✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new song is called Ekki Múkk.

Hoppípolla is their most famous song; you might have heard it on various commercials:

Echoing everyone so far, Ágætis byrjun is undoubtedly their best album (in my top 10 albums of all-time). However, I would probably start off with Takk... as it's more accessible.

listen to ALL the albums!

but more helpfully. I'd start with Takk or Agaetis Byrjun (their best, but very different from each other). Meo suo... is their most accessible, and ( ) their most post-rock. While Von is....well...we talk about von as much as radiohead fans talk about pablo honey.

Anyway, whatever you do, see/get heima first chance you get. m'kay?

Thanks, I'll try those! :wacky:

• 2 weeks later...
It was there a while ago when they thought the gig would take place at Križanke but now they changed it to an indoors venue in Maribor. The Križanke direct link still exists but it beats me as to why it's not on the list. :huh:

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/2012/20120905-krizanke-ljubljana/ There you go.. It's a shame, I live freakishly close to that place haha.

Oh okay thanks :)

It's even better for me, I live like 45 mins from Maribor :D

I'm not sure if I'll go but there's a good chance I will :)

Oh okay thanks :)

It's even better for me, I live like 45 mins from Maribor :D

I'm not sure if I'll go but there's a good chance I will :)

Dude, you live closer to Maribor than I do! :lol:

There've been some troubles buying the tickets in Croatia, I dunno why. You should check what's up and then buy the tickets :wacko: They're €33 right now.

The new album leaked and is currently sitting on my desktop. :dance:

I'll give it a listen once I finish with this lovely Mazzy Star Coachella stream :heart:

Link please? :wacky:

Straight off the bat, Valtari blew the previous album away. I was really worried about this one, because I thought their last effort was pretty bad. The music was fine, and a few songs on it were great - but it felt rehashed and repetitive. They didn't seem to have much of a spark and it felt like they were a bit too comfortable with a certain formula.

I've only given Valtari one listen in entirety, but I really love it.