✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-02] Chris Martin carpool karaoke with James Corden

gai

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be the best one and that's not being biased :P Chris is a funny dude and much of world does not know that (yet) ;)

The carpool feature is getting a lot of exposure lately. I even watched the Justin Bieber one the other week and I actually liked it :/

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin to appear on James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke'

coldplay-02.jpg?itok=7DXF68dT

The Late Late Show With James Corden

Posted January 21 2016 — 7:44 PM EST

What is the speed of sound? It’s

by Coldplay — and, of course, whatever a carpool lane will allow.

Chris Martin will be the next passenger in James Corden’s car in the upcoming “Carpool Karaoke,” EW has learned exclusively.

The Coldplay frontman will appear in a road-trip themed installment of the viral bit from CBS’ The Late Late Show with James Corden.

“It’s more of a road trip than it is a Carpool in many ways,” Corden tells EW. “I’m such a fan of his. I’m a fan of that band — they mean the world to me. It was very funny. He brought a keyboard over, and it involved an overnight stay. It was fun.”

Late Late Show executive producer Ben Winston also dropped a few hints about the installment, which relates to Coldplay performing during theSuper Bowl 50 halftime show on Feb. 7. “Usually James gets a lift to work, but this time we thought because Chris was playing the Super Bowl halftime, he was actually in need of a lift this time.”

He also noted that during the drive, the duo paid musical respects to pioneering art rocker David Bowie, who passed away last week. “We did a really beautiful tribute to David Bowie,” he says, “and that was really lovely.”

The most recent ride, which featured Adele singing such hits as her own “Hello” and the Spice Girls’ “Wannabe,” has already tallied almost 50 million YouTube views since its Jan. 13 debut. Previous passengers grabbing a ride with Corden and singing their hits (and unexpected covers) include Mariah Carey, Justin Bieber, Stevie Wonder, and One Direction.

ew

• Like 4