✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Post pictures of the gorgeous Chris

Nick4Chris

Why do I want to take him home and give him cookies when he looks like that?

I knowwwww D:

20:35 to 20:42 that 'Okay!' is one of the cutest things I've seen in my entire life D;

I just want to wrap him up in a blanket and protect him from all the bad things in the world :wacky:

• Like 3

does anyone else listen to Chris's interviews over and over again just to hear the way his accent has changed over time? :P

I don't listen to it for that specific reason but I do listen to them over and over :dance:

I love his speaking voice. It's so relaxing and peaceful :wacko:

I love watching his interviews over and over again too lol. It automatically puts me in a good mood. His smile is incredibly infectious :wacky:

• Like 4

does anyone else listen to Chris's interviews over and over again just to hear the way his accent has changed over time? :P

That's something I've never paid attention to. How has it changed? (not saying that it hasn't but I'm just curious about the change)

• Like 1

That's something I've never paid attention to. How has it changed? (not saying that it hasn't but I'm just curious about the change)

in the last few years i've noticed that sometimes when he says words that have r's in them they sound harsher, like more noticeable to my american ears than the "ahhhh" sound English people usually say :P

but mostly i think it's the way he speaks in general, like he is a lot calmer now than, say, Parachutes-era :P and so his accent isn't quite as thick when he talks in interviews (although i still do hear it from time to time). like it was so crazy when he and Jonny did that interview for RTL Late Night and they played the clip from 2000... i just love watching back old stuff and seeing how ALL of them have changed, it's just that Chris is more frequently the one in interviews :P

• Like 1

This comes to mind

Lmao no wonder people thought Chris was always drunk xD

i have listened to this so many times that as soon as i saw the title my brain went "ALLLL RIIIIIIIGHTTTTT I GOT MY OWN RADIO SHOW" :lol::lol:

but yes, this is a good example of his... let's call it immense enthusiasm :P

• Like 1

i have listened to this so many times that as soon as i saw the title my brain went "ALLLL RIIIIIIIGHTTTTT I GOT MY OWN RADIO SHOW" :lol::lol:

Listening to this never fails to make me laugh xD

And the xfm residency with the jackass bit and the bumming around :laugh3:

LOL I'm a bit like him in that video when I'm utterly sleep deprived and on a caffeine rush but still not quite that hyper xD

"WHOSE SHOW IS THIS, MAN?!! PLAY A SONG!!!" :laugh3:

I'm actually a bit envious of his energy lol. I wish I was as enthusiastic about everything xD

The acceptance speeches he used to give at award shows back then though :facepalm:

LMAO I remember the first time I listened to this interview I ripped my headphones off because I had the volumne on max and Chris was shouting the brain out of my ears :wacko:

Gosh he was so hyper and random and sometimes cringy back then :wacky: I had trouble understanding him with his Devonian accent in the beginning because he was talking REALLY fast and nervously and stumbling over his own words. Now he's way more relaxed and his English sounds much more like this school English I learned! :lol: There is an English accent of course, but you can't tell where exactly he is coming from anymore.

I find this extremely fascinating how the speech pattern can change in your own language. I mean, you grew up with it and copied the exact same speech pattern the people around you used until you mastered it. And then when you've learned it all, your speaking manners will still change, even though it's deeply rooted inside of you :surprised:

THAT WENT TOTALLY OF TOPIC SORRY, hERE'S A PIC OF CHRIS TO MAKE IT BETTER:

[ATTACH=full]5418[/ATTACH]

• Like 4

Listening to this never fails to make me laugh xD

And the xfm residency with the jackass bit and the bumming around :laugh3:

LOL I'm a bit like him in that video when I'm utterly sleep deprived and on a caffeine rush but still not quite that hyper xD

"WHOSE SHOW IS THIS, MAN?!! PLAY A SONG!!!" :laugh3:

I'm actually a bit envious of his energy lol. I wish I was as enthusiastic about everything xD

The acceptance speeches he used to give at award shows back then though :facepalm:

oh man, i love EVERYTHING about the XFM residency

"it's two-bit nipple peep shows" - although actually i think my absolute favorite part is Chris telling the joke about two nuns in a bath and neither Jonny or Guy getting it :P

sometimes i watch interviews of Chris and think that i act somewhat similar to the way he does... but then i remember that i watch a lot of his interviews and so i can never be 100% sure if i was like this naturally or if i've been influenced by Chris :dizzy:

in truth, i think it's both :P

oh man, i love EVERYTHING about the XFM residency

"it's two-bit nipple peep shows" -

YOu forgot the best part where Jonny quietly mumbles "I like nipple peep shows :wacko:"

:laugh3:!!!

although actually i think my absolute favorite part is Chris telling the joke about two nuns in a bath and neither Jonny or Guy getting it :P

I still don't get it :| And I looked up meanings and everything on the internet about this freaking joke and I suppose it's something dirty? But I'M NOT SURE??? PLZ HALP

sometimes i watch interviews of Chris and think that i act somewhat similar to the way he does... but then i remember that i watch a lot of his interviews and so i can never be 100% sure if i was like this naturally or if i've been influenced by Chris :dizzy:

in truth, i think it's both :P

I think you're right because I've been thinking about that too and realised I tend to copy behaviours and mannerisms of people I look up to :nod:
  • Like 1

LMAO I remember the first time I listened to this interview I ripped my headphones off because I had the volumne on max and Chris was shouting the brain out of my ears :wacko:

Gosh he was so hyper and random and sometimes cringy back then :wacky: I had trouble understanding him with his Devonian accent in the beginning because he was talking REALLY fast and nervously and stumbling over his own words. Now he's way more relaxed and his English sounds much more like this school English I learned! :lol: There is an English accent of course, but you can't tell where exactly he is coming from anymore.

I find this extremely fascinating how the speech pattern can change in your own language. I mean, you grew up with it and copied the exact same speech pattern the people around you used until you mastered it. And then when you've learned it all, your speaking manners will still change, even though it's deeply rooted inside of you :surprised:

i love listening to and talking and thinking about accents. it's such a fascinating topic for me :wacky:

really the first time i ever heard Chris speak was an interview that aired on Fuse in 2005, i think. and i could not understand A WORD he said, because to my ears his voice was so deep and his accent was so thick

but the last time i watched it i could understand him just fine :lol:

speaking of how people change and yet stay the same

coldplaygifanotheredit.gif

• Like 1

YOu forgot the best part where Jonny quietly mumbles "I like nipple peep shows :wacko:"

:laugh3:!!!I still don't get it :| And I looked up meanings and everything on the internet about this freaking joke and I suppose it's something dirty? But I'M NOT SURE??? PLZ HALP

I think you're right because I've been thinking about that too and realised I tend to copy behaviours and mannerisms of people I look up to :nod:

or the story they can't tell about the time Guy went to Stringefellows, which of course Guy has no recollection of anyway :lol:

i also didn't get the joke until someone on here explained it. it's just a masturbation joke, if i remember correctly :P

yes! even when i watch shows i find myself thinking in the voices of the characters :P but i think it has to be that something within me is naturally like that which is why i'm drawn to those things in the first place, but then consuming that media just emphasizes those parts of my personality. does that make sense? :P

hesnotlaughingcauseitsbad.gif

i love listening to and talking and thinking about accents. it's such a fascinating topic for me :wacky:

really the first time i ever heard Chris speak was an interview that aired on Fuse in 2005, i think. and i could not understand A WORD he said, because to my ears his voice was so deep and his accent was so thick

but that last time i watched it i could understand him just fine :lol:

I've spentthe last ten minutes looking at this gif and I feel like I'm on lsd. What sorcery is this?

• Like 1

The cringe was real :nod: And usually the rest of the band were just secondhand-embarrassed about him :lol:

I remember the first speech I saw was the ''Madonna the superbabe of all superbabes'' one and I was like lolwut

I'd only seen the AHFOD Chris before that and I was so confused xD

I thought he was drunk the first time I watched the Letterman ETIAW performance too. The one where he falls down and just lies there. I was like there's no way someone would dance like this while sober.

It took me a while to realize he was just drunk on life :')

LOL I still don't understand why the others never want to speak xD They always hand down the mic to him even though they know he's going to say something silly. They don't seem that shy, at least not Will. They could've saved themselves a lot of embarrassment xD

I still don't get it :| And I looked up meanings and everything on the internet about this freaking joke and I suppose it's something dirty? But I'M NOT SURE??? PLZ HALP

Same xD

What I take away from this: all of Coldplay's videos basically just involve Chris prancing around :wacko:

LOL I still don't understand why the others never want to speak xD They always hand down the mic to him even though they know he's going to say something silly. They don't seem that shy, at least not Will. They could've saved themselves a lot of embarrassment xD

it's great you say this because when you first mentioned the award shows this came to my mind:

and he asks Guy if he has anything to say and then just cuts Guy off when he starts speaking :lol:

but i think in this he was legit drunk or at least tipsy

• Like 1

it's great you say this because when you first mentioned the award shows this came to my mind:

and he asks Guy if he has anything to say and then just cuts Guy off when he starts speaking :lol:

but i think in this he was legit drunk or at least tipsy

yeah i remember they had a show after that and chris did say they were a little drunk from the awards show. but the only time i've really seen chris drunk is here :laugh3:

i mean it was new years and coldplay had already performed. still drunk chris is so funny!

• Like 2

yeah i remember they had a show after that and chris did say they were a little drunk from the awards show. but the only time i've really seen chris drunk is here :laugh3:

i mean it was new years and coldplay had already performed. still drunk chris is so funny!

YEEESS, i forgot about this one!

ah, guys, so many good times

I miss this look.