✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is still in production. [emoji1]

And I'm afraid it is for very limited people only.

I know, I know,....but who knows maybe in 10 years we will be the biggest band on the planet and this will have been our precious Safety EP lol :P

• Like 1

This is a draft for the letter in the box that @Nie will bring to the Bakery soon ! Pleaseread it and let me know what you would like to change :)

Dear Chris, Jonny, Guy, Will and Phil,

Thank you for opening our letter/box ! We are a group of Coldplay fans who love the song I Ran Away and have made a music video to show our love for the song as well as hope it will one day be performed live.

Coldplayers from all over the world have come together through the power of the internet and more specifically the Coldplaying forums to create this cover of I Ran Away. Everyone recorded his/her own vocals at home and then sent them over the internet to create an entity that is bigger than the sum of its parts. The vocals, the artworks displayed in the video and the brochure as well as the video itself were made with lots of love by ten members of Coldplaying spread out over four different continents, and the petition has been signed by more than 30 members of Coldplaying around the world.

We hope you have few minutes to watch the video (enclosed on a DVD) and look through the brochure, and most importantly we hope you enjoy it !

We love the song I Ran Away a lot and believe it is among your greatest masterpieces ! Unfortunately, it has never been performed live yet. So we would be more than thrilled if you could perform I Ran Away live for the first time ever during the A Head Full Of Dreams Tour !

We wish to emphasize that this is not an Instagram request video like the ones people send in for particular shows. We are a large group of people and we are not asking you to perform the song during a specific show, but rather we want to ask you to consider putting this song in your setlist some time whenever you like during the A Head Full Of Dreams Tour, possibly starting during the European and North American Tour Leg.

Thanks for watching the video and we wish you an amazing tour !

Love,

The I Ran Away Project

(@Nie - the video is currently uploading, but since the file is so big it takes many hours, so hopefully it will come soon !)

• Like 7

Finally have some time to log in. (dealing with travel shenanigans for Saturday :uneasy:)

The text is basically ok, just the 1st lines are a bit strange sounding to me.

I have shifted around some words and put some commas here and there to make it easier to read.

----------

Dear Chris, Jonny, Guy, Will and Phil,

Thank you for opening our letter/box ! We are a group of Coldplay fans who love the song "I Ran Away" very much. To show our love, we have made a music video and we hope that one day the song will be performed live.

Coldplayers from all over the world have come together through the power of the internet, more specifically the Coldplaying forums, to create this cover of "I Ran Away". Everyone recorded his/her own vocals at home and then sent them over the internet to create an entity that is bigger than the sum of its parts. The vocals, the artworks displayed in the video and in the brochure as well as the video itself, were made with lots of love by ten members of Coldplaying who live spread out over four different continents. The petition has been signed by more than 30 members of Coldplaying from around the world.

We hope you have a few minutes to watch the video (enclosed on a DVD) and look through the brochure, but most importantly we hope you enjoy it !

We love the song "I Ran Away" a lot and believe it is amongst your greatest masterpieces ! Unfortunately, it yet has never been performed live. So we would be more than thrilled if you could give "I Ran Away" its live première during the A Head Full Of Dreams Tour !

We wish to emphasize that this is not an Instagram request video like the ones people send in for particular shows. We are a large group of people and we are not asking you to perform the song during a specific show, but we'd rather want to ask you to consider to put this song in your setlist at some time - whenever you like - during the A Head Full Of Dreams Tour, possibly starting during the European and North American Tour Leg.

Thanks for reading this letter, browsing through the brochure and watching the video.

We wish you an amazing tour !

Love,

The I Ran Away Project

-------------

Now, this is my Flemish English so I hope I didn't make any mistakes.

• Like 3

Ok, I will take the 2 versions with me to print out at work.

People have some time to give their preference. I'm going to put the letter of preference in the box tomorrow evening.

If there are still errors in it, please let me know, I will check over here before I print it.

Have to go to bed now, because I'm exhausted.

Tomorrow it's my last day at work and people are starting to realise I'm gonna be away for a week.

Last minute jobs all around. pffft

• Like 2