✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New registered Coldplay songs!

FrankSchepers

Are you sure?

Yes, certain.

There are more than 2 songs registered under the wrong Chris Martin. So that doesn't prove anything.

Poor you, stop whining.

'Life is beautiful in all its colors, even the darker ones, they’re here for a reason.' :)

Yes it does. I know what i'm talking about, especially when it comes to that database. The 2 new songs are Going Home and Whine, both are definitely co-written by the rapper not the Coldplay member. Your attitude and ignorance pisses me off actually.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, certain.

Yes it does. I know what i'm talking about, especially when it comes to that database. The 2 new songs are Going Home and Whine, both are definitely co-written by the rapper not the Coldplay member. Your attitude and ignorance pisses me off actually.

Ah I thought it might be heaven

So just just a quick question.

I haven't been around for too long as a fan (only 3-4 years) and I was wondering how the time between other albums was. What did you see / hear about the band? how was the proces of songs being registered to ascap? How long was the avarage time between registered songs and release? What did you hear before (for example midnight or other singles) were released to introduce an album? Were the guys still active in their personal life, like Guy is with cars. Or did they just just record and do nothing else (like an 8-5 job)?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I'm really curious. Does anyone know these things?

So just just a quick question.

I haven't been around for too long as a fan (only 3-4 years) and I was wondering how the time between other albums was. What did you see / hear about the band? how was the proces of songs being registered to ascap? How long was the avarage time between registered songs and release? What did you hear before (for example midnight or other singles) were released to introduce an album? Were the guys still active in their personal life, like Guy is with cars. Or did they just just record and do nothing else (like an 8-5 job)?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I'm really curious. Does anyone know these things?

I think it depends on the album. With Mylo we knew almost all of the songs before it was released as they toured it. A few songs were known from documentaries in the Bakery and Beehive for MX and GS. Generally, songs that end up in an album are registered just after their first live performance or the release of the album. Most of the time the band doesn't reveal anything about an upcoming album except maybe the title. About one month before the release is when we get the first teasers and a glimpse of their new tour clothing and the promotional single. For Ghost Stories, if I remember correctly, there was nothing that hinted at Midnight, there was just speculation on the forums about LP6. With AHFOD we just knew the title and nothing else a year prior, the first teaser were posters of the flower of life that were found in big cities around the world with the date "December 4th", around November. With KEP we knew about the EP's name 9 months earlier, but we learned more only one month before the release. They generally don't show up a lot between albums and Guy's car racing habits are something recent. They were showing up publicly only maybe to play for a few festivals.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I think it depends on the album. With Mylo we knew almost all of the songs before it was released as they toured it. A few songs were known from documentaries in the Bakery and Beehive for MX and GS. Generally, songs that end up in an album are registered just after their first live performance or the release of the album. Most of the time the band doesn't reveal anything about an upcoming album except maybe the title. About one month before the release is when we get the first teasers and a glimpse of their new tour clothing and the promotional single. For Ghost Stories, if I remember correctly, there was nothing that hinted at Midnight, there was just speculation on the forums about LP6. With AHFOD we just knew the title and nothing else a year prior, the first teaser were posters of the flower of life that were found in big cities around the world with the date "December 4th", around November. With KEP we knew about the EP's name 9 months earlier, but we learned more only one month before the release. They generally don't show up a lot between albums and Guy's car racing habits are something recent. They were showing up publicly only maybe to play for a few festivals.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ah so it ain't an exception that we don't hear anything from them (except some songs with Chris). Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A small of video of guy talking about LP 8! The guy asking the question said after this twitter clip ended "if only we knew". Which may change some perspectives of some of you.

Also, a new Chris song will be released today! Check the twitter for the times. It will happen on Avicii's channel on Youtube.

[MEDIA=twitter]1136583979904225280[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/glassofjonny/status/1136583979904225280?s=19

• Like 3

A small of video of guy talking about LP 8! The guy asking the question said after this twitter clip ended "if only we knew". Which may change some perspectives of some of you.

Also, a new Chris song will be released today! Check the twitter for the times. It will happen on Avicii's channel on Youtube.

[MEDIA=twitter]1136583979904225280[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/glassofjonny/status/1136583979904225280?s=19

Does he really have time to be working on a new album? Seems like he's always doing something with cars nowadays...

Does he really have time to be working on a new album? Seems like he's always doing something with cars nowadays...

Well a few weeks ago or so, they all were in London. And they've got other studios to record in around the world.

And as know... Chris is always busy writing new tracks!

Well a few weeks ago or so, they all were in London. And they've got other studios to record in around the world.

And as know... Chris is always busy writing new tracks!

And let's not forget "concious pilot" and the guitar behind Chris. (And it seems to me that Guy is hinting us)

I sometimes have a look at Guy's instagram account, and it is always about cars. He went to Monte Carlo, now he is in Italy taking part in a Rallye, besides he repairs cars and is the director of a new car magazine. He seems to have absolutely no time for music. What Chris is doing we don't know, He was in London just for a few days. I think Will and Jonny are musically the most creative band members at the moment with their 'Conscious Pilot'. New music by the four of them seems to be far away.

• Like 2

I sometimes have a look at Guy's instagram account, and it is always about cars. He went to Monte Carlo, now he is in Italy taking part in a Rallye, besides he repairs cars and is the director of a new car magazine. He seems to have absolutely no time for music. What Chris is doing we don't know, He was in London just for a few days. I think Will and Jonny are musically the most creative band members at the moment with their 'Conscious Pilot'. New music by the four of them seems to be far away.

But why is Guy acting so suspicous then? If they are not doing anything with music, then he could've just said no and it would be sad, but the harsh truth for us. Now everyone is hoping and waiting for music and not hearing anything but some hints that there may be something in the making

• Like 2

But why is Guy acting so suspicous then? If they are not doing anything with music, then he could've just said no and it would be sad, but the harsh truth for us. Now everyone is hoping and waiting for music and not hearing anything but some hints that there may be something in the making

Guy has always been able to deliver deadpan non-answers. Let's be honest -- we know there will be another Coldplay album, and I'd be shocked if there wasn't at least one more Coldplay/Los Unidades thing by the end of 2019. They've been in studio, something is going to happen, eventually... Let's keep an eye on these livestreams in case something else slips :)

I don't think Guy's car excursions have anything to do with Coldplay or his music. It's just another big piece of his life and doesn't necessarily reflect on his musical efforts/talents. I have my professional job but when I have time off I have other hobbys/obsessions too. Plus, Apparatjik had much more creative musical ideas than Coldplay.

We're just too starved for news :( One thing I look forward to is the next Global Citizen Festival announcement? They usually have on in the Fall in NY and Chris is usually a part of that. Maybe a Global Citizen EP 2? I'm down for that.

• Like 5

One thing I look forward to is the next Global Citizen Festival announcement? They usually have on in the Fall in NY and Chris is usually a part of that. Maybe a Global Citizen EP 2? I'm down for that.

There just was a big Global Citizen Festival in Berlin on May 21st, but neither Chris nor the other members of Coldplay took part in it.

• Like 2

Total overview (as promised):

I highlighted the most important things!

Coldplay said that they would be full of suprises and the end of the tour.

Chris Martin said AHFOD was definitelly not the end of Coldplay.

It remained silent for a long time on all social media, but after a long time they started tweeting and released a documentory and a live album. Since then, they didn't leave social media.

Guy joined instagram, which will be relevent in an other point on the list.

Phil's mother tweeted this and the beginning of this year:

Coldplay's "Touring and recording" piano was up for maintainance and had some exciting messages written on the box.

A new song called "Concious pilot" was registered to ASCAP.

This year, the boys returned multiple times to the studio and the shutters of The Bakery are more often open.

New Chris Martin material got released (Izzy Bizu & Aviccii)

Guy talked about a potential upcoming album and reacted really sarcastic to the question and is almost confirming a new album (our beloved LP8).

Please hit me up if I did something wrong or forgot something

• Like 7

Thanks for the overview. It gives us some hope there will be a new album.

I think the song 'Consciour Pilot' is really an interesting hint. Jonny and Will are up to something.

However, Coldplay playing at the Heineken Jammin' Festival seems to be just a rumour. There were similar rumours about them playing at Slane Castle in Ireland and at a festival in Rome. If they really intended to play at the Heineken Festival that would be announced in bold black letters, because it would be such great news.

Chris indeed went to London in May for two or three days, because he visited a show performed by his youngest sister there, and he met Jonny to watch a football match. I don't think the four of them had time to record anything.

Besides, it was reported that Chris has just split up with Dakota Johnson. So he will surely be depressed, and I don't think the three others will be willing to produce another album like 'Ghost Stories' with their lead singer falling into deep depression. They are probably fed up with his moods. Guy's answer was enigmatic, I can't believe he was really hinting at a new album.

So I hope for the 'Conscious Pilot'. It's only Jonny and Will, but it will surely be interesting.

• Like 4

I can’t comment on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are hiding something Stephen! I hope it's for a good reason. I'm eager of a release and it would be perfect, if it was a surprise release in Summer!
  • Like 4