✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ What did you think of FrankMusik mark? I thought they were really good!

I enjoyed "them" more the second night, although I think "their" sound was a bit dated (as in very "Eighties").

Good vocal, though.

Frankenjammer were just plain weird, though.:rolleyes:

^ I'm jealous to know the atmosphere was better on the 2nd night, though I enjoyed thursday a lot so I'm not going to complain.

Afterwards I think I pretty much liked Franjenjammer, they were full of energy ! And I'm really not looking forward seeing the frankguysthingy again...

P.S : gosh I miss Keane live already... hope they'll make it to the Wechter or I might get depressed ahah

ok then I'll meet you at the O2 as we said. I'm off to bed, I need energy for tomorrow.

Oh by the way, before leaving, I found that on Keane's forum :

"Dear Ticketmaster Customer,

As you have purchased tickets for the forthcoming Keane event at the O2 we would like to pass on some event information.

The runtime for the event is as follows: (please note, all times are approximates and are subject to change)

Doors: 18:30

Katzenjammer: 19:30 - 20:00

Frankmusik: 20:15 - 20:45

Keane: 21:15 - 23:00

For details of event facilities, we suggest you visit the official venue website; www.theo2.co.uk

Thank you for booking with Ticketmaster, we hope you enjoy the event!"

Annoying : the mail I received states that my ticket collection is at 19:00... don't care I'll ask for it wayyy earlier, that's a shame !

Katzenjammer? Funny name for a band LOL! :laugh3:

Did Germany lose again in the football?

Grindheim winner for Norway stuns hosts Germany

Euro 2008 finalists Germany were beaten by minnows Norway for the first time since 1936 as midfielder Christian Grindheim scored to inflict a 1-0 defeat on the hosts in Wednesday's friendly.

The 25-year-old Grindheim's second-half goal was greeted with stunned silence by the home crowd, but did little to illuminate a dull game at Duesseldorf's LTU-Arena on a bitterly cold evening.

"We didn't really have enough movement out there," glum-faced Germany captain Michael Ballack admitted with World Cup qualifiers coming up against Liechtenstein and Wales later this spring.

"We have to play at a higher tempo against an opponent like Norway and create more chances. We were just too sedate in our playing structure, the ball wasn't moved forward fast enough.

"This is a warning for our next few games, we could not crack the Norwegian defence."

Germany are ranked second in the world, under FIFA's listings, with Norway 54 places below in 56th and while the Germans are top of their World Cup qualifying group, Norway are bottom, but none of those facts were obvious on the field.

At least the 45,000-strong crowd had the small comfort the roof was closed so the freezing cold outside did not add to their increasing restlessness as the booes and whistles grew louder as the game wore on.

This was only Germany's second defeat to Norway in the 21 meetings between the two sides - with the last defeat coming when Adolf Hitler was in power.

Not since the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin have Germany lost to Norway and Joachim Loew had the luxury of naming virtually a full-strength side with Ballack alongside the experienced Torsten Frings.

The pair had been missing from Germany's last game in October when England earned a 2-1 win at Berlin's Olympic Stadium, but die Mannschaft produced a similar lacklustre performance with little imagination in attack.

As Norway were missing seven of their first-choice players, coach Egil Olsen had been forced into playing Thorstein Helstad from French club Le Mans as his lone striker, but the guests' defensive tactics paid dividends.

The best chance of the first-half fell to Norway when Schalke 04 defender Heiko Westermann was lucky not to conceed a penalty when he took a heavy-handed approach with Toulouse striker Daniel Braaten in the penalty area.

The referee missed the foul and Germany were allowed to breathe easily after 20 minutes.

Following the break, Loew introduced a host of changes and brought on some fresh blood in Leverkusen's Patrick Helmes, Stuttgart's Serdar Tasci and Hoffenheim's Andreas Beck - a forward, midfielder and defender respectively.

The substitutions only seemed to further disrupt the German's flow and just after the hour mark Norway grabbed the winner with - fittingly for such a poor match - a scrappy goal.

Blackburn Rovers midfielder Morten Gamst Pedersen got to the back of the penalty area and threaded his cross along the goal-line for Grindheim to stab the ball home on 63 minutes.

Germany briefly raised their game to force an equaliser, but Loew will have been glad this was a mere friendly and not a World Cup qualifier.

for those of you in the US.. GREAT NEWS COMETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ BELOW!

US TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT IMMINENT...

Shh, it's a bit of a secret, but those of you in the US of A (and, indeed, Canada) will be pleased to hear that we'll be announcing a full North American tour before the end of this week, with a special pre-sale due to kick off at the beginning of next week. Keep it locked to keanemusic.com for all the info

wooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to get tix!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE ARE THE US TOUR DATES SO FAR!

MAY, THE BAND BE WITH YOU

We're very pleased to announce some Keane shows in America and Canada. The band will be crossing the Atlantic in May to play the following gigs:

MAY

8 - Oakland, CA - The Fox Theater

9 - Los Angeles, CA - The Hollywood Palladium

12 - Salt Lake City, UT - Kingsbury Hall

13 - Denver, CO - The Ogden Theater

15 - Minneapolis, MN - Myth

16 - Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom

19 - Washington, DC - Constitution Hall

20 - Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theater

21 - Boston, MA - Bank of America Pavilion

23 - Toronto, ON - The Sound Academy

24 - Cleveland, OH - Tower City Amphitheater

27 - New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I will be going to the DC show for sure!! Can't wait to get tix!

Hey ya'lls. I love Keane. I saw them in May of 2007. After the gig my sister and I waited outside for about an hour and got to meet the band.

I haven't heard Perfect Symmetry yet because I suck at obtaining albums in a timely fashion. I love Hopes and Fears but UTIS is also amazing. My favorite song is Bedshaped.

^I sound like a foreign pen pal.

My mom offered to get directions for me since she didn't trust mapquest, and I was going alone with my sister. But there are all the County roads out there, like CE, DE, EE, etc... Anyway, she was like, a letter off, and I was literally driving around for like, 45 minutes, just completely unsure where to go. And I tried calling my mom to help me out, and my dad ended up telling me that I was in the right place, I just missed the road I was supposed to turn on.

I live in the city, but this stupid night club is in the suburbs and it's so trashy. Anyway, I had a hell of a time, and I was crying and it was frustrating... We wasted so much time we could've spent in line for good spots in the crowd. Bleh. Oh well, at least we got to meet them. And now, if I go again, I'll know exactly where it is.