✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-03-14] Coldplay live at the Today Show

gai

Coldplay's coming back to TODAY: Get the date for their concert on the plaza

The Grammy-winning group is crossing the pond to perform their hits live on the TODAY Plaza on March 14 as part of our Citi Concert Series.

RELATED: Super Bowl 50 halftime: Coldplay, Beyoncé, Bruno Mars pay tribute to show history

It's been five years since Coldplay's last concert on TODAY, so we're counting down the days!

Excited? Join in on the Coldplay fun using using the hashtag #ColdplayTODAY.

Get more information about this concert and future ones, here.

2016-01-29T13-19-45-066Z--1280x720.today-inline-vid-featured-desktop.jpg

today

• Like 2

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can try to get tickets thru the Today Show. if you do not have tickets ppl are lined up the night before and even with tickets we got there at 4 am the first year they played to get a good spot. It is all GA but broken up into sections

March is cold ppl, dress warmly and pray it does not rain

EDIT and once you are in you cannot leave your spot

• Like 1

OMG, Coldplay coming to NYC ???!!!

I just applied for a fan pass ! It would be a dream come true if this worked out. I have two questions, for people like @Christa42 who know more about this than me:

- It says only for legal US residents. Does that mean I can't go if I am in the US on a visa ? Do I have to be American Citizen ? Or does it just mean you have to be in the US on a legal basis ?

- I'm from MA, and going to NYC (by bus) would be a big thing for me. Is is worth going there even if I don't get a fan pass and trying to line up ? Or are events like these so overbooked that I will in all likelihood be turned away if I have no ticket ?

I do not know but you should call about the legal status information, If you do not have a pass they will be lining up the night before, we saw them with our very eyes sleeping on the streets, very dedicated fans. There is only so much room on the plaza, I do not want to discourage you in not going but it would be best to have a fan pass and then if you do you should get there by 4-5 am.

RSVP to get the inside scoop on how you can be part of the show.

A limited number of Fan Passes are available by advanced request via a digital lottery system. Guests who receive the Fan Pass will be notified by email about one week prior to the scheduled concert date.

Each Fan Pass is valid for 2 guests. Please note that admission is not guaranteed unless guests follow all Fan Pass instructions and arrive to check in by 6 a.m.

Passes are non-transferrable. ID is required at check-in.

If you do not receive a Fan Pass, you can still join the general admission line on 48th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue on the morning of the concert.

More info here.

So fellow Coldplayers, I'm gonna do a similar thing as with Global Citizen:

I applied for a fan pass and if I get one, I will invite a fellow Coldplayer from Coldplaying to join me for the second spot !! (Only condition: Be there to line up early!)

Vice versa, if you are a Coldplayer who wins a fan pass but doesn't know who to go with, I'd be happy if you invite me along for the second spot.

Let me know if you are interested in this !

Sooo... has anyone done the Today show with a fan pass before? I went to the Today show many years ago without a pass and I was pretty freakin' far back in the crowd. My understanding is that there is a pit in front of the stage where the camera crew works. Then there is the VIP section. Then there is a "radio pass" area. Then there is the fan pass area. Then the rest of the hoi polloi who get to watch from Pluto.

I just received notification in an e-mail that I have won a fan pass!

I didn't win anything yet either…dammit…I was hoping to go up from Philly to see it, but if I get up there early and still can't get in it's gonna piss me off. :furious3: Then again if i'm lucky enough to get it in it would be a nice adventure.:clap: Dammit, what to do. what to do

• Like 2

On the Today show this morning, they said the CP crowd could get combined with spring breakers, which will make it even crazier. Just a warning.... :wtf:

I'll be cheering for you guys if you decide to go for it. I'm just glad I don't have to make that decision for myself I'm too many states west of there to go. Hoping to live vicariously through you!

I'm super excited to be traveling up from DC to see Coldplay @ The Today Show. I was lucky enough to have seen them on the plaza back in 2008. The best part of the morning was watching the rehearsal. Here's some video from that morning. I would love to meet up with some fellow coldplayers.

• Like 4