✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New registered Coldplay songs!

FrankSchepers

Hey Guys,

So this whas just a post from me to announce that a song whas added to the repertory of Johny somewhere in April. But I decided to edit it to a post where we can all share our thoughts on new registered songs and bump each other if a new song got added.

You can check if a new song is registered on ASCAP:

https://www.ascap.com/

Simply press the button "Repertory" in the menu, then select "writer" in the search bar and fill in any band member's full name. (If you don't know the exact names, check them at the bottom of this post.)

If you see a different number then the last time you checked it, it means a new song got added! Then the searching starts, which one. Some people are really talented and know how all the register numbers work so they can find it out. But I recommend you guys to simply download the repertory and if a new song got added download it again, copy and paste it next to it, and check where it doesn't match anymore!

The first song that got added in a long time was "Conscious Pilot", it was only added to Will and Johny. So it may happen that not all members are listed.

Sometimes I will post a counter with all the current numbers of songs registered by each member, so if you forgot you can always scroll back and check it.

List of all names:

BUCKLAND JONATHAN MARK

CHAMPION WILLIAM

BERRYMAN GUY RUPERT

MARTIN CHRISTOPHER ANTHONY JOHN

(Just copy and paste those names in the field with caps and everything)

Good luck everyone, let's keep the hope living

7dbcbf7c7e43a19d6c43448d806d16e4

• Like 5

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I just had a look

So had I :)

I tried the names of the other members of Coldplay and found out that under the heading 'Writers' there are indeed 216 songs listed for Jonathan Buckland. There are equally 216 songs listed for William Champion. There are 253 songs listed for Guy Berryman and 274 songs for Christopher Anthony Martin.

We all know that Chris sometimes writes songs for other performers than Coldplay, but did Guy really write so many songs for performers outside Coldplay?

Unfortunately we don't know how many songs were listed for Guy and Chris two days ago. Then we would know whether the new song is one written by Jonny and Will or by all four of them.

• Like 3

Gonna say that Conscious Pilot is a really interesting name. Hopefully the song's as good as the title, but then again All I Can Think About Is You had a terrible sounding pop name but ended up being one of their more experimental songs in a long while. Let's just wait and see whether we're even gonna hear it because remember, there were some registered songs that we never got to hear.....

• Like 5

Gonna say that Conscious Pilot is a really interesting name. Hopefully the song's as good as the title, but then again All I Can Think About Is You had a terrible sounding pop name but ended up being one of their more experimental songs in a long while. Let's just wait and see whether we're even gonna hear it because remember, there were some registered songs that we never got to hear.....

The race, Vitamins, Etc... Heard some demo's.. such good songs!

So had I :)

I tried the names of the other members of Coldplay and found out that under the heading 'Writers' there are indeed 216 songs listed for Jonathan Buckland. There are equally 216 songs listed for William Champion. There are 253 songs listed for Guy Berryman and 274 songs for Christopher Anthony Martin.

We all know that Chris sometimes writes songs for other performers than Coldplay, but did Guy really write so many songs for performers outside Coldplay?

Unfortunately we don't know how many songs were listed for Guy and Chris two days ago. Then we would know whether the new song is one written by Jonny and Will or by all four of them.

He wrote songs for Apparatjik. Apparatjik has about 30-35 different songs. That makes Guy 218.

• Like 1

Apparently they're registered on the PRS database

Thanks.

It seems as if Jonny, Will and Phil are up to something. Phil has sold his house in Malibu and has returned to London. Probably Guy will join them. Today is the last day of Synchro Sunday, so after that he has more time to join them in the Bakery. And Chris? It seems he is going on with his gap year or years. It was him who said during the AHFOD tour that it was the end of a circle and a finale. The other three never said that. So they are now eager to go on.

Let's hope the conscious pilot will steer their plane to new horizons with new music.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
I just do not believe they would do anything without Chris, we have seen it ourselves; they are brothers. I don't think they are "up to something". I wouldn't be surprised to see new Coldplay late 2019 early 2020.

I totally agree.

Does anyone remember the titles I Trust Life and Paparazzi? They have IDs that start with 896092 like I Love Jim from the AHFOD film.

Edit: Definitely not these two, because Jonny still has 216 songs registered, so the two we are looking for have only Chris listed...

• Like 2

Registered songs counter:

Johny 216

Guy 253

Will 216

Chris 276

It will be easier if we make a screenshot of every page from each member, if a new song gets added we can find it faster ;)

I see there is a "download catalog" function so I will be downloading it from each member, I recommend you to do so too.

Also: I renamed and edited the post to match the current subject

I see there is a "download catalog" function so I will be downloading it from each member, I recommend you to do so too.

I downloaded it from Chris and found out that there are about 55 songs where his name appears without that of the rest of the band. But then ASCAP also lists songs by other people with the names of 'Chris Martin' or 'Christopher Martin' even though I downloaded songs only for 'Christopher Anthony John Martin'. On that list there are about 20 songs which cannot really be tracked down to anybody and of which nothing is known as to their date of registration. So we'll just have to wait.

Registered songs counter:

Johny 216

Guy 253

Will 216

Chris 276

It will be easier if we make a screenshot of every page from each member, if a new song gets added we can find it faster ;)

Thanks, that makes it a lot easier indeed....

• Like 1

It's 2 songs registered under the wrong Chris Martin.

Going Home and Whine

There are more than 2 songs registered under the wrong Chris Martin. So that doesn't prove anything.

Poor you, stop whining.

'Life is beautiful in all its colors, even the darker ones, they’re here for a reason.' :)