✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love Keane to pieces, they are my second favourite band and my favourite song by them is 'A Bad Dream'. I haven't got the Night Train EP but my friend has and he doesn't think as much of it. I guess I'll see...

I absolutely love Keane to pieces, they are my second favourite band and my favourite song by them is 'A Bad Dream'. I haven't got the Night Train EP but my friend has and he doesn't think as much of it. I guess I'll see...

How was it Mark? :D

I'm seeing them on 25th! :D :dance:

Words can't really adequately describe how brilliant it was. As it was Keane's "homecoming" gig there was a particularly amazing atmosphere which was remarked upon by Tom on more than one occasion. He actually said it was one of the best nights they'd ever had as a band.

In terms of atmosphere and experience it was a bit like seeing Coldplay at Wembley in September, except the venue (as it was in a forest) was vastly superior IMO.

Even though I was in the front couple of rows, I also had a bit more space to move because - owing to its greater size and the fact there were people with seats and "picnics" dotted around - the arena itself was less cramped and there was no "concertina effect".

As at Wembley, there was also a real international flavour to the concert, as I was among several French and German fans as well as someone from Belgium, and I also met some from Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Argentina and the U.S. among others.

As with Wembley, we also queued all day, but there was also only one queue, which made things far more straightforward and much less chaotic. Therefore everything was far more relaxed from start to finish.

We were also able to watch the entire "soundcheck" through the fence, which only had a light canvas mesh covering, and to cap it all, Richard walked over to the entrance shortly after he arrived and spent quite a bit of time interacting with the "early-bird" fans.

That's the second time in a year I've witnessed Richard putting himself out in that way, and I'm very impressed with his "forthcoming" attitude.

Incidentally, one of the standout moments for me was Tim singing "Your Love", which is an amazing tune I can't get enough of at the moment. He should definitely sing more often, and that song couldn't have more of an "Eighties" feel if it tried!:cool:

a bit jealous???

I am really jealous , Glasto is going to be amazing!

wow , I wish I could go to one of the gigs of the forest tour they seem superawesome!

Richard is great and super friendly, I haven't actually talked to him,bit when I went to the Mex concert he was walking outside the venue , and I saw him , but at first I wasn't sure if it was him , but some months later I discovered it was him

edit: hey mc or should I say MiniMe?????

it's ok you just copyed and pasted

• 2 weeks later...

Mt.Desolation is awesome :) Only heard 'State of our affairs'

:)

Well...I saw a band called 'Keane' last night...and they blew me away!

Brilliant set! Tom (And Tim) was note-perfect throughout the show!

Starting with 'Back In Time' and closing with 'Crystal Ball' I HAD SO MUCH FUN! THE BEST SHOW I HAVE EVER BEEN TO! The night was beautiful. Amazing.

Words can't describe how awesome yesterday's acoustic set was...

...so I took a video

Of the U2 cover :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZLRonORhVs]YouTube- Keane - With or Without You - Glastonbury Avalon Stage 2010[/ame]