✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

WOTW / POTP - Sunrise

Coeurli

Now that we have the official track list, we can discuss each track individually!

What do you think the 6th track of Sunrise/Everyday life will sound like ?

:sunrise:

What does the title stand for ? Are we thinking double track or simply double title for the same track ?

• Like 1

Aaaah yes, totally makes sense, especially with what Chris has been saying : he keeps mentionning he records EVERYTHING he hears, and I think in the Annie Mac interview they mention that there are some of these recordings in the album.

• Like 3

Not sure what to think of this one. Maybe a five minute track composed of one 4 minute track like Army Of One that's upbeat, talking about how cool the world is and then maybe like a 1-minute audio clip/instrumental of someone talking about bringing "Power to the People" ?

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if the track will have the name in full on the album or just the acronym, since the Japanese Amazon has revealed the title of the acronym. I really want it to have a full name on the official release anyway, is much better like "Wonder of the World / Power of the People"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, I could not understand what Chris was saying until I had the lyrics in front of me.

hopefully there is a version somewhere that’s more finished than this because it seems like it’s a demo.

When reading the lyrics while listening it seems like he is saying more than what is included in the CD booklet? Or is he just mumbling, speaking so softly I am just having a hard time understanding?

I am annoyed by the unfinished quality of this song

The point of the song is that it's unfinished! Chris said it was recorded as a voice memo on his phone. That's why we have unfinished lyrics in the booklet.

Makes sense. Chris said from the iTunes interview how it was from... "the last day of our last tour, in Buenos Aries. I didn't have the confidence to show it to the band as a song. But eventually they said just put the voice memo on. I don't know if that means they don't like it, but they let it through" :tired_face:

ugh, I wish they said no until it was more finished.

EDIT ** So I just watched the Live In Jordan version of this.... i do love Chris playing it acoustically on his guitar. I will gladly take that!

• Like 2

I’m a bit slow with these things but on first listening I don’t see how the live version is considered finished as it sounds so much like the studio/demo version.

Anyone can point out the difference to me? :D

In the studio version, Chris is rambling for most of it. In the live version however, he actually finished the lyrics and therefore sings it all!

I LOVE how they gave us an actual draft, a demo, that's really cool. Haven't we been begging them for demos anyway?

The tune is so sweet. It feels like Chris is somewhere in the world and you're next to him while he's randomly playing guitar...So cool...

Would definitely love to have a transcript of the lyrics from the Jordan stream though!

• Like 4

In the studio version, Chris is rambling for most of it. In the live version however, he actually finished the lyrics and therefore sings it all!

Ah gotcha!

I could hardly hear the lyrics in the studio version so I didn’t even notice that he’s rambling for most of it. Lol.