✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A BABY-GIRL NAMED APPLE?!

Kettercat

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky

Oscar-winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow has given birth to her first child, a baby girl named Apple Blythe Alison Martin.

The baby, weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces, was born in a London hospital Friday after what Paltrow's husband, Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin, described as "a long labor." Mother and daughter were said to be doing fine.

"We are 900 miles over the moon, and we'd like to thank everyone at the hospital who have looked after us amazingly," Martin said in a statement released by spokesman Murray Chalmers.

Paltrow announced last December that she and Martin, 26, were expecting a baby.

The couple, who have been scrupulous about maintaining their privacy, were wed in December during a private ceremony in Santa Barbara.

The 31-year-old actress, who won an Oscar for "Shakespeare in Love," is the daughter of actress Blythe Danner and the late director Bruce Paltrow.

She hinted during an interview with W magazine earlier this year that she may do as her mother did and put her acting career on hold to raise her child.

"My mother turned down every fantastic movie there was," said Paltrow, who starred opposite her mother in last year's film "Sylvia." "She turned down these amazing things that would have made her a huge movie star."

http://entertainment.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=158497

Guest LiquidSky
pffff

melon is thousand better

well for a boy :rolleyes:

and if they were twins, they could be a great pair of melons!! :stunned: ;) :lol:

lmao!! :)

Exactly! :D

Friend: Apple Martin

Martin: No thanks, I just had some grapes...

Friend: Nooo I was talking to the kid....

:lol:

I'm sorry, I'll stop...makes me laugh though.

What's wrong with Sarah, Louise, Stephanie, Kate etc... :P

lmao! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that's hilarious momyxx! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :blush:

I read somewhere it's pronounced appl-lee, which they'd spelt it like that though :stunned:

LMAO haha omg Chris and Gwen must have both been on gas and air lol haha Apple' date=' come on people lol get a baby dictionary please before the christening lol[/quote']

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I propose to make a list with beautiful (and normal!!) names to send to them. Maybe we can convince them to change... :/

:lol: :lol: sumhow i don`t think they would listen to us...maybe if we find Guy, Jon and Will tie them down and tell them to tell Chris and Gwen its a weird name...maybe then they mite change their minds lol :lol:

Friend: Apple Martin

Martin: No thanks, I just had some grapes...

Friend: Nooo I was talking to the kid....

:lol:

I'm sorry, I'll stop...makes me laugh though.

What's wrong with Sarah, Louise, Stephanie, Kate etc... :P

lmao! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that's hilarious momyxx! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :blush:

I read somewhere it's pronounced appl-lee, which they'd spelt it like that though :stunned:

Iv said that name out lous a few times...the way you said its pronounced and its better than saying apple lol :lol:

App-lee is much better (it sounds almost normal)

But i still think that it is a weird name. I will give them points for being original, but i personally think it is a little bit pretentious. But that's just me.

Anyway Gwyneth probably came up with the name (i can imagine that she wears the pants in that relationship) and she comes from a relatively long line of Badly named children. Her mothers name is Blyth (which i think is terrible and is, coincedentally, the first middle name of apple), and her name is Gwyneth. When you say Gwyneth Paltrow's name I never really think about it too much. But do you ever actually listen to her name...Gwyneth. Its really quite horrible. (or not so much horrible, but just not appropriate for this century)

(i know that this message sounds really bitchy and i didnt really mean for it to, thats just what happened. I dont want to offend anyone in Gwyneth's family, its not personal, i just dont like their choice of names)