✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay making new songs?

ARushOfBuckin

So there have been many rumors going around that Coldplay are working on new songs.

In the interview with Sirius XM, Chris said they had plans for the future and mentioned new songs. A lot of us freaked out and thought "ohhh new coldplay songs woo! :dance:" But I saw a lot of people saying that those new songs could just be different versions of the songs from AHFOD never performed live, (Army of One, etc.)

Coldplay has also played some interesting funky tunes at their soundchecks on occassion and nobody seems to know the name of them!

I think they might all just be making up a song on the spot to warm up, or maybe practicing some never-released songs (as we all know, the band has many songs hidden from us!)

What do you Coldplayers think - new songs or just random funky tunes? I think the band has plans for the future and will probably never run out of ideas. :braces:

• Like 4

Something tells me we're gonna hear a new song very soon. After all, Roadie 42 posted this:

[MEDIA=instagram]BJeUKbDD-F7[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJeUKbDD-F7/

I am so curious about the new song(s?), because, what kind of new Coldplay songs can we expect? Is it different than what we've heard so far? It has to be different than any other Coldplay song.

As someone who knows Coldplay, I would say that if they make a new song, they will make sure that it won't look like a CP-song that already does exist.

• Like 3

I am so curious about the new song(s?), because, what kind of new Coldplay songs can we expect? Is it different than what we've heard so far? It has to be different than any other Coldplay song.

As someone who knows Coldplay, I would say that if they make a new song, they will make sure that it won't look like a CP-song that already does exist.

I think it'll fit the AHFOD vibes but it will have a slightly different sound. Think of it like Atlas and Ghost Stories; they have similar vibes because Atlas was originally supposed to be on Ghost Stories, but the lyrical themes are different and Atlas sounds a bit more like "Oldplay." If they want to play this new song live, they probably don't want something dark and sad. It will need to fit the more celebratory mood that they are trying to go for with each concert.

If you ask me, I kind of want it to sound like that funky soundcheck jam somebody recorded a few weeks ago. :dance:

• Like 2

X Marks the Spot Extended feat. Pitbull

You forgot to add that it was produced and mixed by Stargate

[emoji6]

And the band insists it's the greatest song they've ever written. ;)

Maybe we'll have an EP like when they released Prospekt's March... who knows? That would be freaking awesome haha

I can't remember who said this a couple weeks ago but I remember somebody here mentioning that it might be a bonus disc on a deluxe version of AHFOD.

• Like 2