✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

Nope, Keane doesn't have any guitar used at all.

Tim Rice-Oxley, their keyboardist, is a genius. So he manipulates the sound on his keyboards with all sorts of effects (if you have any of their DVDs, like the one that came with the recent album) he shows how he did this :) Really, really cool!

They do use bass, though. Tim also plays this, in fact when they were getting started this is the instrument he played (they also had a guitar player a long time ago, who left the band because they were never getting a record contract or anything). So Tim plays the bass. I think live they use a backing track, since it's probably physically impossible for the three of them to play bass at the same time :laugh4: Then again, Tim could also be "playing" bass on his keyboards.

It's amazing what he does, he's awesome!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest REManic

Once I heard the job's post, I got bloody flabbergasted!!!!

I just hope he recovers pretty soon.

keane_t.jpgGOOD LUCK TOM

Let It Slide was on the Is it Any Wonder single.

Not sure about The Iron Sea, dont think i've heard that :confused:

It was uploaded by someone on here, and was listed as track eight between "Put It All Behind You" and "Crystal Ball".:confused:

:confused: Random! It must be a b-side or something that got mixed in somehow.

Is it any good?

It's OK - I think I've solved it. It appears to be that instrumental piece between the two tracks.

On the official album it isn't listed as a track, but the person who uploaded it on here listed it as "The Iron Sea". Does anyone know if this is its official name??

Anyway, as I've said previously, I love the whole album, but there are two tracks which I think are real masterpieces - "A Bad Dream" and "Try Again".

I can't get enough of either of them. They are both incredibly atmospheric.:D

Anyway, as I've said previously, I love the whole album, but there are two tracks which I think are real masterpieces - "A Bad Dream" and "Try Again".

I can't get enough of either of them. They are both incredibly atmospheric.:D

Couldn't agree more. Although i'd add a third....Hamburg Song :nice:

Mark, here is a special album which includes "The Iron Sea" on it... ;)

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000FG82HM/ref=pd_rvi_gw_1/303-2560297-4057059?ie=UTF8

My favourite songs so far are "Is It Any Wonder?", "Crystal Ball" and "The Frog Prince". :)

Well it's a bit of a con, then, because all that's happened is that the instrumental's been listed on the deluxe version and not on the standard version.;)