✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

I'm with Peter...any of the Crystal Ball B-sides?? Looking forward to the new The Iron Sea version. Us non-UK people would really appreciate it!

Oh, and I must say, get well soon to Tom with the issues he's been having. Disappointed to hear of the US tour postponment, but it's all for the best. I hope he gets this all sorted out soon.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Same here. I can't believe it. Poor Tom :(

And how totally ironic...the band that are constantly getting slated for being 'wimps' and so straight edge or whatever, now have a lead singer who has a drink & cocaine problem.

I really hope he gets better soon :\ He looked so fit and well at V festival, that's what suprises me the most.

Keane singer treated for drug use

here is more on it, an article from the BBC:

_41999790_chaplinatvpa203300.jpg

Keane frontman Tom Chaplin is being treated for drink and drug problems, the band have confirmed. In a statement on the band's website, the 27-year-old said the time had come "to get the professional help I need to sort myself out".

Earlier this month the band cancelled shows in Edinburgh, Dublin and Ibiza, saying at the time that the singer was suffering from exhaustion. They have also postponed a North American tour planned for next month.

Chaplin's statement said: "I've been having to deal with an increasing problem with drink and drugs, and the time has come to get the professional help I need to sort myself out. I feel desperately disappointed to be letting down our fans, but I want to get myself right now so that I can be back on the road for the rest of the year."

The band, who played at last weekend's V Festival, said refunds for cancelled concerts should be sought at the point of purchase. Keane, who also feature drummer Richard Hughes and keyboard player Tim Rice-Oxley, won two Brit Awards last year for best British album, for their debut Hopes and Fears, and best British breakthrough act.

Two years ago, they topped the BBC News website's Sound of 2004 poll of UK critics and broadcasters, which focuses on up-and-coming acts. Their follow-up album, Under the Iron Sea, entered the UK chart at number one in June.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5273692.stm

'I feel desperately disappointed to be letting down our fans, but I want to get myself right now so that I can be back on the road for the rest of the year'

Oh bless him. He's not letting anyone down...the fact that he's getting himself help before things get totally out of control is great, and im sure all fans will support his decision.

Keane Singer Tom Chaplin Goes Into Rehab!!!!

Keane_150.jpg

Keane Singer Tom Chaplin Goes Into Rehab

Aug 22, 8:31 AM EST

The Associated Press

LONDON -- A planned U.S. tour by Keane has been postponed while singer Tom Chaplin is being treated for drug and alcohol addiction, the British band said Tuesday.

In a statement posted on the band's Web site, Chaplin, 27, said he was "having to deal with an increasing problem with drink and drugs, and the time has come to get the professional help I need to sort myself out."

The tour had been due to start in Chicago on Sept. 7.

"I feel desperately disappointed to be letting down our fans, but I want to get myself right now so that I can be back on the road for the rest of the year," Chaplin said.

Keane had already canceled several appearances, citing Chaplin's "exhaustion."

The trio released their melodic debut album, "Hopes and Fears," in 2004. Their second album, "Under the Iron Sea," entered the British album charts at No. 1 when it was released in June.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=231275&GT1=7702

*looks down at my sig* :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: guess not..... :cry:

tell me about it!!! I am shocked!! :o I just happend to open MSN and there it was.. front page news on Entertainment!! -- I quite like the 2nd album... its showed their range.. I think it was a step up.. but yes, soft like H&F...

I liked it... sad news though... I never thought he has a drug and drink problem.... :stunned:

As one of the fans that this is affecting, I can say that I would rather him cancel my gig than have him continue to go through something aweful like that. Bless him, I'm not let down. (They've postponed the September shows, fyi, which affects my Boston gig.) Everyone has their demons, and huge kudos go to him for dealing with it in a quick and really mature manner.

:heart:

He got sent there instead of jail... I'm to lazy to explain more but he's pretty clean these days.

On Thursday he should have been at a concert in Belgium. Last night it should have been Switzerland.

Yesterday however Pete Doherty, the singer once noted for his musical talent rather than his weakness for hard drugs, was once again in the dock, not on the stage.

Instead of playing before thousands of European fans as scheduled, he found himself spending the night in custody before pleading guilty to five counts of possessing class A drugs.

His audience was not composed of screaming fans but ranks of reporters and photographers gathered to chart the singers latest courtroom appearence.

Today his mother Jackie talks to the times magazine about her futile attempts to protect her son from the temptations of the rock n roll lifestyle that he seems determined to follow.

Even minor details of his appearence yesterday would be enough to upset any parent. The singer was in court dressed in the Levis, black braces and a white polo shirt that he had worn when charged anfter answering bail on Thursday. Doherty, the frontman for the band Babyshambles, looked a far cry from a rock icon as he admitted possessing heroin cocaine cannabis and crack.

The court was told that police stopped Doherty at 2pm on April 20 hours after he had been given a two year community sentence for previous drug offences.

They found in his possession 1.37g of heroin, 1.86g cocaine, of which 0.64 was crack and 0.916 of cannabis. On searching his home in East London later that day police found 1.49g cannabis.

The court was also told that on Aug7, four days afterfailing to answer bail- the musician was again found to have drugs in his possession, this time 0.113g of crack as well as a crack pipe. He is awaiting sentences for a further two class A drug offences.

District Judge Alison Rose released him on bail “not without some reservation” on the condition that he attend the priory clinic in Southgate, London and obey a nightly 10pm to 8am curfew until sentencing.

She granted his request to perform at the Get Loaded festival next weekend, provided he is accompianied by clinical staff.

Warning Doherty could face jail, Judge Rose said that all options were open to her adding that “most definately includes the possibility of custody”

As his client sat in the dock, ashen faced with dirty fingernails, Sean Curran, for Doherty said “It will not surprise anyone in the court that he is a drug addict with an entrenched problem

!its clear he is a very talented musician. Unfortunately the chaotic world that accompianies that has led to some of his downfall. He only has hurt himself by his drug addiction. He is in a position that he can fund it without criminal activity.”

Mr curran said that Doherty had been making progress since being fitted with an implant in his stomach. However the singer interupted his lawyer to confirm that he had yet to test negative for heroin.

Outside the court two young fans insisted that their idol was more than a glorified drug addict.

Alice Taylor a 16yrold schoolgirl from Cambridge who will be among the crowds on Clapham Common said “People forget about his poetry and music, they just think about the drugs.

“he doesnt ever condone them and he doesnt take them on stage antmore”

She confessed her surprise at the judges leniency however.

“i thought they would have make him an example”

As she spoke the star emerged amid a barrage of camera flashes from the photographers. Rushed into a range rover, he lit a cigarette and kept his own counsel.”

Posted here: http://www.thelibertines.org.uk/index.php?/forums/viewthread/6521/

Oh, and:

KEANE’S TOM IN PRIORY

By Allison Martin

KEANE singer Tom Chaplin is in rehab in a bid to beat booze and drug addiction.

Chaplin, 27, said: “I’ve admitted myself to get the professional help I need to overcome my increasing problem with drink and drugs.

“I’m looking forward to sorting myself out and getting back to playing again as soon as possible.”

A friend said: “He’s got a problem, but is determined to sort it. His family and friends are behind him.”

Chaplin checked in to The Priory early last week, forcing Keane to cancel a series of gigs.

He left the clinic at the weekend to play at Chelmsford, Essex, but was driven back after the performance.

Keane have cancelled concerts in Ibiza, Edinburgh, Dublin and America.

Apparently, Mother and Father came to see Keane play V and spotted some cheapo cans of lager in his rucksack backstage, and immediately ordered him home and straight to bed without any dinner!:o A few weeks ago they caught him hanging out of his bedroom window smoking a sly ciggie! :o

As one of the fans that this is affecting, I can say that I would rather him cancel my gig than have him continue to go through something aweful like that. Bless him, I'm not let down. (They've postponed the September shows, fyi, which affects my Boston gig.) Everyone has their demons, and huge kudos go to him for dealing with it in a quick and really mature manner.

:heart:

I agree.. I want him to get better.. and I think its very noble of him to admit himself rather than to be sent there.. like Doherty.. lol But I am sad I won't be seeing the gig.. I was so looking forward to it in 2 weeks!! :( But its been postponed, which isn't cancelled.. and that good news for us. I hope he gets better soon... and Tim and Richard better not request booze backstage!!!! :stunned: ;)