✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Why don't you guys try to request the song on instagram for future shows. They have made it clear that they are only taking requests on instagram and have strict rules for it.

Why don't you guys try to request the song on instagram for future shows. They have made it clear that they are only taking requests on instagram and have strict rules for it.

Because this idea is completely independent of the request feature of Coldplay's AHFOD Tour. The idea behind this project is to ask Coldplay to think about pulling out an as yet unperformed B-side and bring it to the light.

Everybody is free to request or not request I Ran Away in her/his personal Instagram video, the two things have nothing to do with each other. To put it more clearly, if Coldplay did not have the request feature at all in this tour, this project would still be pursued.

You may argue it is a long shot. We all know it is, but until either the AHFOD tour ends or Coldplay tells us 'No', there is no harm in (moderately) following the old principle from Speed of Sound and Fix You "if you never try then you'll never know".

Great idea ! How about a letter with screenshots from the video, the link and a short text about what we want (and the list of people who signed it)

Could someone put that together ?

Yes! I have screenshot software.

Can we post the artwork in the Gallery on the Coldplay site?

I don't think that is a good idea. It isn't related to one of the concerts (yet).

We'd better play by the rules.

Keep on tweeting and posting on Instagram. Are you following us already? [emoji3]

I'm working on a request video for it. But I'm having trouble to put it all in 15 secs.

If I manage I will consider to send it in, depends on how horrible I look and sound. [emoji1]

Yesterday our video had less than 500 views.

Today I checked back and nearly fell off my chair when I saw that we now have over 1900 views, 578 likes and more than 100 comments !!!

With many comments being in German, the reason was quickly found: @Mafuyu, a German YouTuber with a large fan community, had asked his fans during a livestream of a computer gameplay to watch and like this video (I dug up the stream and watched that part, so I know you wanted your fans not to post any comments that make us realize where the clicks came from, but since many posted anyway and I thought people here are gonna realize the video has been promoted somehow with this large overnight difference in clicks and many comments in German, I decided to talk about it here :))

Thank you very much for your great support, @Mafuyu ! You were right in that it certainly makes us very happy, and of course more clicks also increases the chance that one day the band might get to notice the video :D

• Like 7

I have been trying to put something together for the song requests but I have to give up the idea. [emoji53]

Things got really crazy at work and will be for another 1,5 week. They are realising that I'll be out for a week and of course want extra things to be done by then. [emoji48] I also have to find some time to plan my trip to London and Amsterdam.

So there isn't much time left and I want to spend that on making the "letterbox" that we are going to drop into their mailbox. Should be able to do that if you send me the artwork and prepare the letter.

So i love the idea behind this project. :) I hope you get your attention with more likes/views on this video. :) Good luck and great job. :)

Hey, thanks a lot for helping the creative/talented group here. I wasn't involved with this project but you're helping all of us who want to get this song played live! (Also, you have a very nice bunch of subscribers on YouTube!)

If I have the contents of the letter around 8 June it will be fine. Then I have time again and can print it out and do the other artwork.

Ideas on what to do with the artwork are welcome too.

I can send you the artwork folder pretty soon. Please remind me of I forget (am a lot on mobile these days, but for this i need to be on my compute !

As for the letter, I can draft one when I find some time and then we can all discuss/modify it.

• Like 1

As you may have read Anchorman is asking fans in the Barcelona live blog to write e-mails with their location etc.

Should we maybe try to tell him about the I Ran Away project?

I was about to say the same. I'm at school and I can't send it perhaps someone else can do it