✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Lamacq just played "Clear Skies", one of the songs of the forthcoming EP "Night Train", in his show...

For anyone who's interested, someone's already uploaded it on Youtube:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Sounded pretty "weird" to my ears at first, but after having listened to it a few more times, I must say that I really like it, especially the chorus. And I love the xylophone, it's something different. :) Oh, and the guitar solo's epic as well! :stunned:

It indeed is a catch tune. :nice:

I also read that Steve said they'd play another song of the EP on Thursday. I wonder which song they'll choose...

By the way, it's Tom's 31st birthday today, what a great day to premiere one of their new songs. :)

Thanks for the YouTube link. Shame he talks over the end. Seems like sort of a "latin" flavor to me. EP's are good for these experimental efforts, as they indicate which ones work and which ones don't.

I also read that Steve said they'd play another song of the EP on Thursday. I wonder which song they'll choose...

Maybe "Stop for a Minute", since they've recorded a video for that one.

Making a double post to bring you...Stop for a Minute (not my vid):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8W7ydXRrs]YouTube- Keane ft. K'Naan - Stop for a minute.mpg[/ame]

Honestly? After two listens, I think it may be the worst Keane song ever. I thought "Clear Skies" was okay, but this is like a really bad Top 40 pop song (and Keane has some really good pop songs). K'Naan adds nothing but pain toward the end. Feel free to disagree with me, though. ;)

Honestly? After two listens, I think it may be the worst Keane song ever. I thought "Clear Skies" was okay, but this is like a really bad Top 40 pop song (and Keane has some really good pop songs). K'Naan adds nothing but pain toward the end. Feel free to disagree with me, though. ;)

After having listened to it a couple of times already, I'm afraid I can't say that it has hooked me so far, either... I wouldn't say it's their worst song ever, though. It's just that it might sound very unfamiliar at the moment, but it was the same with "Spiralling"... Maybe it just needs time to grow on you... At least I hope so. :confused: Oh well, at least the lyrics do sound quite pretty in my ears. ;)

I agree, this song is really commercial. I don't know if this is an attempt by Keane to reach a younger audience, but they've managed to sound like any number of bubblegum pop songs which are all over the radio. I thought Clear Skies was cool, here's hoping that the rest of the EP is better than this. lol.

First listen of Stop for a minute- hmm...

Second listen- THIS IS AWESOME! :D

I really like it, I'm not really into K'Naan's stuff, but all in all I really like it :D

I'm about to listen to Clear Skies.

I agree, this song is really commercial. I don't know if this is an attempt by Keane to reach a younger audience, but they've managed to sound like any number of bubblegum pop songs which are all over the radio. I thought Clear Skies was cool, here's hoping that the rest of the EP is better than this. lol.

I agree. Clear Skies i think is an awesome new song, but i'm not feeling Stop For A Minute at all atm :disappointed: But maybe it'll grow on me and i won't end up hoping that this is the last time i hear it / :facepalm:

Same over here... really loved the new style on Clear Skies and didn't liked Stop....

there's something wrong with it , seems really bad (notice that I loveeeeeeeeee Keane , I am really a big fan, as much as a Coldplay fan but didn't like Stop, even though I have listened to it like 20 times, and it is still hurt:(

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting that!

This means we've had heard 3 new Keane tracks. Clear Skies, Stop for a Minute and now Looking Back.

To put it mildly, I'm wondering why any of this stuff was released and they didn't wait to make an album. Because none of this music seems to suggest that Keane were feeling "very creative" or that they had lots of good stuff left after Perfect Symmetry.

I've loved all of Keane's albums. I've liked pretty much every b-side they've ever put out.

But, aside from the sometimes catchy Stop for a Minute (which K'Nann's presence helps a lot), this stuff seems pretty bad. I'm being generous. It seems REALLY bad. I just don't get why Keane put this stuff out.

I had been really excited for this EP. To be honest, the Night Train title was AWESOME to me. The idea of a night train was just really cool. But none of the songs we've heard so far have really made me feel like it was necessary.

It's like they're trying to be something new without really being new.

I don't know.

Please don't anyway get too annoyed at my comments. I'm a really big Keane fan and am definitely not trying to just be hard on them.

I also realize we have 5 more songs that could be great. But as Clear Skies and Stop for a Minute were the radio releases, I'm sort of worried. :\

Edit: It's only 4 songs because we've already had My Shadow. Unless they do a serious remix of it.