✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Post pictures of the gorgeous Chris

Nick4Chris

^ All I know is that if they aren't in Los Angeles they already know if they have won something. They must say something after winning a Grammy and the video messages that they show when artists can't be there to collect their prize are taped beforehand.

^ All I know is that if they aren't in Los Angeles they already know if they have won something. They must say something after winning a Grammy and the video messages that they show when artists can't be there to collect their prize are taped beforehand.

This is true, but the people who are actually at the Grammys in the audience that don't win is what's weird. When someone wins an Oscar, and the winner isn't there, they politlely say.. "So and So couldn't be with us tonight, so and so is on location in Paris filming" those can't be live because of the time change, and sometimes, they will have a Live feed and the actor will appear on the screen and say thanks.

So I am confused about if they really know ahead of time or not:\

Am I the only one thinking that this means they won't win anything tonight ? I mean, do you think they'd let them fly all the way to LA knowing they didn't get anything, and that they're not performing ? I have a feeling they were told to save themselves the trouble to come. But i don't know much about how the Grammys are organized, so this really is just a guess :lol:

As far as I know, the Grammy results are sealed until Awards time. Coldplay wasn't invited to perform, and their chances of winning are very slim. Plus, they're on break, working on a new album. I just don't see the incentive for them making a trip to LA.

They went to the Grammys in 2004 b/c they had some solid nominations and Clocks won Song of the Year.

As far as I know, the Grammy results are sealed until Awards time. Coldplay wasn't invited to perform, and their chances of winning are very slim. Plus, they're on break, working on a new album. I just don't see the incentive for them making a trip to LA.

They went to the Grammys in 2004 b/c they had some solid nominations and Clocks won Song of the Year.

How do you know they weren't invited to play??? Where did you see this?? We don't know this:rolleyes:

No, there are instances when somebody wins in absentia and the presenter just accepts the trophy on their behalf. The winner is not known ahead of time.

This is true, but the people who are actually at the Grammys in the audience that don't win is what's weird. When someone wins an Oscar, and the winner isn't there, they politlely say.. "So and So couldn't be with us tonight, so and so is on location in Paris filming" those can't be live because of the time change, and sometimes, they will have a Live feed and the actor will appear on the screen and say thanks.

So I am confused about if they really know ahead of time or not:\

I thought they did video messages at the Grammys but I never really watched because of the time difference so you could be right. It just seems logical to make a video beforehand, it's way more personal than letting a presenter say that they couldn't be there for whatever reason.

I thought they did video messages at the Grammys but I never really watched because of the time difference so you could be right. It just seems logical to make a video beforehand, it's way more personal than letting a presenter say that they couldn't be there for whatever reason.

Hell if I know what I am talking about:lol: I have seen other award shows where they will do a Live TY feed, but not sure I have seen it on the Grammys.... Ask the Grammy police , they're around here somewhere:D

Yeah, but it's THE GRAMMYS. Getting a Grammy is pretty much the biggest award you can get as a music artist, that's why, even if they only have slim chances and all, I don't see them not going, unless they already know they didn't win. You know ?

But if you're sure that they don't tell anything to the artists, then i guess you're right.

Yeah, but it's THE GRAMMYS. Getting a Grammy is pretty much the biggest award you can get as a music artist, that's why, even if they only have slim chances and all, I don't see them not going, unless they already know they didn't win. You know ?

But if you're sure that they don't tell anything to the artists, then i guess you're right.

At some other awards ceremonies like AMA, MTV, etc, winners know beforehand, but at Grammys and Oscars, I'm positive they do not. There used to be a section during the ceremony when the accounting firm that tabulated all the votes would be presented to let everyone know they were the only ones who knew the results.

I no longer watch these programs as I used to, but I'm pretty sure the only winners to know beforehand are the lifetime achievement awards and such.

PS. The firm Deloitte and Touche tabulates and seals the results until presentation time.

At some other awards ceremonies like AMA, MTV, etc, winners know beforehand, but at Grammys and Oscars, I'm positive they do not. There used to be a section during the ceremony when the accounting firm that tabulated all the votes would be presented to let everyone know they were the only ones who knew the results.

I no longer watch these programs as I used to, but I'm pretty sure the only winners to know beforehand are the lifetime achievement awards and such.

PS. The firm Deloitte and Touche tabulates and seals the results until presentation time.

This is GP... Tashinator:P

i should study.. but nevermind :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IWkYccx6ZI]HD - Coldplay - Fix You (live) @ Olympiastadium Munich 12.09.2012 - YouTube[/ame]

epic sound quality!!! and 4:24-27 dead :dead: :dead: and jonny's birthday :awesome:

funny chris at the beginning :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kwDcEfB5tU]HD - Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (live) @ Olympiastadium Munich 12.09.2012 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LfoeHqj9Xo]HD - Coldplay - talking german and apologizing for the rain (live) @ Olympiastadium Munich 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

those arms

amen

:dead:

tumblr_mhm2h3BNu71s51zjyo1_500.gif