✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

Tom Chaplin’s lyrics, while still somewhat narcissistic, still ring truer than Chris Martin’s relatively ham-fisted efforts.

Tim Rice-Oxley writes the lyrics.... *sigh* I really hate irresponsible journalism.

Thanks for the article though, Ian ;)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmfao, well I was totally kidding about the clash of the bands. I was thinking more along the lines of Celebrity Death Match where little claymations of the band members beat each other shitless. But I don't know.

I think Liam would probably win in a fight.... I don't see Keane having too much.... strength... there. :laugh4:

lmfao, well I was totally kidding about the clash of the bands. I was thinking more along the lines of Celebrity Death Match where little claymations of the band members beat each other shitless. But I don't know.

I think Liam would probably win in a fight.... I don't see Keane having too much.... strength... there. :laugh3:

If they can have one with Chris Martin and Bono, they can fire the gears for Liam and Tim.

I agree, as much as I love Keane, I don't think they could beat Oasis. It'd be highly entertaining though...

Tom didi the right thing to think about himself this time' date=' and fans need to understand he's also doing it for them :)[/quote']

First of all, yes, thank goodness he admitted and got into rehab. That's a big step in the right direction. Hopefully he'll come out clean and looking healthier. :] And secondly, I think most fans know he's doing it for them as well as himself. I think that's why a lot of people still support him. I know I do. : D

I don't think anyone has any comprehension of how gruelling it must be to be on tour and know you're expected to give your best every time on stage no matter how you're feeling yourself.

In most jobs if you're feeling a bit under the weather you can just call in sick, but top bands can't afford to cancel too often for a whole host of reasons.

As well as this they probably feel intense pressure not to let their thousands of fans down.

Once the "fame" genie is out of the bottle, it's impossible to put it back in again.

I'm not surprised so many stars end up with addiction problems.;)

And yes, definitely. I'm sure that while bands have a lot of fun performing and doing their jobs, they also spend must about 90% of that time feeling really tired. Which is understandable why a celebrity would start to take drugs: mental stimulant, to keep them going. It would make sense, IMO.

Did anyone see this video? I subscribed to KWN and this was in the most recent edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPYZ0faIUHc

Keane at V. Festival 19/8/2006

I don't like watching it because Tom looks horrible... it makes me really sad to see it. My mom didn't agree and said he looks fine, but if you ask me, he looks really sad. Understandable. But I was hoping for a second opinion from people other than YouTube addicts. :3

great

But isn't there a point when Tom stops singing but you can still hear his voice??

Not playback, I hope!!:thinking:

The video is way way off from the audio, or at least it is on mine. I can't even begin to make up the image with the sound :laugh4: So you've got me!

I know that Oasis havent done anything special in the last years.....but at least

they have done some great music in the 90's. Keane have just done nothing special and they probably never will. but that's just my opinion.

I know that a lot of people here like Keane and I totally respect that.......but I dont like their music.

I totally respect your opinion, and I respect that you respect mine (lmfao, I totally tried to work that word in as many times as I RESPECTfully could haha whoa wtf am I on today...). Anyways. But there's something that's been bugging me.

I'm not on either sides of this, since I'm about an equal Keane fan as I am a fan of Oasis. But what bugs me is just that everyone has been making statements like "so and so hasn't done anything important". Well, that's an opinion isn't it? And I know that everybody acknowledges that it is just that, but... Don't state it like a fact. To some people the music that Keane and Oasis have released, be it recently or years ago, is the most important stuff to EVER happen in their lives. People could say that about Coldplay, that they haven't done anything good or important and don't matter, but again that's just based on the fact that they really don't know who the band is OR just don't like the music.

So I guess it's just bothering me that everyone is making these huge statements (the "keane sucks by the way" in this thread title being one of them) based simply on opinion and nothing more. Add an "I THINK" or "I BELIEVE". It just makes the fans who feel otherwise feel less defensive and pissed that someone has stated a wrong fact ;)

Oh dear, I'm not articulating myself well, I apologize. But yes, don't get me wrong, not trying to attack anyone! Just saying that that bothers me a little, and I think a lot of things and confrontations could be avoided if everyone just said "listen, I THINK that Keane hasn't released anything good at all" instead of being all entitled and making it a fact. whoo. ok I'm done now :laugh4:

The video is way way off from the audio' date=' or at least it is on mine. I can't even begin to make up the image with the sound :laugh4: So you've got me![/quote']

Nah, it's out of sync. Plus the screen goes black several times. I tested it on every computer in the house to make sure. :c

Ok good, so that's not just me. Damn, how frustrating. But yeah, judging by JUST the audio, it's definately not a recording ;)

That video made me sad.... :( *sigh* I don't know if I'm going to see Keane anymore. I really don't. They moved it to a Sunday, so now my friends can't go with me. I'm upset about Razorlight not opening anymore, now it's some shit tastic band that I've never heard of. :veryangry:

And plus, they moved the gig to the same day I was going to see Adam Green for the first time. So I guess it's coming down to... seeing a band I've already seen intimately in a LARGE venue for the fourth time... or seeing a personal God of sorts for the first in a really small club.... huh. I don't know anymore. I think I'm just really bitter about the whole situation... :(

They didn't postpone my date in Seattle, but if he looks like that, I would rather they did... I don't want to see a concert with a sickly Tom. It would break my heart. My mom agrees too. I would rather he look healthy and more like his old self as opposed to depressed and skinnier. I wouldn't be able to stand it. D:

lmfao' date=' well I was totally kidding about the clash of the bands. [/quote']

lol i knew what you meant but i obviously used the wrong words. whops.

regarding statements vs opinions, everything i've written is my opinion despite not saying in my opinion... or i think... and i assume that about everything everyone else writes as well. unless you purposely make it come across as official by quote somebody or making a reliable reference, then it's just an opinion. anyone can make a statement but unless it's backed up, it's really an opinion that shouldn't be taken very seriously... just like this, which is my opinion :nice:

well.. I have just gotten around to really listening to the new album. yes.. it took me this long!!! lol I have to say.. there isn't a song that I want to skip. They are all very well put together and by far, my most favorite track is Try Again.. oh and Atlantic.

I know my 2 cents are waaaaaay too late.. but I figured I'd really get a listen in before the gig in 2 weeks!! haha!

well.. I have just gotten around to really listening to the new album. yes.. it took me this long!!! lol I have to say.. there isn't a song that I want to skip. They are all very well put together and by far, my most favorite track is Try Again.. oh and Atlantic.

I know my 2 cents are waaaaaay too late.. but I figured I'd really get a listen in before the gig in 2 weeks!! haha!

Wow! You really have been dragging your feet!! What on earth have you been doing?:stunned::P

From a Keane myspace bulletin:

Keane have taken the difficult decision to cancel their North American tour, including the recently rescheduled dates.

Tom Chaplin is currently being treated for alcohol and drug addiction and will not return to the road until he, and the doctors handling his recovery, feel that he is ready to do so.

Tom's bandmate Tim Rice-Oxley said: "Obviously it's crucial that Tom is given the time to get better properly. With the first dates in America only a fortnight away, his doctors feel there is undue pressure on Tom to rush through rehab and get back out on the road. That's why, between the three of us, we've decided to cancel the North American tour. We'd like to apologise to the fans who've bought tickets, but we've done this in the best interests of our friend - which, ultimately, is in the best interests of the band too. At this stage we plan to go ahead with the tours of the UK and Europe in October and November. We'll be keeping in close touch with Tom and his doctors about how he's progressing and we'll keep you posted."

This means Keane's following US/Canadian shows are all cancelled.

SEPTEMBER

Wed 13 - New York, Carnegie Hall

Tue 19 - Montreal, St Denis Theatre

Wed 20 - Toronto, Hummingbird Centre

Sat 23 - Baltimore, V Fest

Sun 24 - Boston, Bank of America Pavilion

Mon 25 - Atlanta, Tabernacle

Tue 26 - Upper Darby, Tower Theater

Wed 27 - New York, Hammerstein Ballroom

OCTOBER

Sun 1 - Vancouver, Orpheum Theater

Mon 2 - Seattle, McCaw Hall

Wed 4 - Portland, Schnitzer Concert Hall

Sat 7 - LA, Greek Theatre

Sun 8 - Berkeley, Greek Theatre

DECEMBER

Mon 4 - Chicago, Auditorium

Tue 5 - Detroit, State Theatre

Refunds will be available from the point of sale.

^I just read that on their site.... :( I am sooooo bummed!!! :( but Tim (my sweet sweeet Tim) is right... its in Tom's best interest.. he needs to get better. I did think it was a bit rushed to be resecheduling shows so soon after he admitted himself.. but I guess I thought the problem wasn't that grave..... I feel so bad for him..

prayers and all the best for Tom!!

:cry: