✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-6-8] Parc Olympique Lyonnais, Lyon, France

Christa42

I'm a bit disappointed they replaced Birds, this is AHFOD tour after all.:eek: Well, GPASUYF is a good song yes, but so is Birds. The c-stage could have more variation, it has been now IMP and Don't Panic for quite a while (great songs both yes, but rarities would be welcome) and a third song here and there. Did they play any "request song" today? Or did they just mark IMP or Don't Panic as request? Also, now that they don't play Heroes anymore, they could fit another song in that place.

(Don't get me wrong, I really do look forward to seeing them live, and no matter what they play it is going to be fun)

yeah, i definitely wouldn't want them to permanently replace Birds with GPASUYF... surely there's another main stage song they could bump instead (because i really want GPASUYF on the main stage :P)

especially now that Amazing Day has been replaced too - thinking way ahead here, but i wonder if we'll see this era eventually fall the way of X&Y, i.e. the boys only ever playing two songs from the album in tour :thinking:

• Like 1

I'm a bit disappointed they replaced Birds, this is AHFOD tour after all.:eek: Well, GPASUYF is a good song yes, but so is Birds. The c-stage could have more variation, it has been now IMP and Don't Panic for quite a while (great songs both yes, but rarities would be welcome) and a third song here and there. Did they play any "request song" today? Or did they just mark IMP or Don't Panic as request? Also, now that they don't play Heroes anymore, they could fit another song in that place.

(Don't get me wrong, I really do look forward to seeing them live, and no matter what they play it is going to be fun)

I got a setlist and they just skipped the request (which was supposed to be til kingdom come) and Chris sang an improvised song in french which was really funny but so confusing because there was no request

Hey guys. Besides the new venue-specific posters, were there anything else being sold at the merch stall that is new? New t-shirt designs, etc?

I found the stuff being sold at the Asian tour pretty meh. Very excited about the venue-specific posters though! (I'm going for the Paris show).

They are 30 EUR apiece though. I saw one for Munich as well but that price is really shameless, I didn't buy it.

Yeah I'm a bit put off by the price but this is my first time travelling to another country to see the boys so I'm gonna get it as a memento. Heh.

Does anyone have a full video of GPASUYF in Lyon ? I can so far only find the snippet posted by R42. Or was that all they played ?

The link I posted above has it in full, it's from a Periscope stream though so the quality is far from optimal. It's weird how nobody has uploaded the whole thing yet, despite a stadium filled with so many people.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MYGNApNmLOKw?t=96

That's not the beginning of Birds, by the way :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hellooooooooooo everyone!

Can't believe this concert was 3 weeks ago already! Time flies by! I'm lucky to be able to see Coldplay a few times this year and this was the first round.

I went to the concert with my good friend Claire. My sister lives in Lyon and it's just a 2 hour train ride away from Paris (where we live) so the trip wasn't too much trouble for us (Frankfurt and Dublin are going to be another story though haha). It was SO hot that day though and the organisation regarding the city and the venue was definitely poor for several reasons.

First of all, as per usual with French authorities and organisations, they tend to greatly underestimate the importance and the impact of a Coldplay concert. The fact that the concert is sold out doesn't seem to bother them that much?! Anyway the system they implemented to get inside the venue was rather crap and greedy: you had to book special and super expensive tram or parking tickets so you could be allowed in the area. We took the tramway, but holyshit there were so many people for so little trains!!! Thankfully around 7pm they realized they needed to bring bigger trains and the queue went much quicker. Then, queuing at the entrance of the stadium was also absolute hell, no organisation whatsoever as tramways were coming from everywhere, no one was respecting the queue...

And after all that, after all the security warnings and announcements, the strategy and choices we had to make so we weren't going to be stopped by security....Security turned out to be poor af: we saw people with backpacks and huge bags inside the stadium :|

Anyway, we arrived quite late that day because for the first time, we went to see a stadium Coldplay concert with seating tickets ! We wanted to get a different view, enjoy the whole light show, and Claire couldn't necessarily take another day off to queue either. And we did not regret it ! Our seats were in the higher sections but not at all at the back of the stadium, so we had a splendid view over the 3 stages. That was perfect !

Ultimate luxury : just an hour before Coldplay's set, we were able to GO TO THE BATHROOM (wooowwwwwwwwww), get beers and a hot dog !!! (ohmygod)

First time in my life i get to experience that at a concert wow boy did it feel nice ! I always have to live Coldplay gigs with a full, ready-to-burst bladder and a dry throat, so this was awesome.

The other great thing about it is that we got special Coldplay cups with our drinks !!! They're beautiful ! They have the AHFOD logo and everything.

19029479_10213529626694989_4706652974523728404_n.jpg?oh=2a7d721a17398cacb9d40a049c743324&oe=59CC26E3

We unfortunately missed the first opening act (see first part) but were able to catch half of the second one I believe, which was rather nice ! The atmosphere was quite calm in the stadium and people arrived rather late i thought. It only got energetic and truly exciting a few minutes before the set, as there were lots of Mexican waves (love them, live for them). They started about 10 minutes late.

Claire is part of the ColdplayCorner team and set up a Facebook live through which she managed to show most of the show. If you followed that one Facebook live, the incredibly loud voices that you heard were mine and Claire's hihihi sorry (but at least that's a testament of how i do truly enjoy my Coldplay concerts). We caught a few funny comments like « wow thank you this is incredible but you're absolutely terrible singers » or « shut up we can't hear the concert properly » hahahahaha

We got up right as the concert started, but unfortunately most people in our block only stood up for a few songs, not the whole show...we were clearly the most enthusiastic, and our neighbours looked absolutely disgusted to have us there haha ! The man next to me disappeared after 5 songs, I found him 5 rows below at the end...The woman next to Claire looked rather bored throughout the concert, which seems impossible to me but eh to each their own i guess. So yeah this was also a great experience because we had all the advantages I mentioned earlier about being able to go late to the concert, whilst enjoying the concert as if we were standing down there!

Coldplay were as usual incredible, awesome, wonderful, full of positive energy...and the world's biggest trolls. They actually started the Birds intro before switching to GPASUYF hahaha

There was a funny moment during the song actually, as he told the crowd « raise your arms when i start jumping » but they only heard the first part and started raising their arms, clapping and jumping very early, and he laughed haha that was adorable

I didn't mind not having Birds, as I was lucky enough to saw them in Manchester last year, therefore I got to experience it at least once. It's one of my absolute favourite off the album, but I know that most people who come to see them have only listened to it once (if at all)...so the atmosphere for Birds isn't as awesome as it should be, and definitely not as great as with GPASUYF for obvious reasons. I can understand why any fan would be upset at that kind of change though, as you're here to see the AHFOD tour...not the Coldplay's Biggest Hits tour :| at least that kind of change does sort of make sense, GPASUYF truly is a great moment to witness afterall.

AHFOD was actually quite a highlight of the show (i think it comes from the fact that we're releasing all that adrenaline at the start, it's just always insane), as well as SJLT (people do know that one haha). I didn't expect it to be one of my highlights (i do like the song tho), i was just so surprised at the crowd's reaction, it made it all the more amazing.

We did not get the request at all. That was frankly disappointing. I get that they were late, but when you ask your fans to make requests videos and you make them hope for something like that….you could drop your other C-stage song.

The song for Lyon was absolutely adorable though ! Chris talked quite a lot, and tried his best in French, it was amazing ! You could tell he's a fan of Stromae now hahahaha That was a really nice gesture which does sort of make up for the lack of request that night. Sort of.

Raising the French flag for ETIAW definitely was a good trick as well for the French crowd. He acknowledged the difficulties that we went through, as well as his country's. He didn't make a big deal but as always he's just very moving, with his generosity and his sincerity and the love that he gives to the crowd.

The view over the Xylobands in the whole stadium was absolutely stunning and I'm so happy to have seen it for myself and not in pictures as usual (you do see it from downstairs, it's just that you have to raise your eyes and turn around and it's not the first thing on your mind in that situation haha). We had the white Xylobands too ! That was so cool, so happy to have this one in my collection !

19059540_10213536182178872_1814423319634926103_n.jpg?oh=ff5e01d3f4c8b590fd8259c6ad488f45&oe=59D17349

The confetti explosions and fireworks are also much more noticeable from up there and pretty goddamn cool. When the first one happened in AHFOD, we yelled so loud we were like OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHSHIT

Just incredible.

So that was my fifth Coldplay concert and despite the lack of change in the setlist I still feel incredibly privileged and lucky to have seen them again. Something I told myself that evening, during the concert, was that when I look for a spot in the universe, somewhere that I feel is my place : that's what a Coldplay concert is. It's just where I belong. I'm about to embark on the craziest month with 5 other Coldplay concerts and it's completely a dream come true and I'm incredibly happy and grateful. I love them so much. Going to take the bus tonight, see you in Frankfurt tomorrow !

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Coldplay in Lyon + tips for concert goers

Sorry for it being so long :) (I found writing about the concert quite fun and therapeutic lol XD)

Before the Concert

We arrived at the stadium at 12 and got almost a perfect waiting place. We weren't allowed to keep our bags because only transparent bags were allowed. It wasn't too much of a big deal because we were expecting it anyway.

From 12 to 4, we sat in line, and needless to say it was extremely long and boring. We didn't really talk with those around us but to my defense I'm an antisocial pessimist who at the time had her head in the clouds, in the UK, in the English, whereas everyone around us was French.

Anyway, I was the person totally stressing out about needing to go to the restroom during the concert so I emptied my only water bottle hours before we got in. Little did I know that I would, instead, be dying of thirst – please bring a lot of water!!!

But back to the waiting. We didn't really have a lot to do except listen to some old Coldplay. Now I wish we had brought a game like Uno, for example. It's not like it would have taken anymore space than the three small tissue packs I brought along in case I bawled my eyes out at Charlie Brown – I didn't, by the way, my body did not have enough water to create tears. So yeah, needless to say, we didn't have enough water and also not enough food. My stomach had the perfect timing of loudly telling me I had nothing in there the moment the Charlie Chaplin speech started. Great.

But otherwise waiting wasn't too bad. We were sitting in the shadow of the stadium, and we could, even if only barely, hear the soundcheck, of Hypnotized, Paradise, and one or two others (I know, my memory is so flawless).

From 4 to 5 everyone started standing, eagerly awaiting the doors being opened. It's crazy how time goes by slower when you're standing, and also waiting for a Coldplay concert. The moment the doors opened was crazy. We ran in like Coldplay hooligans, almost falling down the stairs to the field. Looking back, I probably would have gone slower, collected my Xyloband calmly, while taking deep breaths. There was time enough to get to the place we stood.

Opening Acts

And there we then waited for another two hours, sitting in the heat of the sun. Then, finally, to relieve me of my suffering came Lyves. I was the only one on our side of the stage runway that danced and knew the lyrics, and Lyves looked at me a lot, glad that someone was singing along. So, I do not regret, at all, learning the lyrics to the opening acts, cause it was totally worth having a quasi duet with the singer on stage. Then Aluna George took the stage. She was way more out there, looking over the crowds. I don't think she even saw me dance along, but it was still fun.

And we waited, and waited, seconds turning into centuries. The water sustained us until the waiting music (Thursday Afternoon, by Brian Eno) suddenly stopped. It was in that moment that I realized still how thirsty I was, how hungry, and how every part of my potato couch body was aching.

The Concert

The sudden lighting of the Xylo bands made me so excited and sent shivers down my spine. It was so beautiful. The whole stadium was all of a sudden glowing red. I would have cried of joy had I had enough water in my system. The Charlie Chaplin speech stretched itself like butter over too much bread. Then came the words "The power they took from the people will return to people", and the band appeared on stage.

As soon as Chris Martin was there and ran around in front of us, my eyes were opened like never before, not believing he was actually there. Actually there! A few meters in front of me! The guy who wrote all the songs that had helped me soooo much for over a year now (I know, not long, but still, means a lot to me). We could see Guy, Will, and Jonny most of the time so that was cool. I wish I could have had four eyes though. I couldn't look at everyone at once and remember every single second.

I still couldn't believe my eyes and I didn't dare blink during all of A Head Full Of Dreams. The start was sooooo impressive compared to the opening acts where there were no lights or effects going on at all. Here everything was on, all of a sudden, fireworks blasting away, confetti in the air, flames thrown high... I don't know how to describe it. It was soooo big and huge and impressive, like... I really don't know what to compare it to. Nothing else compares. I quickly forgot all of the pain I had and just jumped around, singing along, smiling, looking at the guys, not believing that I had made it this far.

I'm going to brag at this point that Chris looked at me for a milli second. :eek:

upload_2017-7-9_13-41-32.png.f562e2f554cf1ee637a4e2a07ea940fc.png

Me and my sister were part of some wonderful Coldplayers on Facebook that had brought along signs that read "Merci" (thank you). The end of AHFOD was the signal for us. Me and my sister were the only ones in our proximity holding up signs, but I know there were quite a few more behind us that held them up as well. And... Chris noticed! It made us so proud. Here are a few shots of where you can see the signs being held up (the pictures are from a video I found online, we didn't have the time to film then).

upload_2017-7-9_13-43-10.png.38cb25c476bedceaf39e8a90f471e149.png

And then, it was our turn to be on the screen! The camera was right above us, filming us and I just jumped around in front of it, happy as never before, proud of us and proud of Coldplay. (And also glad I made my sign over a rainbow flag, making it stand out, hihi).

upload_2017-7-9_13-43-57.png.d2b4cde35a5ee831f17d4ffcedbdcc7d.png

Yellow was awesome to say the least and it was so much fun to sing along. I did look at the sky at some point for the "It's true, Look how they shine for you!" Which was ironic because it was still to light to see any stars. But I sang it, or rather screamed it at the band like crazy and it was fun nevertheless.

ETIAW. I absolutely adore this song so it was so great to have it. The flag part was as always extraordinary. I probably screamed a bit too much when the confetti blew into the air but then again when do you ever get the change to scream loudly?

Next, The Scientist! This one was quite hard to sing to. But it was so emotional that the song is definitely up the ranks to my like top 3 or 4 songs. Now it just makes me cry and wish I had another chance at that concert, to do things better. But who knows, maybe another time.

"When Will starts drumming the hands go up."

Well obviously my head was in the clouds as my arms went up like magnets straight away, and everyone else's too. Chris laughed and then they started Birds – wait, that's not birds... IT'S GOD PUT A SMILE UPON YOUR FACE!!! You can't believe how much I wanted this live and i had given up hope of that months before the concert and they played it!!! Okay, so, to set things straight, I have nothing against Birds and personally love the song, but God Put A Smile Upon Your Face is a whole new level in my opinion, and I can't fathom how much I adore and love the live versions of the song. This surprise meant so much to me. As soon as the guitar part came in, trust me, trust me. I was not on this earth anymore. I had ascended to another level of existence. Surrounded by the sound of their music I had caught glimpse of paradise. In other words, I went crazy. Geez do I want to live that moment again.

Then Paradise?! Soon enough they would hit my emotional threshold... It was so adorable and great, and supernatural, that the paradise we singing about was right there, right then. I kept singing at the end of paradise, see video below. I don't regret it. I only regret singing so quietly.

The Paradise remix hit me off guard. I had totally forgotten about it and it was so amazing, probably one of my favourite parts of the whole concert. Also, Chris danced around towards my area. And yes, the person screaming really really loudly, that's me.

Stage B. Always in my head had the stadium light up in yellow, a beautiful view. I still couldn't believe I was really there. Magic has gone high up my Coldplay songs rank, from not even in my top 50 to probably top 20, maybe even top 10. It was so good live, especially Wills percussion and Jonny's guitar.

Everglow was as expected a beautiful Chris solo. Bit disappointed that no crowd member went up to play piano with him. I would have, had I learned to play Everglow. I did have sign that read "Duet Everglow?", but who are we kidding. This could have probably been a good place to put up a sign for another member though, seeing as they were all on the main stage, not really doing anything, everyone looking at Chris or at the screen. I wish I had paid more attention to the others, especially Will, but he was always hidden in the background behind his drum! Agh!!! Sigh. Little did I know the best part was yet to come.

Main stage again! Clocks was a very pleasant surprise. It was again one of my favourite moments. The lights and the live piano which was just perfect, created the perfect atmosphere to jump around and enjoy to the fullest the perfect perfectionist perfection perfecto song.

The Midnight extract was nice and calming. Man, had I only known what song was next, I would have had time to mentally prepare. But no, Charlie Brown hit me in the face like a pan. I wasn't ready for it!

Charlie Brown did indeed feel like getting hit with the G note (all you My Chemical Romance fans out there will relate). I took one look around the stadium and whispered Oh my god, unable to contain my amazement, open mouthed, seeing those thousands of souls, raising their hands. Their Xylobands were glowing in the dark so beautifully, and I don't think much on this earth will compare to that view. Just for a moment we were releasing all our differences and being one.

HFTW was crazy. Flames hit the air at the chorus and we felt the fire's heat which was crazy. Did I just say crazy twice? XD. During this song people were singing along quite a lot. And yes, I get it, it's a mainstream song but it was absolutely great to be there live, and have it in full volume blasting around and singing I, oh I, oh IIIIIIII!!!!

Okay, so the transition of HFTW to Fix You was one of the most beautiful transitions I have ever heard. Fix you was, as predicted, amazing. And very emotional, as well.

Then, without a warning, Viva La Vida suddenly knocked down the doors to let the sound in. All of a sudden Will was standing there, right in front of us, banging on the drum. Chris ran along the runway singing the first chorus. And, while everyone was watching him, I took my chance and jumped higher than ever, hands in the air waving, screaming the lyrics right at Will. And oh boy was that worth it. He looked up, saw me, and smiled at me for like a second or two and that was the most amazing two seconds of the whole night. It was such a genuine smile, it made me so happy! :D

upload_2017-7-9_13-52-8.thumb.png.431e5aad07454943df8486daafe2ce71.png

Then, all of a sudden balloons came out of nowhere and were all flying around us for AOAL. The "Everybody get down" part was awesome. I got down right away, pulling down everyone around me, forgetting how to speak in French.

Stage C: OK SO THIS ALSO I WAS NOT EXPECTING. In my place. In my place! The song I wanted to hear live sooooo much! The Yeah of the crowd was so breathtaking. I'm so glad that they did the song.

AND THEN DON'T PANIC. But I was panicking because Will was singing and it was so cool and so beautiful and so nice to sing along ahhhhhhh.

So to my knowledge, because the show had started 10 minutes later due to technical difficulties, they didn't do the request song. We didn't know it then, but I was totally okay with the Lyon Song. I had been looking forward to Chris speaking in French so much that when he sang a whole song in French, it was like a wish come true. Regarding the request song not being played at all, I wasn't too disappointed as the request was basically the same request they did in most other concerts. Only talking for myself of course, I can understand others being upset about it. But I think that improv song made our concert special, especially because it was for us, and what I believed to be the answer to the Merci signs.

Then came the "Start the track Will" and it took a few seconds for us to realize it was Something Just Like This. I personally don't really like Chainsmokers music but I really got into the song because Chris Martin's voice is in it and I didn't want to not enjoy one of the songs, cause that's 3 minutes of the concert wasted. It was really fun to dance to, even though I was dying very much, legs aching, arms screaming.

Sky full of stars was okay. This was the ultimate song everyone was singing to, but at this point I was so done that I could barely stand or put up my hands. I still forced my. Maybe it also partially has to do something with the fact that this song meant the concert was coming to an end.

Finally, Up and Up. This was the last song and so I tried to stare at every band member without blinking, trying to take it in. The fireworks and confetti at the end were as great as ever. And then they bowed and before we knew it, they were gone, the credits rolling on the screen and the crowd chanting Viva La Vida while going out... And we were still singing as we were walking out of the stadium. And that was it. I remember sitting in the car, eyes closed, the two hours I had been waiting for during the whole year, gone, now only in memory and in the videos that had been filmed. I barely filmed anything though, because I wanted to see them with my own eyes.

I wish very much that Coldplay will come back one day. And when they do, you will find me at the stadium, music booming out of my phone, handing out signs and dancing, being the Luna Lovegood I always wish I could be... At least I hope so.

The End.

upload_2017-7-9_13-41-17.png.f6e2f299a37e4f19caa82ec2c491bc7f.png

upload_2017-7-9_13-41-40.png.151f9815ec1105bddd91d8f746c12e77.png

upload_2017-7-9_13-42-56.png.7aea7d94ca5bcc6281721e0be3fad568.png

upload_2017-7-9_13-43-3.png.1b50a47783a59f7f89a4f179c39cdc00.png

upload_2017-7-9_13-43-49.png.7f460eaf71cc8034872ff1a1463c3922.png

• Like 4

• Administrators

Coldplay in Lyon + tips for concert goers

Sorry for it being so long :) (I found writing about the concert quite fun and therapeutic lol XD)

Before the Concert

We arrived at the stadium at 12 and got almost a perfect waiting place. We weren't allowed to keep our bags because only transparent bags were allowed. It wasn't too much of a big deal because we were expecting it anyway.

From 12 to 4, we sat in line, and needless to say it was extremely long and boring. We didn't really talk with those around us but to my defense I'm an antisocial pessimist who at the time had her head in the clouds, in the UK, in the English, whereas everyone around us was French.

Anyway, I was the person totally stressing out about needing to go to the restroom during the concert so I emptied my only water bottle hours before we got in. Little did I know that I would, instead, be dying of thirst – please bring a lot of water!!!

But back to the waiting. We didn't really have a lot to do except listen to some old Coldplay. Now I wish we had brought a game like Uno, for example. It's not like it would have taken anymore space than the three small tissue packs I brought along in case I bawled my eyes out at Charlie Brown – I didn't, by the way, my body did not have enough water to create tears. So yeah, needless to say, we didn't have enough water and also not enough food. My stomach had the perfect timing of loudly telling me I had nothing in there the moment the Charlie Chaplin speech started. Great.

But otherwise waiting wasn't too bad. We were sitting in the shadow of the stadium, and we could, even if only barely, hear the soundcheck, of Hypnotized, Paradise, and one or two others (I know, my memory is so flawless).

From 4 to 5 everyone started standing, eagerly awaiting the doors being opened. It's crazy how time goes by slower when you're standing, and also waiting for a Coldplay concert. The moment the doors opened was crazy. We ran in like Coldplay hooligans, almost falling down the stairs to the field. Looking back, I probably would have gone slower, collected my Xyloband calmly, while taking deep breaths. There was time enough to get to the place we stood.

Opening Acts

And there we then waited for another two hours, sitting in the heat of the sun. Then, finally, to relieve me of my suffering came Lyves. I was the only one on our side of the stage runway that danced and knew the lyrics, and Lyves looked at me a lot, glad that someone was singing along. So, I do not regret, at all, learning the lyrics to the opening acts, cause it was totally worth having a quasi duet with the singer on stage. Then Aluna George took the stage. She was way more out there, looking over the crowds. I don't think she even saw me dance along, but it was still fun.

And we waited, and waited, seconds turning into centuries. The water sustained us until the waiting music (Thursday Afternoon, by Brian Eno) suddenly stopped. It was in that moment that I realized still how thirsty I was, how hungry, and how every part of my potato couch body was aching.

The Concert

The sudden lighting of the Xylo bands made me so excited and sent shivers down my spine. It was so beautiful. The whole stadium was all of a sudden glowing red. I would have cried of joy had I had enough water in my system. The Charlie Chaplin speech stretched itself like butter over too much bread. Then came the words "The power they took from the people will return to people", and the band appeared on stage.

As soon as Chris Martin was there and ran around in front of us, my eyes were opened like never before, not believing he was actually there. Actually there! A few meters in front of me! The guy who wrote all the songs that had helped me soooo much for over a year now (I know, not long, but still, means a lot to me). We could see Guy, Will, and Jonny most of the time so that was cool. I wish I could have had four eyes though. I couldn't look at everyone at once and remember every single second.

I still couldn't believe my eyes and I didn't dare blink during all of A Head Full Of Dreams. The start was sooooo impressive compared to the opening acts where there were no lights or effects going on at all. Here everything was on, all of a sudden, fireworks blasting away, confetti in the air, flames thrown high... I don't know how to describe it. It was soooo big and huge and impressive, like... I really don't know what to compare it to. Nothing else compares. I quickly forgot all of the pain I had and just jumped around, singing along, smiling, looking at the guys, not believing that I had made it this far.

I'm going to brag at this point that Chris looked at me for a milli second. :eek:

[ATTACH=full]7132[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]7133[/ATTACH]

Me and my sister were part of some wonderful Coldplayers on Facebook that had brought along signs that read "Merci" (thank you). The end of AHFOD was the signal for us. Me and my sister were the only ones in our proximity holding up signs, but I know there were quite a few more behind us that held them up as well. And... Chris noticed! It made us so proud. Here are a few shots of where you can see the signs being held up (the pictures are from a video I found online, we didn't have the time to film then).

[ATTACH=full]7135[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]7136[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]7137[/ATTACH]

And then, it was our turn to be on the screen! The camera was right above us, filming us and I just jumped around in front of it, happy as never before, proud of us and proud of Coldplay. (And also glad I made my sign over a rainbow flag, making it stand out, hihi).

[ATTACH=full]7138[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]7139[/ATTACH]

Yellow was awesome to say the least and it was so much fun to sing along. I did look at the sky at some point for the "It's true, Look how they shine for you!" Which was ironic because it was still to light to see any stars. But I sang it, or rather screamed it at the band like crazy and it was fun nevertheless.

ETIAW. I absolutely adore this song so it was so great to have it. The flag part was as always extraordinary. I probably screamed a bit too much when the confetti blew into the air but then again when do you ever get the change to scream loudly?

Next, The Scientist! This one was quite hard to sing to. But it was so emotional that the song is definitely up the ranks to my like top 3 or 4 songs. Now it just makes me cry and wish I had another chance at that concert, to do things better. But who knows, maybe another time.

"When Will starts drumming the hands go up."

Well obviously my head was in the clouds as my arms went up like magnets straight away, and everyone else's too. Chris laughed and then they started Birds – wait, that's not birds... IT'S GOD PUT A SMILE UPON YOUR FACE!!! You can't believe how much I wanted this live and i had given up hope of that months before the concert and they played it!!! Okay, so, to set things straight, I have nothing against Birds and personally love the song, but God Put A Smile Upon Your Face is a whole new level in my opinion, and I can't fathom how much I adore and love the live versions of the song. This surprise meant so much to me. As soon as the guitar part came in, trust me, trust me. I was not on this earth anymore. I had ascended to another level of existence. Surrounded by the sound of their music I had caught glimpse of paradise. In other words, I went crazy. Geez do I want to live that moment again.

Then Paradise?! Soon enough they would hit my emotional threshold... It was so adorable and great, and supernatural, that the paradise we singing about was right there, right then. I kept singing at the end of paradise, see video below. I don't regret it. I only regret singing so quietly.

The Paradise remix hit me off guard. I had totally forgotten about it and it was so amazing, probably one of my favourite parts of the whole concert. Also, Chris danced around towards my area. And yes, the person screaming really really loudly, that's me.

Stage B. Always in my head had the stadium light up in yellow, a beautiful view. I still couldn't believe I was really there. Magic has gone high up my Coldplay songs rank, from not even in my top 50 to probably top 20, maybe even top 10. It was so good live, especially Wills percussion and Jonny's guitar.

Everglow was as expected a beautiful Chris solo. Bit disappointed that no crowd member went up to play piano with him. I would have, had I learned to play Everglow. I did have sign that read "Duet Everglow?", but who are we kidding. This could have probably been a good place to put up a sign for another member though, seeing as they were all on the main stage, not really doing anything, everyone looking at Chris or at the screen. I wish I had paid more attention to the others, especially Will, but he was always hidden in the background behind his drum! Agh!!! Sigh. Little did I know the best part was yet to come.

Main stage again! Clocks was a very pleasant surprise. It was again one of my favourite moments. The lights and the live piano which was just perfect, created the perfect atmosphere to jump around and enjoy to the fullest the perfect perfectionist perfection perfecto song.

The Midnight extract was nice and calming. Man, had I only known what song was next, I would have had time to mentally prepare. But no, Charlie Brown hit me in the face like a pan. I wasn't ready for it!

Charlie Brown did indeed feel like getting hit with the G note (all you My Chemical Romance fans out there will relate). I took one look around the stadium and whispered Oh my god, unable to contain my amazement, open mouthed, seeing those thousands of souls, raising their hands. Their Xylobands were glowing in the dark so beautifully, and I don't think much on this earth will compare to that view. Just for a moment we were releasing all our differences and being one.

HFTW was crazy. Flames hit the air at the chorus and we felt the fire's heat which was crazy. Did I just say crazy twice? XD. During this song people were singing along quite a lot. And yes, I get it, it's a mainstream song but it was absolutely great to be there live, and have it in full volume blasting around and singing I, oh I, oh IIIIIIII!!!!

Okay, so the transition of HFTW to Fix You was one of the most beautiful transitions I have ever heard. Fix you was, as predicted, amazing. And very emotional, as well.

Then, without a warning, Viva La Vida suddenly knocked down the doors to let the sound in. All of a sudden Will was standing there, right in front of us, banging on the drum. Chris ran along the runway singing the first chorus. And, while everyone was watching him, I took my chance and jumped higher than ever, hands in the air waving, screaming the lyrics right at Will. And oh boy was that worth it. He looked up, saw me, and smiled at me for like a second or two and that was the most amazing two seconds of the whole night. It was such a genuine smile, it made me so happy! :D

[ATTACH=full]7142[/ATTACH]

Then, all of a sudden balloons came out of nowhere and were all flying around us for AOAL. The "Everybody get down" part was awesome. I got down right away, pulling down everyone around me, forgetting how to speak in French.

Stage C: OK SO THIS ALSO I WAS NOT EXPECTING. In my place. In my place! The song I wanted to hear live sooooo much! The Yeah of the crowd was so breathtaking. I'm so glad that they did the song.

AND THEN DON'T PANIC. But I was panicking because Will was singing and it was so cool and so beautiful and so nice to sing along ahhhhhhh.

So to my knowledge, because the show had started 10 minutes later due to technical difficulties, they didn't do the request song. We didn't know it then, but I was totally okay with the Lyon Song. I had been looking forward to Chris speaking in French so much that when he sang a whole song in French, it was like a wish come true. Regarding the request song not being played at all, I wasn't too disappointed as the request was basically the same request they did in most other concerts. Only talking for myself of course, I can understand others being upset about it. But I think that improv song made our concert special, especially because it was for us, and what I believed to be the answer to the Merci signs.

Then came the "Start the track Will" and it took a few seconds for us to realize it was Something Just Like This. I personally don't really like Chainsmokers music but I really got into the song because Chris Martin's voice is in it and I didn't want to not enjoy one of the songs, cause that's 3 minutes of the concert wasted. It was really fun to dance to, even though I was dying very much, legs aching, arms screaming.

Sky full of stars was okay. This was the ultimate song everyone was singing to, but at this point I was so done that I could barely stand or put up my hands. I still forced my. Maybe it also partially has to do something with the fact that this song meant the concert was coming to an end.

Finally, Up and Up. This was the last song and so I tried to stare at every band member without blinking, trying to take it in. The fireworks and confetti at the end were as great as ever. And then they bowed and before we knew it, they were gone, the credits rolling on the screen and the crowd chanting Viva La Vida while going out... And we were still singing as we were walking out of the stadium. And that was it. I remember sitting in the car, eyes closed, the two hours I had been waiting for during the whole year, gone, now only in memory and in the videos that had been filmed. I barely filmed anything though, because I wanted to see them with my own eyes.

I wish very much that Coldplay will come back one day. And when they do, you will find me at the stadium, music booming out of my phone, handing out signs and dancing, being the Luna Lovegood I always wish I could be... At least I hope so.

The End.

What an in depth and amazing review!