✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Church - Sunrise

Coeurli

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm trying to connect this song with the rest of the album but I still struggle to do that. Does anybody has an idea of who is he talking to in this song? A person that he loves, someone who is dead and he miss a lot, maybe god?

It would be weird to call God "baby". I think what he tries to say is that when he's hurt, no church can heal him like his significant other. He feels like his lover is his "church".

• Like 3

It would be weird to call God "baby". I think what he tries to say is that when he's hurt, no church can heal him like his significant other. He feels like his lover is his "church".

Thanks a lot! Your interpretation is very clear. Now I get how is this connected with the rest of the album. Certainly, in our Everyday Life we all have someone we rely on when we desperate need help. Also, it fit with the filosofy behind Bani Adam.

• Like 2

So the only lyrics in the album I haven't been able to decipher are in arabic towards the end of this song:

Screenshot_20191119-102554__01__01-01.thumb.jpeg.4060a7aef01be63cad5bdf32ff117824.jpeg

Handwriting is definitely a problem and this is what I get on the translator software:

A market with so much or substance?

Oh, mother

Freedom or God

That or God...

I'm really not sure this is correct so maybe someone here knows or has a better way to translate these lyrics.

• Like 1

So the only lyrics in the album I haven't been able to decipher are in arabic towards the end of this song:

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9726]9726[/ATTACH]

Handwriting is definitely a problem and this is what I get on the translator software:

I'm really not sure this is correct so maybe someone here knows or has a better way to translate these lyrics.

I've definitely deciphered Ya Allah (يا الله)... Which is O God. And I believe إبى Abi also which is my father, maybe it is Father, O God? I also see a question being asked with li madha (لماذا ترلتنى ؟) ... When I Google translate this part it says، why did you leave me? But not sure if I'm getting the other word correct due to this style of Arabic writing it is not the clear type. So the letters are difficult to see.

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9726]9726[/ATTACH]

Screenshot_20191122-165908.thumb.jpg.4d2813eb99b8375a8822a4fddc5d3929.jpghere you go! A proper translation

• Like 3

I've heard a lot of people don't like this song. It is one of my favorites. I love the atmospheric sounds, the guitars, the vocals, the Arabic singing. While some might think the analogy is cringy I find it swoony.

I totally agree with you! I also think that Church fits perfectly between Sunrise and Trouble in Town. Those three songs float perfectly over in one another i think.

• Like 2