✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why is one concert not enough?

Linus

Here's the deal.

Prior to this tour I've seen Coldplay three times. Twice in Stockholm for the Viva La Vida tour and the MX tour, and once at the Royal Albert Hall for the Ghost Stories tour. So that's once per tour.

Now this year I've already seen them in Manchester (best night of my life as you can imagine with what happened) and it was imo the best of the four concerts I've been too. I'm also going to see then three (or four) times at Wembley next week, which I'm very much looking forward too. The thing is tho....

...people keep asking me why I'm going to so many shows on the same tour and at the same stadium, and I don't know what to say...

Honestly I can't come up with a good answer for it, other than the fact that I love them. But I've never seen them more than once per tour, so will seeing them three or four times in five days make it less and less enjoyable, or am I just completely over thinking this? And what is a good answer to above mentioned question?

• Like 5

This is a good question. I went to two concerts in Mexico City. My idea was to go to just one even when they announced three dates and my family convinced me that one was enough considering that it'd cost a lot of money. But, then I saw the global citizen campaign and I had the opportunity to be part of the volunteers and to see Coldplay for free (kind of). So, to answer your question I've seen them twice and I want to see them again. The energy I get from the audience and the amazing show the band has created are the main reasons to wish being in another concert. Moreover, this time they're adding songs we might not hear again (AROBTTH has been played just once during this tour) which makes each concert different to each other even in the same country. Of course the love I have for Coldplay is another reason and I'd travel to another country just to see them. It doesn't matter how many times we see them, each show is unique because of the band, the audience, the setlist, the weather, the area we're siting or standing there are so many things to take into account :)

• Like 2

I'm a fan of a Belgian band too and go to a lot of concerts in a year. It is a dream to go to Coldplay that often.

"Why is one concert not enough"... usually followed by "isn't every concert the same"?

Really, I have stopped explaining, when people ask me that, I just tell them that they have to go to one and find out why.

I will see Coldplay 3x in 1 week time and I feel so lucky. [emoji4]

• Like 6

Guest diogo_sg

I've never been to a Coldplay concert in my life (hopefully, they will announce more dates) but I do agree with all that has been said here. If you love something then you probably don't want it to end. All the energy one single show gives you isn't enough and you need more and more and more... If I had the chance, I'd definitely go to more that one concert! ;)

Why is one concert not enough ?

Because they put a smile upon my face and you can never have enough of that :)

That said, I only plan to go to one concert in this tour, because other venues are farther away and ticket prices are imho often too high to go to multiple shows, but if I had the opportunity I would go to multiple concerts

• Like 1

"Why is one concert not enough"... usually followed by "isn't every concert the same"?

I get that A LOT. :D I used to make a comparison with wanting to kiss the person you love again and again, because of wanting to relive the experience, even though the actual kiss is similar (but never exactly the same).

But by now I just say that I feel a little sorry for the person asking for obviously not having such a wonderful and slightly crazy passion. ;)

• Like 5

my answer: 'cos going to concerts it's one of the ultimate fun u can have :bliss::bliss:

it's like a big birthday party with ur fav band!

honestly, I got so used to attending gigs that a year without it would feel like missing the best part of it....

Today I got another version :

"You go to the same concert twice, 2 days in a row, in London, on your own? Wow, I wouldn't do that"

I wisely didn't tell that I'm going to Amsterdam too, so 3 concerts in 6 days, the same band, abroad, on my own. :D

• Like 5

Guest diogo_sg
Today I got another version :

"You go to the same concert twice, 2 days in a row, in London, on your own? Wow, I wouldn't do that"

I wisely didn't tell that I'm going to Amsterdam too, so 3 concerts in 6 days, the same band, abroad, on my own. :D

Am I the only one who's drooling? [emoji12]

It's just that when you really love something you can experience, you pay attention to everything that happens, every little detail, therefore every time feels different.

Also for the rush of energy and joy and general festive atmosphere :nod: so hard to get over it :bomb:

• Like 3

Because Coldplay really put their heart and soul into everything they do! Because their vision of the world is so beautiful it makes you crave it more and more. Because you're a bigger fan now than you've ever been and their music relates to you in such a way you can loose yourself in it and for a moment be part of something so dreamy, profound and intense. Because of all the feelings, energy, happiness, fun, excitement, thrill... there's just so many different ways to put this :happy2:But yes, in short I'd say, because you really love them. I wish I was going to 4 of their performances! haha :happy2:

• Like 2

Because it's fun and there is so much to take in. For me I'm going to three shows. The two at the Rose Bowl, one day in the stands, another day on the floor. Then Vegas in an arena. Three very different experiences.

• Like 5