✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides' date=' if you're British and you have an album out within about a year of Oasis, you're probably going to be insulted by them. Personally, I'd take it as a compliment. It means you've gotten big enough to be brought to their attention.[/quote']

I agree. If Oasis insulted me, I'd be glowing. "Why're you so happy?" "Oasis hates me! 8D" :lol:

I like Oasis' date=' but for me now they're not as good as they used to be and I enjoy Keane a lot more[/quote']

I also agree. Oasis used to be my favorite band a long time ago, but Keane influences me more. Oasis will always have a special place in my heart and I still enjoy their music, though. I'm just not as passionate a fan as I used to be. :]

My goodness, I really hope this thread doesn't become a flame war...

He's got a point... where is Oasis anyways??? Their last album was ok.. but not nearly as great as the Wonderall days.. I do enjoy Keane more so over Oasis.. but I'd be lying if I said I hated Oasis. I just prefer Keane these days...

You said what I was afraid to. I don't think anything can live up to (What's the Story) Morning Glory? anymore. They can try but that was their heyday, and now it's Keane's.

I love the way the threadstarter just says: "Keane suck by the way", as if in a way that they are saying: "just for the people who don't know, because it is a wideknown fact."

I don't like Keane, because I've never listened to them (probably should get around to it. :P), but I hate nothing more than people forcing opinions onto others as if they are fact.

Oasis were great, as the Keane guy said, back in the early to mid nineties. But they are pretty much gone now. They haven't made any good music for at least 5 years. Although that is just my opinion, you can feel however you want about it.

I also noticed the threadstarter going into the thread of another band, who I decided to check out, The Kooks. And they went in their just to discriminate the band, you don't do that, it's just stupid.

I love the way the threadstarter just says: "Keane suck by the way", as if in a way that they are saying: "just for the people who don't know, because it is a wideknown fact."

I don't like Keane, because I've never listened to them (probably should get around to it. :P), but I hate nothing more than people forcing opinions onto others as if they are fact.

Oasis were great, as the Keane guy said, back in the early to mid nineties. But they are pretty much gone now. They haven't made any good music for at least 5 years. Although that is just my opinion, you can feel however you want about it.

I also noticed the threadstarter going into the thread of another band, who I decided to check out, The Kooks. And they went in their just to discriminate the band, you don't do that, it's just stupid.

I was just giving an opinion, I wasn't forcing anyone to take it like it was the bible or something. "I don't like keane because I've never listened to them" Do you have any idea how retarded that sounds?????? How can you not like a band you havent listened to? blah balh blah

I've never liked Oasis and I'll never understand people who love them. Besides, the more I see people who love Oasis and call them great the more I dislike the band. I just think they're so unoriginal, like, nothing new. Eh, whatever.

Any musician can say whatever he feels to say about another musician, that's ok. But when it comes to Liam you really can speak your mind since Liam always says bullshit about every band he knows. So what the fuck, go Keane.

Oasis always brings out the best in people :nice:

I'm just confused as to why Tim's slagging off Noel, when it was Liam who started it? :confused: Aw man. Poor Noel. :laugh4:

I love both, whatever. I wouldn't mind paying for a band death match, boxing thingy. That'd amuse me to no end. Someone should do that.

Did anyone see this video? I subscribed to KWN and this was in the most recent edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPYZ0faIUHc

Keane at V. Festival 19/8/2006

I don't like watching it because Tom looks horrible... it makes me really sad to see it. My mom didn't agree and said he looks fine, but if you ask me, he looks really sad. Understandable. But I was hoping for a second opinion from people other than YouTube addicts. :3

Did anyone see this video? I subscribed to KWN and this was in the most recent edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPYZ0faIUHc

Keane at V. Festival 19/8/2006

I don't like watching it because Tom looks horrible... it makes me really sad to see it. My mom didn't agree and said he looks fine, but if you ask me, he looks really sad. Understandable. But I was hoping for a second opinion from people other than YouTube addicts. :3

I don't think anyone has any comprehension of how gruelling it must be to be on tour and know you're expected to give your best every time on stage no matter how you're feeling yourself.

In most jobs if you're feeling a bit under the weather you can just call in sick, but top bands can't afford to cancel too often for a whole host of reasons.

As well as this they probably feel intense pressure not to let their thousands of fans down.

Once the "fame" genie is out of the bottle, it's impossible to put it back in again.

I'm not surprised so many stars end up with addiction problems.;)

I was just giving an opinion' date=' I wasn't forcing anyone to take it like it was the bible or something. "I don't like keane because I've never listened to them" Do you have any idea how retarded that sounds?????? How can you not like a band you havent listened to? blah balh blah[/quote']

Oh sorry. I really like Keane, although I've never listened them in my life.

If you were giving an opinion, then why didn't you say: "(I think Keane suck by the way)"?

^Agrees

Tom didi the right thing to think about himself this time, and fans need to understand he's also doing it for them :)

Anyway..how much I love that song :heart: and I like how all the people are singing along :nice:

But isn't there a point when Tom stops singing but you can still hear his voice??

Not playback, I hope!!:thinking:

[Review] Under the Iron Sea

3keane_0309.jpg

DETRACTORS who maintain that Keane is derivative miss out on the band’s unique appeal, for where Coldplay is introspective and Snow Patrol is melancholy, Keane is beautiful. In trying to break the mould on just its second album, the band does stumble, but by swapping Britpop influences for U2, these guys have shed much of the stigma of predictability.

Lead single Is It Any Wonder? is the rockiest Keane has been, featuring a stomping guitar intro that relentlessly takes over the song. It is in this area that Keane succeeds, marrying new sounds with the familiar concepts that have served it so well.

Nothing in My Way and the excellent Leaving So Soon are still pretty, but the lasting image is that of haunting beauty rather than the soaring soundscapes that dominated the band’s first album. Tom Chaplin’s lyrics, while still somewhat narcissistic, still ring truer than Chris Martin’s relatively ham-fisted efforts.

In summary, Iron Sea proves that Keane can handle the dark twilight of the soul just as well as it conveys sweetness and light. It’s an unbalanced, meandering record, just like its predecessor, but by embracing the fact that love is tragic and pain can be glorious, Keane has given itself an asset the band has been sorely missing – range.

http://www.star-ecentral.com/music/reviews/review.asp?file=archives/music/2006/9/UndertheIronSea&artist=KEANE&title=Under%20the%20Iron%20Sea&sec=Music

apologies to anyone i offended, lets all listen to doorman by stereophonics now!

You'd like to throw me out on the street

It ain't my fault that you can't read

You look like a monkey scowling at me (ooh ooh aah aah)

Well suck my banana suck it with cream

way back in the 90s i remember hearing wonderwall and since then, oasis have been so quiet. if they've been making hit records, they must've been released in a confined part of the world because until a few months ago, i thought the band no longer existed. i know there are many oasis fans, but i am not.

i do like a few of their songs but if you start comparing oasis to keane, in my opinion keane are far better than any oasis material i've ever heard.

i doubt very much whether a clash of the bands will occur with insults flying back and forth, with fans taking offence to any negative remark made by a fan of the opposing band. it's all in good fun, and a little competition is healthy.