✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Soundcheck Mystery Songs Thread

jc90

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only posted it, as I cant hear it or even play it at my work computer. Can't wait to hear it at home, but I hope it isn't too much like DLIBYH. It was a bit overwhelming for me; they kinda overdid it with the wall of sound thing with that track and it sounded messy.

I only posted it, as I cant hear it or even play it at my work computer. Can't wait to hear it at home, but I hope it isn't too much like DLIBYH. It was a bit overwhelming for me; they kinda overdid it with the wall of sound thing with that track and it sounded messy.

i meant just a little bit in the melody, don't worry :P :D

It sounds like ASFOS (not that I think it's that but it sounds like it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, you know on my second listen i thought about this too. like DLIBYH and ASFOS

I know this one is old, and probably we will never know which song it is, but I would like to add to this thread this video from 2011. I searched this everywhere and I could not find it, but maybe you know if this is unreleased, or a cover... I don't know, anything.

Edit: Also, I'm posting an extended video of the Mystery Songs 3 and 4 (which I think they are the same).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7vzdgJBm74

• Like 1

So related to the mystery songs, two weeks ago in Brussels we had a spot near the C-stage. We could clearly photograph all the guitars stored underneath, but that's when we found something very interesting: inside the guitar storage box there were some printed list taped on the back. The lists contained songnames, and the guitar tunings. However, there are at least (100?) songs on there, in case they decide to play one of these. The thing is, there are also songs on that list that I've never even heard of before, or are already known as unreleased/mystery songs. I will not post the entire list here, since I don't know if that would be the right thing to do. I will post an excerpt:

[spoiler=Picture]

1281903988_WhatsAppImage2017-07-02at14_06.14(2).thumb.jpeg.39bc02986f7997ce42ada6d712b980a4.jpeg

2 versions of Up&Up, 3 of U.F.O? Wedding Bells and two mistery songs: Tomorrow and Vampire Symphony.

• Like 11

So related to the mystery songs, two weeks ago in Brussels we had a spot near the C-stage. We could clearly photograph all the guitars stored underneath, but that's when we found something very interesting: inside the guitar storage box there were some printed list taped on the back. The lists contained songnames, and the guitar tunings. However, there are at least (100?) songs on there, in case they decide to play one of these. The thing is, there are also songs on that list that I've never even heard of before, or are already known as unreleased/mystery songs. I will not post the entire list here, since I don't know if that would be the right thing to do. I will only post one smalle excerpt:

[spoiler=Picture]

[ATTACH=full]7090[/ATTACH]

2 versions of Up&Up, 3 of U.F.O? Wedding Bells and two mistery songs: Tomorrow and Vampire Symphony.

ooooooooOOOOOOooh interesting indeed

Vampire Symphony fuck yes, that sounds like a System Of A Down song \m/

Tomorrow is listed on ASCAP https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace/search/workID/883227239

• Like 3

So related to the mystery songs, two weeks ago in Brussels we had a spot near the C-stage. We could clearly photograph all the guitars stored underneath, but that's when we found something very interesting: inside the guitar storage box there were some printed list taped on the back. The lists contained songnames, and the guitar tunings. However, there are at least (100?) songs on there, in case they decide to play one of these. The thing is, there are also songs on that list that I've never even heard of before, or are already known as unreleased/mystery songs. I will not post the entire list here, since I don't know if that would be the right thing to do. I will post an excerpt:

[spoiler=Picture]

[ATTACH=full]7090[/ATTACH]

are there more songs listed out of the 100 that we havent heard of? or are the rest listed just old ones?

OK so what was this??? Now that we've heard all the EP songs, I can't place this as being part of any. I loved this mystery song, bummer if it never appears anywhere.

I was thinking the same. I'm sad because I loved this sound too...

• Like 1

I know, I was so excited for a piano ballad. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving ALIENS, but just sad we have the whole EP and this piano song is nowhere to be seen. It sounded fairly developed and not just something he was fiddling around with.

OK so what was this??? Now that we've heard all the EP songs, I can't place this as being part of any. I loved this mystery song, bummer if it never appears anywhere.

I know, I was so excited for a piano ballad. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving ALIENS, but just sad we have the whole EP and this piano song is nowhere to be seen. It sounded fairly developed and not just something he was fiddling around with.

LP8

:escaping:

• Like 2

LP8

:escaping:

Well now between this thought and how much I love ALIENS, Hypnotised and AICTAIY, my bar is probably gonna be WAY too high for the next album haha. Seriously though it makes me really happy that this kind of stuff still turns up, on top of some new sounds and directions.

• Like 3