✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Turin Brakes

Hicksy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't decide if i think Ether Song is an improvement on Optimist - I am not convinced about the "dark" tracks towards the end but i love the first half of the album! :)

and i dont agree that they are like Gomez

• 2 months later...

Thank you soooooo much for that link!! OMG, the new song is fantastic! Hehe, "...bloody game" in Stone Thrown. Just doesn't have the power of the original lyric, now does it? The Angel/Joker cover mix at the end was great. Olly doing reggae! :lol:

Listening to this just makes me so much more excited (if that's possible) for when I see them live in August and September!

mermaid76, your disco ball is hypnotic... :shock: :D

Thank you soooooo much for that link!! OMG, the new song is fantastic! Hehe, "...bloody game" in Stone Thrown. Just doesn't have the power of the original lyric, now does it? The Angel/Joker cover mix at the end was great. Olly doing reggae! :lol:

Listening to this just makes me so much more excited (if that's possible) for when I see them live in August and September!

mermaid76, your disco ball is hypnotic... :shock: :D

Have you ever seen them live?

I saw them live for the first time few weeks ago, but it was a festival so they played for about 45 minutes and now I hope they will come back in Italy soon to do their own gigs.

Olly's voice is amazing, Gale is great a guitarist...The Angel cover is incredible,i've never expected to hear Olly doing reggae!!!

Are they famous in your country?

Here, in italy, they did well on MTV with pain killer but the rest of their hits aren't as famous as Pain Killer. the next single sounds good for radio, i wish it makes them more famous!!!! they deserve it!!!

Have you ever seen them live?

I saw them live for the first time few weeks ago, but it was a festival so they played for about 45 minutes and now I hope they will come back in Italy soon to do their own gigs.

Olly's voice is amazing, Gale is great a guitarist...The Angel cover is incredible,i've never expected to hear Olly doing reggae!!!

Are they famous in your country?

Here, in italy, they did well on MTV with pain killer but the rest of their hits aren't as famous as Pain Killer. the next single sounds good for radio, i wish it makes them more famous!!!! they deserve it!!!

This will be my first time seeing them live. Unfortunately, neither time will be a full concert of their own. In August I'll see them open up for David Gray and they're coming back to Austin in September for a music festival. Well, I'm just so happy I get to see them at all!! I've got to plan my strategies of how I'm going to meet them... :D

I really couldn't tell you how much radio play, if any at all, they get over here because I never listen to the radio. I've heard the Pain Killer video is being shown on VH1, but I haven't seen it yet on there. Basically, to answer your question, they are not famous over here in America. Most people wouldn't know what in the world you're talking about if you mentioned Turin Brakes or Olly or Gale's name. A shame, really. The U.S. doesn't know what it's missing out on. They are so incredibly talented. Of course, this is coming from a totally biased point of view! :D

They are good, I have their second album, and I like Average man, Stone thrown and Pain Killer and ooh I am not sure.

They seem cool too :)

Ooo, the songs you mentioned are some of my favorite from that album! Right now, I'm in love with Ether Song (the actual song). It's such an emotionally beautiful and epic composition.

Check out their first album, The Optimist LP. It's a little more mellow, but it's oh so good!

They are good, I have their second album, and I like Average man, Stone thrown and Pain Killer and ooh I am not sure.

It's a really good album, my favorite songs are Clear Blue air and Rain City

The first album...is great too!

Emergency 72...Mind over Money...are amazing!

Yes...they are cool ;)

This will be my first time seeing them live. Unfortunately, neither time will be a full concert of their own. In August I'll see them open up for David Gray and they're coming back to Austin in September for a music festival. Well, I'm just so happy I get to see them at all!! I've got to plan my strategies of how I'm going to meet them... :D

I really couldn't tell you how much radio play, if any at all, they get over here because I never listen to the radio. I've heard the Pain Killer video is being shown on VH1, but I haven't seen it yet on there. Basically, to answer your question, they are not famous over here in America. Most people wouldn't know what in the world you're talking about if you mentioned Turin Brakes or Olly or Gale's name. A shame, really. The U.S. doesn't know what it's missing out on. They are so incredibly talented. Of course, this is coming from a totally biased point of view! :D

I'm not a old fan and after I saw them live I realised what I had missed. olly's voice sometimes reminds me to Jeff buckley's voice, is it possible?

Don't make so much strategies to meet them...when I went to see them live I didn't expected to meet someone but actually I did. I have Olly's autograph...while I was at that festival I met him by any chance just because he was watching the show just at my back!!! :o I'm very proud of that autograph!!! :D

It's a really good album, my favorite songs are Clear Blue air and Rain City

The first album...is great too!

Emergency 72...Mind over Money...are amazing!

Yes...they are cool ;)

mind over money is a fantastic song. i love the optimist. its one of my favorites :)

I'm not a old fan and after I saw them live I realised what I had missed. olly's voice sometimes reminds me to Jeff buckley's voice, is it possible?

Don't make so much strategies to meet them...when I went to see them live I didn't expected to meet someone but actually I did. I have Olly's autograph...while I was at that festival I met him by any chance just because he was watching the show just at my back!!! :o I'm very proud of that autograph!!! :D

:o :o :o :o

AAAHHHH! That's so awesome! Now that's the way to meet them! Did you get to chat with Olly? I never have that kind of spontaneous, out-of-the-blue luck. Nah, the extent of my "strategy" will be to stake out the back of the venue after the show and try to catch them when they come out. It's worked several times for me in the past with other bands. The cool thing is, while I'm sure most people at the David Gray concert will be waiting for him, I've got a feeling my sister and I won't have too much competition over Olly and Gale! Woohoo!

I'm a new fan myself. I discovered TB from reading some threads over at the official Coldplay message board around January of this year. I then watched the 'Underdog' video and immediately became a fan. They're one of my favorite groups now!

AAAHHHH! That's so awesome! Now that's the way to meet them! Did you get to chat with Olly? I never have that kind of spontaneous, out-of-the-blue luck. Nah, the extent of my "strategy" will be to stake out the back of the venue after the show and try to catch them when they come out. It's worked several times for me in the past with other bands. The cool thing is, while I'm sure most people at the David Gray concert will be waiting for him, I've got a feeling my sister and I won't have too much competition over Olly and Gale! Woohoo!

I'm a new fan myself. I discovered TB from reading some threads over at the official Coldplay message board around January of this year. I then watched the 'Underdog' video and immediately became a fan. They're one of my favorite groups now!

I didn't chat so much with Olly,because he was talking with someone else, and I thought he wanted to listen to the concert.I was almost speechless because i didn't expected to find him! I just told him that their concert was great.

he is very kind,nice and with a beatiful smile!!!

Ooo, the songs you mentioned are some of my favorite from that album! Right now, I'm in love with Ether Song (the actual song). It's such an emotionally beautiful and epic composition.

Check out their first album, The Optimist LP. It's a little more mellow, but it's oh so good!

I have been meaning to get their first album as it was selling in a sale at MVC near me, I must get it :D

I heard them live on Radio1 and they sung no scrubs by TLC, They were great and it made me laugh :lol: