✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i dont know if anyone here has already talked about this and i did not feel like looking for it :wacky:shame: but i found this curiosity today while reading this portuguese magazine about music.

It´s about this band Fanfarlo and their new album artwork.

fanfarlo_reservoir.jpg

Looks like this young girl on the cover is Sigurrós, Jónsi´s sister :nice:

"when sigur rós’s friends fanfarlo were casting around for suitable inspiration for the cover of their debut album, ‘reservoir’, jónsi – hearing of the band’s love of czech photographer jan saudek – suggested they check out his sister lilja’s photography. upon investigating lilja’s myspace, the fanfarlo boys and girls decided to use an atmospheric shot lilja had taken of two young girls in nightgowns – one of them mysteriously masked – to grace the record’s front sleeve. only later did they realise that the masked girl was in fact none other than rósa (aka sigurrós, jónsi’s youngest sister), whose birth 15 years ago gave name to, well, you know who. as you can see here it’s a great album sleeve (for a great album if we may add)."

wow! I didn't know this! I love Fanfarlo :cheesy:

Thank you for showing us Blue_girl :wacky:

• 6 months later...

The problem was that I clicked the link in the Band's Index sticky, and it wasn't working, I then searched Sigur Rós and the thread appeared as [archive] so that's why I thought it was deleted. So there were 2 Sigur Rós threads.

• 3 weeks later...
Any of you Sigur Rós fans own the Heima DVD?

There has come a heima digital special edition which has 5 new videos which the Heima DVD doesn't have

BUT

If you send a picture of you holding your Heima you'll get a code to download the 5 HD videos onto your computer! Just saying :wacky:

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/heima/redeem.html

Photoshop here I come :evilgrin:

:P ;)