✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How do you get setlists?

The_Blue_Room

I've always been curious about plectrums? Are Coldplay the type to throw them into the audience? I've so far gotten one from Matt Bellamy and Alex Turner so this would round out my fave collection [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep I saw Jonny throwing one into the crowd yesterday. A crew member also randomly put one in my friend's hand

• Like 3

I asked one of the security man.

He had been standing in front of me all evening. Sometimes you are lucky. [emoji4]

I saw your post in the other thread, you are very lucky! :)

I tried in Stockholm last year from multiple security guys and roadies, nobody didn't want to give one o_O I'm going to try again this year at both shows in Sweden.

• Like 2

You rip them from the hands of unsuspecting fangirls.

No but seriously, it can be tough at a big show like this. You'll need some luck and often a friendly roadie or security person. Just ask them and remain polite. Obviously it helps to be front row, which is more challenging than ever with the early entry nonsense.

• Like 1

Finally! After three gigs and asking literally tens upon tens of security guys and crew members I got one!302f90dd7aabfc2d8396957c5cdc6bef.jpg

I'm guessing Video Transmission or something along the lines for the request video to be played?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Amazingly I got a setlist from Cardiff and last night at Stade! I asked for the one in Cardiff and the security guard was amazing about it, he recognized me the night after too haha

And at Stade I didn't even ask, crew just walked straight up and shoved it in my hand.

• Like 1

does anyone know what V.T. could possible mean?

I'm guessing Video Transmission or something along the lines for the request video to be played?

Yeah I guess it could mean the Instagram request "video tape", seems to be fitting at least.

I've always wondered this: who are the roadies and what do they do exactly? I'm so embarrassed for not knowing this... sorry guys :expressionless:

I'm not 100% sure either :joy: but I guess that means the Coldplay's tour guys that are not these venue's security staff or such, so they tour always with the band. If someone is interested in getting a setlist, I really recommend asking other people than security staff (never worked for me), ie. sound engineers, cameramen, technicians etc. In Sweden, the Coldplay's roadies had black hoodies if I remember right

• Like 1

I got my setlist from venue security in Cardiff. I wrote it in massive letters in the Snapchat app and just showed it to him since he couldn't hear me at all through the show. Gave it to me at the end when the lights went up.

In Paris a Coldplay crew roadie literally slammed it into my hands when I didn't even ask. They wear black shirts or hoods with the Flower of Life on it.

• Like 1

Haven't seen him doing that for ages, really... Your friend was very lucky then !

I think he's been doing it more often recently

Yep. She had a sign, apparently that helps: there's a crew member (totally forgot how she looks) who loves people with signs, she gave at least one other fan a plectrum too!

• Like 1

A sign helps indeed. I made a quick one in Paris and taped it on the barrier.

It didn't take very long before a roadie spontaneously gave me one. [emoji4]

His face was looking familiar (from Instagram story?) and I've been trying to find his name. I think he might be responsible for camera work. He was talking to the lady that operates the camera crane.

• Like 1

I got the drumsticks from Will Champion,im happy with it ,now we gonna make something to put the two drumsticks on and put it on the wall ,just his signature is missing.but I know that they absolute for 100% from Will ore the band.love it .The chief from the roadies give them to me,I could believe it.Picture is follow ;)

• Like 1

I got the drumsticks from Will Champion,im happy with it ,now we gonna make something to put the two drumsticks on and put it on the wall ,just his signature is missing.but I know that they absolute for 100% from Will ore the band.love it .The chief from the roadies give them to me,I could believe it.Picture is follow ;)

Wow, you are very lucky, congratulations! I hope I will be able to get Will's drumstick one day too :)

• Like 1