This song reminds me of this Italian I heard somewhere (prolly from my dad playing it on the piano) who's lyrics basically describes a bunch of people's lives (a singer, a fisherman etc) and finishes in the end saying 'what a fantastic story life is'. Personally that songs melody isn't the best but the lyrics kinda remind me of this.

:surprised:

wow that's beautiful...

wAIT

you managed to get an emotion out of me DAMN YOU :angry:

Wow interesting interpretation! I definitely think it must be more than random lyrics thrown together, and your explanation makes sense!!

This song reminds me of this Italian I heard somewhere (prolly from my dad playing it on the piano) who's lyrics basically describes a bunch of people's lives (a singer, a fisherman etc) and finishes in the end saying 'what a fantastic story life is'. Personally that songs melody isn't the best but the lyrics kinda remind me of this.

Antonello Venditti - Che Fantastica Storia è La Vita

I didn't expect him to be popular outside Italy :lol:

:clap: