✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

"Haima" Trailer :)

http://www.heimafilm.com/heima_trailer.html

And, one more thing (Icelandic thing, lol)

Icelandic musician Ólafur Arnalds:

"“Beautiful in the same way the Antartica is”

Fragile, emotional, classical indie music would maybe be the best term to describe Ólafur Arnalds’ music. Combining classical instrumentation with an indierock aesthetic there are obvious comparisons to Sigur Ros, but Arnalds is sculpting his own epic, string-laden compositions.

Ólafur is just 20 years old, hails from the suburbian town Mosfellsbær, just a few kilometers out of Reykjavík. Besides his soloproject, Ólafur plays drums in two hardcore bands, Fighting Shit and Celestine, and he also plays piano, banjo, guitar and drums in his friend’s soloproject, My Summer as a Salvation Soldier. His first solo album, “Eulogy for Evolution”, has been highly praised by the media and local music fans in Iceland and has already created quite a buzz around Europe and even all the way to Japan despite several delays of it’s release. The album is finally being released in Europe, USA and Japan by Progression Records this summer."

This is really awesome. Try it! ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B8FQURTV

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

it is beautiful indeed. i was just saying how i've rediscovered starlfur all over again, it's quite powerful!

btw Will, Josh, i think i am crazy enough to drop by melbourne for a day to catch the band. it time allowed that is, then i'll definitely be there :nice: :smiley:

Old news but:

Sigur Ros drop DVD and double CD this fall

They feature rare and previously unreleased tracks

Sigur Ros have announced that they will release a DVD and a double CD in the US on November 6.

The DVD titled 'Heima' (meaning "at home" or "homeland") features a series of free concerts the Icelandic band played in their homeland during summer 2006.

Highlights include a previously unreleased performance of 'Guitardjamm' filmed inside a herring oil tank in the far West Fjords, a one-mic recording of 'Vaka' filmed at a dam protest camp, and first-time acoustic versions of 'Staralfur', 'Agaetis Byrjun' and 'Von'.

The double CD is titled 'Hvarf/Heim' (meaning "disappeared/home").

The first disc consists primarily of songs that the band feel have disappeared from their history because they were never released or recorded. They were played acoustically on the road during the summer tour.

The second disc contains live acoustic versions of tracks from all four Sigur Ros studio albums that were recorded in Iceland during summer 2006 and spring 2007.

An exclusive screening of 'Heima' will be held in Akureyri, Iceland on September 14 before it officially premieres at the Icelandic International Film Festival in Reykjavik on September 27.

Are they coming to Melbourne, Kathy?! Any mention of it sets me off, haha. I would be there for sure!

they fully ARE coming to Australia! :dance: part of a music fest it seems but they won't be playing anything from their LPs, but please, that's not going to stop me :D i feel crazy enough to head south for a day just to catch it! :cool: ...

which...

i definitley can see happening! yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

• 2 weeks later...
all tracks on their player aren't new ... am i looking in the wrong place, where are they exactly?

Yes, all tracks are new there (exept Heysatan, i think) ;)

Different takes, yes. :)

(hey, whoa! Your birthday is on 9th september, lol. Just like mine):laugh3::D

Another news:

í gær video piece

15 September 2007

irish artist clare langan has made a video piece to the song ‘í gær’, one of the unreleased songs to be featured on the ‘hvarf-heim’ album (the song was previously known as ‘lagið í gær). the video was screened in a 360 degree tent in trafalgar square in london last week. you can take a look at a trailer of the video on clarelangan.com.

:P

Yes, all tracks are new there (exept Heysatan, i think) ;)

Different takes, yes. :)

(hey, whoa! Your birthday is on 9th september, lol. Just like mine):laugh3::D

it's true! happy be-lated birthday jan lol you're just a year older. gotta say, love the date: 09/09 got a nice ring to it :D

i know i've said this before but can't get salka outta my mind!:stunned: