✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Church - Sunrise

Coeurli

Maybe the most U2'ish song of the album and maybe of their whole career? I don't know if add Trouble In Town, Guns, Champion Of The World and Flags to it, and maybe two songs of Mylo Xyloto: Major Minus and Don't Let It Break Your Heart. And obviously all the whole album of AROBTTH, and especially some songs, could remember to U2's post 2000 era.

• Like 3

Wow Church is great!!

Has anyone noticed that Everyday Life is very similar, and even some samples on Church are used on Everyday Life aswell? (E.g. the sample exactly on 2:00).

I don't hear it :laughing:

I mean, the part is in the same tone as EL but that's all I can hear....

• Like 1

Maybe the most U2'ish song of the album and maybe of their whole career? I don't know if add Trouble In Town and Flags to it, and maybe two songs of Mylo Xyloto: Major Minus and Don't Let It Break Your Heart.

When I was around 8 I recall discovering Joshua Tree through my older cousin's cassettes, smuggling it out to my house, and listening to it over and over until I finally had to sneak it back. I felt like I had found sonic gold. I love that Coldplay always gives me a bit of that feeling, and certainly this song does too. Hell a lot of this album.

Wow Church is great!!

Has anyone noticed that Everyday Life is very similar, and even some samples on Church are used on Everyday Life aswell? (E.g. the sample exactly on 2:00).

YES! The verses of Everyday Life and Church have the same progression (I haven't checked if the same key), and indeed Jonny's guitar part in the second verse are like the swelling synth part in Church. And funnily, both songs sound exactly like Porcelain by Moby:

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Church is such a memorable moment of the album, I love it. It's one of the most "Coldplay" songs of the album (several songs don't seem to truly feature the whole band, as opposed to other songs , like Church). Definitely has a U2 sound to it! I could see this song played on the b-stage during future tours. The chorus is brilliant. My favourite part is the last verse, I wish they had doubled it or something, I wish it was a tad longer because the melody is catchy af and really cool. Plus the gorgeous Arabic verse, which genuinely adds depth to the song and saves it from being too Coldplay. Norah's voice is hauntingly beautiful.

I also love how it's actually a love song, entitled Church and with actual Arabic lyrics...The minds... Find yourself another major mainstream band who would do that!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Well after 2 months of wearing out this album . I can officially say church started lower on my list and has risen to the top .. just a simple love song opening the album , when he says “ what can I get through to everyone everywhere “ it’s just setting the intent for the rest !! Love it

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• 1 year later...