✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Coldplay ever Tour Again?

Greetings All first of all im brand new here so if this topic isnt allowed or if its already a topic somewhere else on the forum im really sorry i didnt see it......i was wondering if anyone thinks that Coldplay will Tour again i remember reading an article when Everyday life came out that said basicly Coldplay would never tour again because of enviromental concerns. So if there getting ready to release LP9 what are the chances there will be a World tour?

I am quite confused with what you mention, since as we saw a few days ago, they were recording, and they used pyrotechnics, which also pollutes (and if I'm not wrong they haven't done it like that) and I also think they still couldn't have found another solution, but something big is coming, since I have seen a great change regarding the advertising of EL, So I hope there is a tour soon 

Will they tour again ? Yes.

The message during EL was that they did not want to tour that album and especially they wanted to reconsider the way that they organize their tours, over environmental concerns.

They will definitely tour again. Now I'm not sure they're going to deliver so well on their environmental promises given that the Xylobands seem to be potentially making a comeback (based on Xylobands social media), but we'll see!

They clearly intend to have a big tour for LP9 so it will be interesting to see what they change or implement during that tour.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

They will certainly tour again, it's effectively printing money for them. If they want to make themselves carbon-neutral, I am sure they are perfectly capable of it (although I'd rather they help rebuild peat bogs than plant trees), but even if they can't, they'll do it anyway.

Here is an article about it if you meant that one. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50490700.amp

It will be interesting to see what changes they come up with and if they can achieve some of their goals.Ideas and plans are huge I guess. They want to be carbon neutral, use solar electricity and do not want to be sustainable only but actively beneficial to the planet. I wonder how that works out in the end. 

They already have their one tree planted merchandise collection in the store and have a partnership with the ocean cleanup project. Small steps, better than nothing. 

There will still be truck loads of stage setups.Nevertheless fan travelling causes the most pollution it seems.In the end it is our all responsibility to make the world a better place. 

I have saved some money already for tickets and travelling ?

Edited by [email protected].
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Doomotron said:

If they want to make themselves carbon-neutral

They actually want to make their tours better than carbon-neutral, they wanna make them have a beneficial impact. I'm curious as to how they will achieve this...

12 minutes ago, I ran away said:

They actually want to make their tours better than carbon-neutral, they wanna make them have a beneficial impact. I'm curious as to how they will achieve this...

Considering how difficult it is to be carbon-neutral (which is why most people don't bother), I very much doubt Coldplay could realistically achieve beyond carbon-neutral-ness (carbon negativity?)... Still, it'll be fun to see what they do to try.

1 hour ago, Doomotron said:

Considering how difficult it is to be carbon-neutral (which is why most people don't bother), I very much doubt Coldplay could realistically achieve beyond carbon-neutral-ness (carbon negativity?)... Still, it'll be fun to see what they do to try.

Everything is a question of money. If the band are really committed to this and willing to invest their own money/accept lower personal profit cuts, it would be possible.

• Like 1

If they are not hypocrite they will only tour if they can truly become carbon-neutral. And I think its a beautiful thing they commited to that. They wouldnt do a big statment like that unless they can achieve it

Edited by fuzzyman20
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was a big statement from Chris. The way their marketing is going the next tour should be a big one. Maybe they'll do things like introduce more recycling or using more sustainable materials in their production - baby steps basically. And their ocean clean up partnership could be one of the ways in which they intend to offset the environmental impact of their shows. It's not perfect but more than most bands do. For us, it could mean a ticket price increase or limiting ticket sales to locals, who knows. Maybe they've come up with some great ideas whilst jetting around the world on their private planes...?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FabulousSammer said:

Do you think they will do a big stadium tour or a theatre tour. At first i was sure it would be an theater tour, but this album seems like it's going to be a big one and it's heavily promoted.

yeah everything about this campaign just screams stadium tour

• Like 1

Here's Chris addressing their current plans regarding touring and the environment. You can hear more details in the full interview on youtube (which i recommend to watch because it's a great one on all topics)

I can already hear people complain about the next tour not being 100% positive for the planet etc etc. Clearly they can't do miracles and he really admits that. They're working at improving, seriously, but they do want a big tour.

Also they're really the biggest band that's actually working on these issues, they are likely to be precursors in the industry. Maybe some of their solutions won't be perfect, but the point is also to inspire other bands and artists to follow and that's definitely what will happen (i hope!). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Coeurli said:

Here's Chris addressing their current plans regarding touring and the environment. You can hear more details in the full interview on youtube (which i recommend to watch because it's a great one on all topics)

I can already hear people complain about the next tour not being 100% positive for the planet etc etc. Clearly they can't do miracles and he really admits that. They're working at improving, seriously, but they do want a big tour.

Also they're really the biggest band that's actually working on these issues, they are likely to be precursors in the industry. Maybe some of their solutions won't be perfect, but the point is also to inspire other bands and artists to follow and that's definitely what will happen (i hope!). 

I love this about them. They're actually trying to do better from an environmental standpoint. They've used their status as public figures to help make positive changes in the world for a long time.

On 5/6/2021 at 1:12 AM, FabulousSammer said:

Do you think they will do a big stadium tour or a theatre tour. At first i was sure it would be an theater tour, but this album seems like it's going to be a big one and it's heavily promoted.

I just can't see them doing the same thing they did with the Ghost Stories theatre tour. Not if the new album is another big release like MX or AHFOD with songs that are perfect for a massive stadium crowd.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...