• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
recent pic from poland

40621_424392453185_8505613185_4745068_5713202_n.jpg

That's awesome!!! :lol:

They're great!

Lyvie, you should listen to "Yoshimi battles the pink robots", that's a great album!!

And I've seen them supporting CP in Paris, it was crazy and funny and good!

3900324507_709e7e4bf2_z.jpg?zz=1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9u3ThevRI4]YouTube- ‪Flaming Lips - Opening act for Coldplay, Parc des Princes, Paris‬‎[/ame]

Lyvie, you should listen to "Yoshimi battles the pink robots", that's a great album!!

Yes Yoshimi battles the pink robots is a really really good album.

Oh and I remember the Paris show ! It was awesome. I want to see them again !

• 3 weeks later...

bump...

finally gave Embryonic a listen to the other day. I really enjoyed it for the most part, especially the first and last quarter of the album. I feel that the rhythm section was really great! The bass and drums sounded so full and boomy.

I did find however that I got a little bit lost/bored in the middle because the album slowed down a bit. I think that the album should've either been shortened (over an hour long) or put some more of those upbeat songs in the middle

I have Embryonic too. I think I'm gonna need to take some time to get used to it.

3900324507_709e7e4bf2_z.jpg?zz=1

Sorry for the terribly late quote. :shame:

I don't think I will be able to find that album here, but I'll try to listen to it. :wacko:

Or maybe I only can find it at a music store further away. :thinking:

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Has anyone made it to the end of I Found a Star? I'm about an hour in, and I actully really like it. And now they're doing a 24 hour song...

http://pitchfork.com/news/44161-the-flaming-lips-to-encase-24-hour-song-in-human-skull/

I'm almost at the end of the song! I've been listening it this week, the first two parts of two hours each part, so I just have to hear the third part and it will be finally ended! I think that I'm gonna hear it tonight. There are really beautiful parts. I found a star on the ground...

And they're doing now even a 24 hours song? OMG FUCK MY LIFE!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not overly impressed with new album but I'm happy they are doing what they want to do and not sacrificing for hits, especially considering they tend to be just the right side of cheesy on their singles and it'd be so easy for them to tip over the edge and undo a lot of good almost cheesy work with a weak album trying too hard.

• 1 month later...

Album is a grower. And I've still only listened to it a handful of times.

Anybody know of any links to downloads of audios of live shows? Not UFO's at the the Zoo. Got that.

Really wanna listen to a few of their live shows throughout their career, full concert.