December 10, 200817 yr The first four tracks off of ( ) are heavenly, as are E-bow and Popplagio. The only criticism I have about the album is how the last four tracks are virtually the same long, dark, drawn-out crescendo. To me the difference between alafoss, E-bow and Daolaggio is very small, and it starts feeling monotous and sort of deja vu. If they had only replaced two of the last four songs with a couple more original tracks it could easily have been my favorite album.
December 10, 200817 yr just been listening to them a bit today, and I must say that Ara Batur is such a beautiful song... just so powerful
December 10, 200817 yr the only problem that ara batur has in my opinion is that the piano part is soo long
December 11, 200817 yr This is hysterical :lol: [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OIMGPlH4XPo]YouTube - Sigur Ros on NPR's Bryant Park Project[/ame]
December 12, 200817 yr Okay, I listened all the way through Agaetis Byrjun for the first time last night. I had heard Svefn-g-englar, staralfur, and bits of other songs before...and the whole time I was listening, i thought, 'this has to be the best album I have ever heard!' Maybe I'll come to my senses in a few days, but while the other albums are incredible, Agaetis seems to blow them away! Absolutely sensational! Amazing, beautiful and brilliant! I don't know if I've ever enjoyed an album quite as much, this album alone might be enough to knock radiohead out of my top three favorite bands list...I know I'm exaggerating a bit because I'm so over the moon right now, but that just goes to show how impressed I am with their "alright start".
December 15, 200817 yr For the first time I've been hearing sigur ros on T.V.. Just yesterday Hoppipolla played during a commercial for Slumdog Millionaire, and just now they played Glosoli to go with a Prince of Persia advertisement.
December 15, 200817 yr I recently discovered Sigur Ros - outstanding stuff. When people ask me if any bands are carrying the progressive torch that bands like Floyd, Yes, and ELP did in the 70's, I often think of them...It's almost like Pink Floyd meets Cocteau Twins!
December 15, 200817 yr i have heard sigur ros on tv before, once was in mtv (!) and the other one hoppipolla on bbc's planet earth
December 27, 200817 yr i love "Inní mér syngur vitleysingur" Á silfur-á Lýsir allan heiminn og augun blá Skera stjörnuhiminn Ég óska mér og loka nú augunum Já, gerðu það, nú rætist það Ó nei Á stjörnuhraða Inni í hjarta springur, flugvélarbrak Ofaní jörðu syngur Ég óska mér og loka nú augunum Já, gerðu það, lágfara dans Allt gleymist í smásmá stund og rætist það Opna augun Ó nei Minn besti vinur hverju sem dynur Ég kyngi tári og anda hári Illum látum, í faðmi grátum Þegar að við hittumst Þegar að við kyssumst Varirnar brenndu, höldumst í hendur Ég sé þig vakinn Ég sé þig nakinn Inní mér syngur vitleysingur Alltaf þið vaða, við hlaupum hraðar Allt verður smærra, ég öskra hærra Er er við aða, í burtu fara Minn besti vinur hverju sem dynur Illum látum, í faðmi grátum Ég kyngi tári og anda hári Þegar að við hittumst Þegar að við kyssumst Varirnar brenndu, höldumst í hendur Ég sé þig vakinn Ég sé þig nakinn Inní mér syngur vitleysingur english version A silver river Illuminates the whole world and blue eyes Cut the starry sky I make a wish and now I close my eyes Yes, do that, may it now come true Oh no At the speed of the stars Inside my heart explodes, an airplane rumble Cracked open the earth sings I make a wish and now I close my eyes Yes, do that, a little dance Everything is forgotten in a bliss, and may it come true I open my eyes Oh no My best friend whatever may happen I swallow a tear and breathe in your hair Making a ruckus, we cry on each other's arms When we meet When we kiss Lips burning, holding hands I see you waking up I see you naked Within me a lunatic sings Always you wade, we run faster Everything becomes smaller, I scream louder Am about to wade, going away My best friend whatever may happen Making a ruckus, we cry on each other's arms I swallow a tear and breathe in your hair When we meet When we kiss Lips burning, holding hands I see you waking up I see you naked Within me a lunatic sings i love the lyrics and of course, the song too :) sooo muchooo :D
January 17, 200917 yr I'm sitting in the computer lab while a party is going on behind me and they just played gobbledigook :cool:. Unfortunately the bass was turned way up and it's surrounded by a bunch of sickening rave songs :sick:
January 17, 200917 yr i love "Inní mér syngur vitleysingur" english version A silver river Illuminates the whole world and blue eyes Cut the starry sky I make a wish and now I close my eyes Yes, do that, may it now come true Oh no At the speed of the stars Inside my heart explodes, an airplane rumble Cracked open the earth sings I make a wish and now I close my eyes Yes, do that, a little dance Everything is forgotten in a bliss, and may it come true I open my eyes Oh no My best friend whatever may happen I swallow a tear and breathe in your hair Making a ruckus, we cry on each other's arms When we meet When we kiss Lips burning, holding hands I see you waking up I see you naked Within me a lunatic sings Always you wade, we run faster Everything becomes smaller, I scream louder Am about to wade, going away My best friend whatever may happen Making a ruckus, we cry on each other's arms I swallow a tear and breathe in your hair When we meet When we kiss Lips burning, holding hands I see you waking up I see you naked Within me a lunatic sings Now that I've heard the english version, I love that song even more. :wacky:
January 17, 200917 yr I find with Sigur Ros I don't want to know the english meaning of any of the songs. I just love the mystery of it all.
January 17, 200917 yr I find with Sigur Ros I don't want to know the english meaning of any of the songs. I just love the mystery of it all. That's true with me, for the most part. The fact that they're in a foreign language that I don't understand definitely makes them even more appealing... but sometimes, the english translations are equally beautiful, like for the one above.
January 18, 200917 yr Yeah, translating lyrics is tricky because different cultural expressions, choice of words, and alternate definitions tend to get in the way. In an interview Georg said they write so many songs in vonlenska because what they're trying to express doesn't really need words (which is kind of nice for the 99% of the world that doesn't speak icelandic :P). However... That doesn't mean Sigur Ros can't write some really great lyrics. My favorites being, Glosoli, Hoppipolla, inni mer syngur vitleysingur, ara batur, and fljotavik.
January 19, 200917 yr I've never seen translated songs, and I'm keen to see hoppipolla and ara batur... inni mer... is amazing!!!
January 19, 200917 yr i like this band. i think that their songs are very well crafted and are great at arranging the music. as much as i like them though i find that i can only listen to them in small amounts and after a while i sorta get bored. anyone else feel this way?
January 19, 200917 yr I've never seen translated songs, and I'm keen to see hoppipolla and ara batur... inni mer... is amazing!!! here's a link to translations of most of their songs that have lyrics. Naturally there may be some little errors and bits that don't make sense. The literal translation of glosoi is "glowing sole", but it's really just a childish way of saying "glowing sun". http://www.alwaysontherun.net/sigur.htm
January 27, 200917 yr While I love inni mer syngur vitleysyngur, compared to previous albums, the first half of the album is really so-so. It's from meo suo i eyrum-all alright that the album becomes absolutely incredible. The last three tracks are especially moving.
Create an account or sign in to comment