✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicole, thanks for posting the setlist! You should be so happy that you got "Early winter" and "My shadow" live! I'd love to hear especially "Early winter" live one day as well. :D

Mark, you know you're just SO lucky indeed! I really like that photo with Richard, he seems to be such a lovely guy. Would love to meet him in August. :) Your other photos are great as well! I especially like the one of Tom lying on the floor. :lol:

And don't forget my pics with Chris Martin, Fran from Travis, and Marillion!!:D

there's a question coming to my mind... have you ever met any celebrity before meeting chris? or did that astoria-exprience sort of... strengthen your stalking abilities? :lol:

there's a question coming to my mind... have you ever met any celebrity before meeting chris? or did that astoria-exprience sort of... strengthen your stalking abilities? :lol:

Meeting Chris definitely proved to be a bit of a catalyst.:P

that makes me proud! :D

[actually, i became a professional stalker (lol) during my time as a kelly family fan - so everything began like 10 years ago, haha :laugh3: ]

I wouldn't stalk them even if you paid me to................................ :P

Isn't Keane's version of "Disco 2000" fantastic?? I've just been listening to it!! I'd love to see them perform that live!!:D

Absolutely! I really love their version of that song and I bet it'd sound awesome live! :)

I'd still prefer hearing "Under pressure" or "Early winter" live, though... :shy: :nice:

• 2 months later...

Just thought I might call this thread back to life. :D

Just in case anybody's missed it:

Tom played an acoustic cover of Oasis' "Cast no shadow" on the V Festival in Chelmsford this Sunday:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soezzvsNlX4]YouTube - KEANE @ V FESTIVAL / OASIS COVER "CAST NO SHADOW"[/ame]

And here's a pretty interesting interview where Tom and Richard reveal some future plans such as a collaboration with the Canadian rapper K'Naan and they also said that they'd release a minialbum (EP? :D) in May next year. Yay, wonderful news. :dance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cX7GvcRMtY&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Keane interview at V Festival 2009 on Absolute Radio[/ame]

I'm going to see them in just 5 days and I'm so looking forward to seeing them again! I wonder how the setlist will look like. :D My hopes are still high for "Early winter" and "Under pressure". :nice:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry for the double post, but I think this thread needs a little bit of lovin', too. ;)

Keane played a brand new song on their Canadian tour! :stunned: It's called "Sovereign Light Café" and will probably been on the new minialbum which will bw released next year. There aren't any videos of it on youtube except for this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaruafW2cJE]Sovereign Light Café[/ame]

Well, obviously the sound quality isn't the best, but from what I can hear, the song sounds really nice! I'd say it's a typical "Keane song" with the usual beautiful melodies and lyrics. :cheesy:

Edit: Found a better version on Youtube now & even with the lyrics:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6g2YLnYMw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6g2YLnYMw[/ame]

:heart:

• 2 weeks later...

So Hopes and Fears is getting the deluxe treatment

We're very pleased to announce the full international release of a 2CD Deluxe Edition of Keane's first album, Hopes And Fears, on 9th November 2009.

In addition to the original tracklisting, this album showcases previously un-released and rare material including early demo Into The Light, recordings from the band’s earliest Steve Lamacq and Jo Whiley radio sessions, the timeless B-side and fans' favourite, Snowed Under (from Somewhere Only We Know), and their debut self-released singles.

The sleevenotes have been penned by long-time supporter Steve Lamacq. In them, he describes the first time he saw them at the Bull and Gate in Kentish Town: “There were only three of them but they sounded huge. They were independent of mind but definitely accessible”.

The 37-track Deluxe Edition is available to pre-order now from the Keane official store, for £14 (around $22 / €15).

We also have bundles containing the CD and a new T-shirt featuring the classic CP70 print. Plus, there is a very limited edition deluxe bundle, featuring the album, the T-shirt and a Hopes And Fears CP70 art print, signed by the band. Only 150 of these prints were made.

The full tracklisting of the Deluxe Edition is as follows:

CD ONE

1. Somewhere Only We Know

2. Bend And Break

3. We Might As Well Be Strangers

4. Everybody's Changing

5. Your Eyes Open

6. She Has No Time

7. Can't Stop Now

8. Sunshine

9. This Is The Last Time

10. On A Day Like Today

11 Untitled 1

12. Bedshaped

13. Somewhere Only We Know (Lamacq Live)

14. Bedshaped (Lamacq Live)

15. Bend And Break (Lamacq Live)

16. We Might As Well Be Strangers (Lamacq Live)

17. This Is The Last Time (Jo Whiley Live Lounge)

18. With Or Without You (Jo Whiley Live Lounge)

19. A Heart To Hold You (Jo Whiley Live Lounge)

CD TWO

1. Snowed Under (B-Side)

2. We Might As Well Be Strangers (DJ Shadow Remix)

3. Into The Light Demo (Unreleased)

4. Call Me What You Like Demo (Zoomorphic single 1)

5. Closer Now (Zoomorphic single 1)

6. Rubbernecking (Zoomorphic single 1)

7. Wolf At The Door (Zoomorphic single 2)

8. She Has No Time Demo (Zoomorphic single 2)

9. Call Me What You Like (Zoomorphic single 2)

10. Everybody's Changing (Fierce Panda single 1)

11. The Way You Want It (Fierce Panda single 1)

12. This Is The Last Time Demo (Fierce Panda single 2)

13. Bedshaped Demo (Fierce Panda single 2)

14. Allemande (Fierce Panda single 2)

15. Somewhere Only We Know (Live E.P. released 3/5/05)

16. We Might As Well Be Strangers (Live E.P. released 3/5/05)

17. This Is The Last Time (Live E.P. released 3/5/05)

18. Everybody's Changing (Live E.P. released 3/5/05)