✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Describe your favourite Coldplay member

Gideon_Mx

are you talking about Brits acceptance speech of this year or maybe another one? I'm just curious about it lol

No, an older one from the Viva Era I think...i don't remember exactly but it is the one where he talks a lot of nonsense about being the biggest band in the world and asks Guy to say something but cuts him off in the very moment where he starts to speak...the one where he apparently afterwards admitted of being a bit drunk.

i think you mean the Q Awards, yes? from 2008 :wacko:

sometimes watching older videos of Chris is a little painful :P

• Like 5

I agree with this. I don't think any of them are remotely rude. Guy and Will are definitely the shy ones, in my opinion. They're the ones who avoid fans simply because they don't want to deal with that situation and just want their privacy :P I think they really appreciate being famous and having a normal life :)

You mentioned that Guy and Will go straight to the point and give clear answers. This ability comes from thinking deeply about things, which introverted people do. So I'm suggesting that they are both introverted :D

As an introvert, agree totally!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I would say Guy or Will. Both of them are shy and introverted, and they really match my personality. And it's really incredible that Will is 100% self-taught. And the fact that they give their honest opinion. If they don't like it, then they will be truthful. And to everyone who has said this, they just aren't as friendly to fans because they, like I said, are shy. And Guy's melodies are top-tier. Without them, the Coldplay songs would not be half as good.

But, I forgot about 1 member until now. Has anyone mentioned Phil yet? Think about how different Coldplay would be if it were not for him.

• Like 4

My favorite is Jonny. He’s always has been, and still is. Obviously, he’s extremely talented. Coldplay would be nothing without him , imo. He strikes me as being very kind. I’m sure they all are but I feel like he might be the nicest (could be wrong , obviously I don’t know any of them personally )I like his laugh , his voice and his smile. He strikes me as being maybe a bit more introverted , humble and down-to-earth. I also kind of have a thing for gingers ( which I think he is? Can’t really tell cuz he’s always wearing a hat). He has amazing eyes. He seems like a nice dude.

• Like 5

My second favorite is probably Phil. It’s weird ,when I first started becoming obsessed with Coldplay I never paid him much attention to him , compared to the other members I guess. Probably because we don’t see him as much since he is a secret member.

When I watched the HFOD documentary with my ex, I realized how cute he is. I just never noticed before lol , again probably because we don’t see him as much. Then I found out he went to Oxford to study classics (correct me if I’m wrong ). He’s quite handsome , is intelligent (they all are), has broad shoulders and rosy cheeks. His wife is quite lucky lol

• Like 2

My favorite is Guy because I really like bass in general. I feel like his parts are so underrated-even though no one ever talks about them or that he's arguably the second most famous member nowadays at least to any Instagram user, it's not because of his musical talents which is sad. His parts are kind of hidden in a lot of songs, but they have so much to offer once you listen for them and they enhance the music as a whole. He seems to be a good multi-instrumentalist as well (I'm pretty sure he's the only member other than Jonny to ever play a lead guitar part, he's pretty good at drums and percussion from what I've seen and although he doesn't seem to like to do so in recent years he's not a bad singer either, and he's played a variety of other instruments including the oud and sitar). He's also just an inspiring person in general with all the other things he's managed to accomplish over the years from joining another band to running a marathon to racing in Mille Miglia and creating a car magazine all while being a member of Coldplay, and it's cool that he's so unassuming at the same time-he doesn't seem to be a very conceited person. Synchro Sunday was such a great idea. Also, he clearly struggled a bit with happiness and fame/lack of fame when he was younger as he talks about in the documentary and may have not appeared to be the most friendly member, but he was able to make some life changes and now interacts with fans the most. And he's not bad looking either...

Edited by Carolina*
  • Like 2

...but Jonny is my second favorite. I agree with @dessertstealer that he's definitely extremely nice even if we don't personally know him, and it's incredible that such a big part of Coldplay's music goes unrecognized all the time. I can't believe he had trouble getting into his own concert once. I don't know if there's any part of any song that makes me feel things more than the guitar part at the end of The Scientist (Chris was right!). Also, none of them make me laugh without even trying like Jonny does. He doesn't talk much, but when he does, half the time it's a completely random joke. As much as I like him, I'd say Guy is more stereotypically mysterious while Jonny is truly mysterious. He doesn't fit the stereotype of a "mysterious person" since he's a hard person to describe. We don't know much about his personal life, what he's doing right now, why he chooses to make one specific comment in interviews, or why he never takes off his hat. He's an interesting and endearing person and amazing guitar player, and I wish more people knew who he is. Also as a marine science major in college that would do astronomy if I was better at physics, respect. But honestly all of them are amazing and now I want to write what I like about Chris, Will and Phil, but that would definitely defeat the purpose of this thread.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

Jonny is by far my favorite. I've described him millions of times in millions of different ways, but every compliment in the world wouldn't be enough for him. There's so much more to him than just a pair of pretty green eyes. I could never even begin to imagine a better person, no matter how hard I try. I'm in awe that a person like him even exists. It shouldn't be possible. He really is one of a kind. Jonny is too wonderful for this world. In a place with violence, suffering, and hardships, some how, some way, Jonny is here. He doesn't have a single negative quality about him, which is something I can't say about most other people. Jonny. Just the sound of his name fills me with joy. I use it as a compliment and a nickname, although everybody I call Jonny could never even begin to compare to him. I love his personality, and his talent, and his pretty face, and his voice, and his hat, and his eyes, and his guitars, and his wisdom, and his calmness, and his handsomeness, and his beard, and his style, and his stories, and his patience, and everything about him. The best thing I could say about Jonny is that he's Jonny. There really is no better compliment you can give. I just have a very deep love for him that I can't explain. Every time I see him I just immediately get happier and I don't know why. He's a very passionate person when it comes to playing the guitar. The lack of recognition he gets on stage doesn't seem to bother him. He'd probably just keep playing even if nobody listened to him. And it's true, most people don't specifically pay attention to him during every song. But the entire band would be ruined if they had any guitarist besides Jonny. He can turn anything into a beautiful work of art. Take AOAL for example. That song would be average at best if it weren't for his riffs. I don't like to describe people as perfect since that word's so overused, but that's what he is. Jonny Boy is perfect. And I love him more than anybody.

Jonny Buckland is the best person in the entire world. And that's a fact.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

As I mentioned before , Jonny and Phil are probably my two favorites. However , I obviously like all five band members. There’s something unique about each on of them that makes them appealing and interesting. At one point or other in my life I’ve had a crush on four of the five members of the band ((Jonny , Phil , Chris and Guy)

I have a crush on Chris for a variety of reasons. I love his calm demeanor and his outlook on life. He’s funny and is obviously talented. I love his clear blue eyes. He’s extremely handsome. I appreciate his outlook on life , how he’s so grateful for everything and it makes me feel like he could teach me and guide me through life. Chris strikes me as someone who is very grateful , is tranquil even when facing big problems. 

I have a crush on Guy for a couple reasons as well. First off , that man is hot lol. Every single girl I’ve ever showed a picture of him to agrees lol. But also more importantly , he also seems more mysterious and shy , which I relate to because I’m also quite introverted. Guy seems to like photography and high fashion and those are things I enjoy as well. He’s aged exceptionally well. He still looks like she’s in his 20s to me. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I should probably mention Will since he’s the only member I haven’t talked about and recently Im starting to appreciate him more. He’s starting to grow on me and I’m starting to fall for him I think lol

One of the things I like about him is how strong he is. I feel as if he went through  a lot. I like how eloquent he is. He’s a good speaker. He seems very intelligent. He’s obviously very talented. 
Chris said he’s like the base of the statue of the band , and I can’t think of a better way to describe him and I love that quality about him(that I can’t quite put into words as well as Chris has)

also , he’s quite muscular ??

• Like 2