✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What are you doing in Quarantine?

Divutian

So, with all this COVID 19 stuff happening, I would like to know what my fellow Coldplayers are doing while in Quarantine. I'm not currently in it since I live in a regional area. Anyway, I would just like to know what you are doing!

• Like 1

I've been riding my bike a lot, watching movies, doing homework, listening to music, and sleeping. I've just been doing pretty much everything I normally do. The only difference is that I stay home instead of going to school which I think is nice because it's easier to get all my work done right away. Plus I can do work with my birds on my shoulders. I think they really enjoy being with me all day instead of being locked up in a cage while I'm at school.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Ooh what kind of bird do you have @coldplaymakesmyday ?

@Divutian - I have to work from home so I do pretty much the same things as before, except that it's all more tense and there is nowhere to go out to.

If you're looking for something to do, check out our #TogetherAtHomeProject ! We're doing a medley of rare Coldplay songs:

[MEDIA=twitter]1239906423120760833[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/I_Ran_Away/status/1239906423120760833?s=20

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not enough...my college campus closed so I had to go home. It's been harder to find motivation to do schoolwork. Although I like the internet for things like Coldplaying, I'm an extrovert who isn't the biggest fan of texting or online learning so this hasn't been great academically or socially. But I'm lucky I'm not fighting for my life in a hospital somewhere and I have a place to go home to. I've been trying to get back into running, watching Parks and Rec and although I usually hate cooking I have the weirdest urge to cook something. Any suggestions for a beginner?

Edited by Carolina*
  • Like 3

being temporarily unemployed because the company I work for is 95% closed ...but luckily I still live with my parents so I don't have to worry about any financial stuff. I ended up taking up running again, partly to have an excuse to go outside I have to admit.

feels like life is just paused, really. I'm an introvert who's used to friends living too far away to be able to see them irl often (that's largely this forum's fault) so for now the weirdest thing is my social battery never runs out lol

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I have come to terms with the situation pretty well, in the meantime. Even though life at home with a difficult, emotionally/verbally abusive person is hard, I've come to see it as an opportunity to save up for money for spring/summer 2021, when I can use it for a lot of traveling (and hopefully for going to Coldplay concerts).

Edited by I ran away
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, I ran away said:

I have come to terms with the situation pretty well, in the meantime. Even though life at home with a difficult, emotionally/verbally abusive person is hard, I've come to see it as an opportunity to save up for money for spring/summer 2021, when I can use it for a lot of traveling (and hopefully for going to Coldplay concerts).

that's great! Just know if you are ever unhappy, this whole community is here for each other.

I've been working on some art alongside with piano. This is one:

(i took it with my macbook camera so the image is mediocre)

Photo on 11-4-20 at 2.45 PM.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/30/2020 at 11:11 AM, stephen said:

You’re looking at what I’ve been doing during quarantine! Coldplaying is now running on a new server and platform.

Yeah, i love the update! It's so much easier to navigate and much cleaner too. Thanks Stephen!

I work in facilities at a children's hosptial, so we're still an essential service and im still going to work. It sucks not seeing friends and coworkers in person, but we are keeping in touch virtually via videochat and playing games online. The drive to work has gone from 60 mins to 30 though, so thats a plus. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Divutian said:

that's great! Just know if you are ever unhappy, this whole community is here for each other.

I've been working on some art alongside with piano. This is one:

(i took it with my macbook camera so the image is mediocre)

Photo on 11-4-20 at 2.45 PM.jpg

That looks really GREAT!!! Can you make one with ''Life in Technicolor ii'' ??? :classic_ohmy:

Edited by Gideon_Mx

15 hours ago, Gideon_Mx said:

That looks really GREAT!!! Can you make one with ''Life in Technicolor ii'' ??? :classic_ohmy:

i might just write "in technicolor ii" under it in cursive. It was anyways fairly easy. Take some craft paper tape that you can peel off later and put it on a canvas. Then, take some partly thinned acrylic paint on a brush and fling it around on top of the canvas. Do that a bunch of times with colours and peel off the tape. Then put it up!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nearly all the time I've just stayed at home. I've been resting, listening to music, studying, frequenting this forum, talking to my friends through social media, dealing with problems in my private life, doing a plenty of self-reflection, watching Breaking Bad and the recordings of past biathlon races... Just doing stuff I would usually do if I had a school break. ?

On 3/22/2020 at 12:48 PM, I ran away said:

Ooh what kind of bird do you have @coldplaymakesmyday ?

@Divutian - I have to work from home so I do pretty much the same things as before, except that it's all more tense and there is nowhere to go out to.

If you're looking for something to do, check out our #TogetherAtHomeProject ! We're doing a medley of rare Coldplay songs:

[MEDIA=twitter]1239906423120760833[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/I_Ran_Away/status/1239906423120760833?s=20

Oh sorry I didn't see your message earlier! I haven't been as active lately. But I have a green cheeked conure named Silvee and a yellow-sided conure named Cali ?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

thought i'd revive this thread to discuss whether we are actually still in quarentine. i sure am, but life is slooowwly getting back to normal. i'm able to go to school in person a few days a week, and sports are off-and-on depending on the restrictions my state puts into place. during quarentine i've been baking a lot and switching to open source software. i made a really cool vanilla-chocolate marble cake for my brother's birthday recently

• Like 2

That cake sounds amazing!

I've been baking a more too, my husband celebrated his birthday recently. He requested that I make homemade applesauce-spiced cupcakes with coconut sugar frosting.  The frosting recipe I found called for butter so it has a slight caramel flavor. 

Been off and on parenting and temporarily being a stay at home Mom.

Want to pursue more creative tasks on my off time... sadly I find myself constantly going onto YouTube. 

Did force myself to wake at 5:30am today and starting painting. Just need to do more of that when I can.

Super hyped for Coldplay live performance on May 9th, Mothers Day. Been following this band since 2001 or so at least. 

Feel they are my extended family kinda. Hope I like 'Higher Power' but over the years I'm come to realize if the song is not for me I'll still be around. I want to see them doing their thing and being talented musicians. It's fun fun to follow their journey and for me to sorta grow up with them too.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

yup. I'm always amazed to hear oldplayers talk about when they first found out about the band, more often it's before I was even born! my mom also just recently went back to work, and during quarantine she did the stay at home mom thing for a while and I sure was a handful. I appreciate everything she does for me, even when i'm being angsty. mm those cupcakes sound delicious. my mom has the BEST buttercream frosting recipe that i've been making (and eating) all the time.

• Like 1