Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't WAIT for this soundtrack.

I have yet to hear/see Inni because I currently have no money, though :sad:

Do you have a blueray player compatible with PAL?

If so, I can send you a copy of Inni.

PM me if yo' interested :) x

Saw they're headlining in Verona, told that to friends #1, #2 and #3. Today I mentioned to friend #4 we're interested in the concert. He called friend #5 and all we heard from him was "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I'M IN." I mentioned all that to friend #1 and she freaked out. :lol:

Ergo... We're in! :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've NEVER listened to them before. Ugh what the hell I was missing. :bigcry: Valtari is beautiful. Extremely beautiful.

So how should I start?

I think the easiest of their albums to get into are Takk... or Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust, but I'd say Ágætis byrjun is their best album.

As for individual songs, start off with Glósóli, Sæglópur . . . and I don't know what else. :blank: Olsen Olsen is another fantastic one.

I think the easiest of their albums to get into are Takk... or Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust, but I'd say Ágætis byrjun is their best album.

As for individual songs, start off with Glósóli, Sæglópur . . . and I don't know what else. :blank: Olsen Olsen is another fantastic one.

Alright thanks :) I'll listen to them later, I'm currently preoccupied with Valtari or however this new song is called :dazzled:

I've NEVER listened to them before. Ugh what the hell I was missing. :bigcry: Valtari is beautiful. Extremely beautiful.

So how should I start?

listen to ALL the albums!

but more helpfully. I'd start with Takk or Agaetis Byrjun (their best, but very different from each other). Meo suo... is their most accessible, and ( ) their most post-rock. While Von is....well...we talk about von as much as radiohead fans talk about pablo honey.

Anyway, whatever you do, see/get heima first chance you get. m'kay?

Alright thanks :) I'll listen to them later, I'm currently preoccupied with Valtari or however this new song is called :dazzled:

The new song is called Ekki Múkk.

Hoppípolla is their most famous song; you might have heard it on various commercials: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnAwPeqrdAk]Sigur Rós - Hoppípolla - YouTube[/ame]

Echoing everyone so far, Ágætis byrjun is undoubtedly their best album (in my top 10 albums of all-time). However, I would probably start off with Takk... as it's more accessible.