✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When I Need A Friend - Sunrise

Coeurli

Was said in the BBC interview that this one is very emotional right? I expect this one to be a piano ballad, that talks about needing friends after being displaced. Talking about a person that still gives hope to someone after being displaced/traumatised.

• Like 2

As much as I love their ballad's, the band hasn't really put out a good emotional one since O. There was nothing in VLV and Up in Flames was crap. And all their ballads have been too simple and weepy for me. Haha.

So I'm hoping this one is more like Amsterdam or even Fix You.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's the story behind the man that speaks at the end of this song. His name was Agustin Lopez Pacheco and was featured in a short documentary film back in 2012 about his dream of building a helicopter at his home in a small town in Honduras. He was a very religious man but at the same time he was sadled with disabilty from an early age as he was born with polio. Unfortunately he passed away some time ago but his story lives on in the way of this short film.

If you don't like the sample with his voice maybe watch the video. I feel like I understand why Chris wanted to include it in the record as a way of saying that maybe everything around us is great and everything is terrible so we get to take in the best things and go on. After all that's everyday life.

• Like 7

BY FAR one of my favourites on the album!!!

To me it's breahtakingly beautiful, and also kind of Christmas-y?

The lyrics, the choir, the speech.... I love everything in this song

It's a perfect example of them experimenting with different sounds (church choir, speech) and they just make it work within a Coldplay album....It should not be a Coldplay song and yet it is, and it makes sense.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Just came by to once again praise this absolute grandiose piece of music. Maybe I have gone mad but everytime I hear this song my mind goes to so many places. Good places.

Anyway just wanted to say that. So fucking amazing.

Take care.