✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2019-11-02 Coldplay Live on Saturday Night Live (SNL)

I ran away

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@kcp yeah they usually use backing tracks for that kind of stuff, I think I heard some other voices in Orphans but it might have been Will or something else because I didn't notice the "kid fullness" of the studio version.

When's Jordan? When looking up Everyday Life to try to find the track I found that they announced the livestreams for it (and I think I heard something about that before that too).

Huh......... Expected the song to be longer.

I think there's something missing from the song but what is there is very touching............

Yep, we all seem to be on the same page there haha. Either something is missing and they're with-holding it on purpose, or they missed the mark with that ending.

Must say, that performance was lovely though with just the 4 of them. Very raw, reaching back a little.

• Like 2

Huh......... Expected the song to be longer.

I think there's something missing from the song but what is there is very touching............

I totally feel you on that one, when the bass and the drums come in the verse should be twice as long, it shouldn't just go straight to the chorus, that part is just too good, hits deep inside.

• Like 2

@TomRiver I totally agree with the rawness of the performance. Really liked that.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks there's something missing or they're withholding something on purpose. At least I wasn't even biased and agreeing with everyone else this time, just turns out my opinion lines up with everyone else's

• Like 1

By a longer gradual outro I think they should have done something like Everything's not Lost where they go back into a more energized version of the chorus and then slowly have some ambient effects at the end then it just slowly stops. Makes me think this song actually sounds like a modern version of that!

• Like 1

@oliviyya wouldn't surprise me if they were forced to shorten it. and I hope that's the case. Sounds like they should just keep saying hallelujah over and over again! Doesn't feel complete without that.

cut off about 30s from beginning it seems and lol of ending but you guys aren't missing much that's different from performance

I’ll be the one to disagree lol we’ll agree and disagree .. I was kinda waiting for it to get a bit more intense in the song .. however the ending was perfect imo ....you wake up to a new day and quietly say halaluigh.. I get it .. I felt it .. a simple yet again Impactful message .. I don’t think it needed the build .. maybe I’m just trying hard to love it .. which I do . If that’s the final message of the album it’s very fitting .