✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The I RAN AWAY Project - Bringing I Ran Away live to the AHFOD Tour 2016 !

I ran away

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the Instagram and Twitter promotion that you people are doing !

By the way, behind the scenes, some of us are currently trying various alternative means to get the message across to the band. We will let you know if any of these are coming to fruition. I just wanted to say that even if things may appear quiet on the surface, we are all trying our best ! :)

• Like 2

Thanks for your efforts!! It is good to see you online here again, I Ran Away!! Idea: Could we try linking up with OXFAM or their volunteers at a show, maybe making some DVDs for them and asking to hand to the crew? I am volunteering at the Chicago show and, if I'm lucky, Detroit. I'm calling the office here today to talk about it. I'll mention the video.

Could we try linking up with OXFAM or their volunteers at a show, maybe making some DVDs for them and asking to hand to the crew?

Thanks for the idea, but if I may speak honestly, I personally don't think we should do that. Here's why: I know we all love our project and want it to succeed, but Oxfam and their volunteers have a much more important message to deliver than we have. In the end we are just asking a band to perform a song, while they are collecting support and awareness for societatl/political issues that concern the entire world like the situation of refugees, and I wouldnt wanna interfere with their cause in any way.

Hope you get the volunteer position for the shows, and of course you can tell individual Coldplay fans at Oxfam about if if you want :)

Hey i'm going to three or four shows at Wembley and i've wanted to make a sign, just don't know what to put on it. So i thought that since I love I Ran Away, and you're doing this project, why not help you guys out by making a sign saying #IRanAwayLive2016 or something like that :D If i manage to get front row (or at least close) on the first three shows and they notice the sign on all three occasions, maybe they'll play it on the fourth one :)

• Like 5

Hey i'm going to three or four shows at Wembley and i've wanted to make a sign, just don't know what to put on it. So i thought that since I love I Ran Away, and you're doing this project, why not help you guys out by making a sign saying #IRanAwayLive2016 or something like that :D If i manage to get front row (or at least close) on the first three shows and they notice the sign on all three occasions, maybe they'll play it on the fourth one :)

Great idea!

Our project sign is the balloon with #IRanAwayLive2016

[ATTACH=full]4718[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

Thanks for the idea, but if I may speak honestly, I personally don't think we should do that. Here's why: I know we all love our project and want it to succeed, but Oxfam and their volunteers have a much more important message to deliver than we have. In the end we are just asking a band to perform a song, while they are collecting support and awareness for societatl/political issues that concern the entire world like the situation of refugees, and I wouldnt wanna interfere with their cause in any way.

Hope you get the volunteer position for the shows, and of course you can tell individual Coldplay fans at Oxfam about if if you want :)

I agree.

I agree with this fully. I have been an Oxfam volunteer (though not at a Coldplay concert) and we did not get meet anyone from the band nor the band's management (except once where one of the band came along quite by chance and chatted to us). All the volunteers were very dedicated to the Oxfam cause and it was really great. But they would be the wrong address for this.

Gretat idea. There will be so many of us there so maybe more posters? I will be there on Thu, Sat, Sun but have no means to make a poster as I will be busy 24/7 till I board the plane to London ;)

Gretat idea. There will be so many of us there so maybe more posters? I will be there on Thu, Sat, Sun but have no means to make a poster as I will be busy 24/7 till I board the plane to London ;)

Well cardboard boxes aren't hard to get hold of here as they've recently moved in, so i can make a few if there's more people who would like one :) If there's several signs down the runway they have to play it :p

• Like 3