✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-04-07] Coldplay wins the Best Band Pop/Rock International at Echo awards

gai

Nice ! :D Wouldn't have thought that ! And I've never seen all the Coldplay kids together.

However, as a German I have to say I am disgusted, not so say ashamed at ECHO's decision to award the extreme-right band Frei.Wild as the best national alternative rock band. This band has been known for their nationalistic and xenophobic lyrics as well as use of Goebbels sayings in their songs.

Surely this would be illegal in Germany?

I recall they publicly said they were not aware that some of the sayings they used were from Goeebels, because they "didn't look through history books before writing their songs". Of course they are not using the most obvious or infamous ones for which you might be pursued, but I've had a look at a couple of their texts after I read about them in the news a few years ago (when there was a big controversy over their nomination for an ECHO, which caused two other artists to pull out of the event back then...) and they quite often sing about their love for German "values" as opposed to foreigners.

Their lead singer used to be a skinhead and wrote lines about how "niggers and Yugos" were scum that becomes sedatory in Germany and other ugly stuff.

They may be less overtly right-wing now than they used to be, but their background is clear...

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

Can anybody name all the kids? They got so big, I can't recognize them anymore.

I only know Apple and Moses. Is the black hair girl Nico?

Not 100% sure but I think .. from left to right: Apple and Moses, Juno, Ava and Rex Champion, Nico Berryman, and Violet Buckland

• Like 1